• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2013

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
After three successful Eurovision years for Germany, secured by two "new talents", Lena and Roman, the national selection is moving in another direction this year: Twelve well-known and experienced acts (Söhne Mannheims, Cascada, Ben Ivory, etc.) will fight for the ticket to Malmö. The German national final Unser Song für Malmö will be broadcast live from the TUI Arena in Hanover on Thursday, 14 February, starting at 20:15 CET.

Oh, good to know.

Btw. nobody talks about Lena any more. The last thing she tried to do/did was sing the song for the german version of the Sesamestreet. But I must admit that I'm not really an expert for the german charts.

That's Wednesday. The show will be online I guess.

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
The list of countries pulling out of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest is getting longer. 10 countries including Portugal and Poland have said they will not take part. Most blame the financial crisis for their withdrawal.

Slovakia, Turkey, Czech Republic, Lichtenstein, Greece, Cyprus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Luxemburg have also dropped out of the contest.

Turkey had another reason to skip the next Eurovision issue. The state spoke of their dissatisfaction with the new rules that limit the viewer’s influence on the voting results.

Thirty-nine public broadcasters have confirmed their participation in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, to take place in Malmö, Sweden, on the 14th, 16th and 18th of May.

hzVJa.jpg

Aww Thank you for sharing and letting me and everyone here know this, Is this true my dear friend haiducii:heart:, All these following Countries above decided to drop out of the contest? cause if it is than, this is so sad:( , I was looking forward to watching the contest this year as i always do every year, now I'm very disappointed:( but I understand and respect there decisions/reasons why these countries have decided to drop out of the contest, I hope they will solve this crisis and find a way to take part ( as in participate in the contest ) before May this year. :hug:

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Corrections for List of Participants

Bosnia & Herzegovina (BHRT), Portugal (RTP), Turkey (TRT) and Slovakia (STV) have decided not to take part. Greece & Cyprus have turned to private sponsors who will finance their national finals and on-location costs for Malmo.

The following 39 broadcasters have signed up: Albania (RTSH), Austria (ORF), Armenia (AMPTV), Azerbaijan (Ictimai TV), Belarus (BTRC), Belgium (RTBF), Bulgaria (BNT), Croatia (HRT), Cyprus (CyBC), Denmark (DR), Estonia (ERR), Finland (YLE), France (France3), Georgia (GPB), Germany (NDR), Greece (ERT), Hungary (MTV), Iceland (RÚV), Ireland (RTÉ), Israel (IBA), Italy (RAI), Latvia (LTV), Lithuania (LRT), FYR Macedonia (MKRTV), Malta (PBS), Moldova (TRM), Montenegro (RTCG), the Netherlands (TROS), Norway (NRK), Romania (TVR), Russia (C1R), San Marino (SMTV), Serbia (RTS), Slovenia (RTVSLO), Spain (TVE), Sweden (SVT), Switzerland (SRG SSR), Ukraine (NTU) and the United Kingdom (BBC).

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Stundzhi to represent Bulgaria

Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankulov, better known as Stundzhi in Bulgaria, already represented Bulgaria in the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, reaching the best result to date for their home country. Now they have been internally selected to sing for Bulgaria again.

LuAT.jpg

For the selection of the Eurovision song, Elitsa and Stoyan will have the opportunity to offer up to five songs complying with the rules of the contest. An expert committee at BNT will listen to the songs and select three of them. The selected songs will be performed live in the Bulgarian national final on the 3rd of March, when the TV viewers, by means of SMS voting, and a five-member jury will choose the Eurovision entry in a joint 50/50 vote.

Last night (Mar 3) Bulgarian viewers selected “Kismet” (Engl.: Luck) for Elitsa & Stoyan to sing at Eurovision 2013. But plenty of Eurovision fans are already up in arms over the choice. I just read on Bulgarian discussion boards that pretty much no Eurovision fans in Bulgaria voted for “Kismet”, so there’s now this question going around: Was the vote manipulated somehow?

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Slovenia: Hannah revealed her song for Malmö

It’s an exciting day for Hannah, the Slovenian representative in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest. Today, the press conference took place in the studio of RTVSLO where the singer represented her entry for Malmö. It's up-tempo song with dub step elements called Straight Into Love.

What do you think of Hannah's song? :)

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
The jirmen songs are all horrible. Some a little less but most are just OMG.

Well, in a few minutes we'll know. :D

edit: well, Cascada is better than those priests but not very interesting (to avoid "boring").

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's Cascada for Germany!

Just as I expected. :p
http://gayheaven.org/showpost.php?p=1343062&postcount=3

Unser Song für Malmö was the title of the German national final this year, and now the German TV viewers have indeed found their Eurovision entry. In a spectacular show, presented by the host of the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest, Anke Engelke, Cascada was in the end chosen to be the German representative!

dgtX1.png

With more than 30 million records sold, Cascada is one of the most successful dance-pop acts in the world. The trio, consisting of Natalie Horlier, DJ Manian, and Yanou has existed for ten years now. Everytime We Touch was their first big hit in the US, and with their album Evacuate The Dancefloor, they reached their greatest success on home ground, in Germany. Will they conquer Europe again in May, with their hit single Glorious?

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've been following ESC for several years now, even though I'm not in/from Europe. My favorites so far are "Only Teardrops" from Denmark and "Feed You My Love" from Norway (though I would have chosen Adelén's "Bombo", that song is really catchy!).

BTW not impressed with Hannah's song and I don't think Despina will reach the final with that boring song, IMO.
Cascada's "Glorious" is ok but not a winner by any means.

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Denamrk @ ESC 2013

My favorites so far are "Only Teardrops" from Denmark and "Feed You My Love" from Norway (though I would have chosen Adelén's "Bombo", that song is really catchy!).

For me ‘Only Teardrops’ is a little Eurovision-formulaic but saying that its powerfully performed and staged with an interesting hook. :p

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Natalia Kelly to represent Austria

Last night, Austria has decided its entry for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest. In an exciting show, the five candidate acts presented not only their national final entries, but also some of the most well-known Eurovision classics, in truly unique versions. In the end, Natália Kelly won the ticket to Malmö!

e5ZXw.jpg

Natalia Kelly was born to parents from the US and Brazil, but her grandmother hails from Linz in Austria. Currently she is 18 years old and still going to school, but during the show she promised that the Eurovision Song Contest performance will be her first priority, at least for the months to come.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Latvia chooses PeR for Malmö

In a long but very entertaining Saturday evening show, the group PeR have been picked as the Latvian representatives for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.

YrjNg.jpg

PeR is actually an abbreviation that stands for "Please explain the Rhythm". The group was founded in 2007 and has been famous for their vocal and beatbox music. Last year, they came second in the Latvian Eurovision selection with Disco Superfly. This year they took part with two songs, and both of them qualified for tonight's final! In the end, PeR went on to take the trophy with Here We Go.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's Marco Mengoni for Italy!

Rumoured in the Italian press since the evening, it wasn't until past midnight that presenters Fabio Fazio and Luciana Littizzetto announced during the Festival di Sanremo final that Marco Mengoni will represent Italy at the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest! Minutes later he was also crowned winner of Sanremo 2013 with the song L'Essenziale. The song for Malmö will be confirmed at a later date by RAI.

dfcUl.jpg

Marco Mengoni (24) was born on Christmas Day in 1988 in Ronciglione (Viterbo, Italy). Although he started singing at age 16 his breakthrough in the Italian music scene was in 2009, after he won the third season of The X Factor Italy. Marco is also the only Italian artist to have won the Best European Act award at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2010 in Madrid.

After some deliberations among the special comitee of the Italian broadcaster RAI it has been decided that the song that Sanremo winner Marco Mengoni will sing at the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö will be his festival winning song L'Essenziale (The Essential).

Last edited:

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us updated haiducii!
So far, this year is worst than 2012 IMO :(
I really hope the UK sends something worth and not some unknown/old act.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Koza Mostra & Agathonas Iakovidis to represent Greece

Four songs battled it out last night in Ellinikόs Telikόs Eurosong 2013 in the Gazi Music Hall in Athens, for the honour of representing Greece in Europe's Favourite TV Show, and it was Alcohol Is Free by Koza Mostra & Agathonas Iakovidis that emerged as winner. ;)

d0fWz.jpg

The Greeks prove that they're still in the party mood with a funtime stomper that offers all the ingredients of classic Eurovisionism. :cheers:

Do you agree with the choice of song that Greece has made for 2013? :no:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dina Garipova to represent Russia

This year, the Russian broadcaster Channel One has made their choice for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest internally and selected a young talented singer Dina Garipova. She will perform What If on stage.

yDEtB.jpg

Dina Garipova is originally from the Republic of Tatarstan. She started singing with the age of six. Dina became very popular in Russia after her victory in the reality talent show The Voice 2012.

Last edited:

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Maybe this year we will see a final without Greece and Cyprus, but I really doubt it (specially about Greece).
Sophie Ellis-Bextor would be a great choice, but let's wait what BBC decides...
After listening to some of the current selected songs I only have liked Norway, Denmark, and Slovenia and Germany (after listening to both entries live).

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Ryan Dolan to represent Ireland

Ryan Dolan will represent Ireland in this year's Eurovision Song Contest. He won EuroSong 2013 with the song Only Love Survives composed by Wez Devine and Ryan Dolan.

tCzu.jpg

Ryan Dolan is a young singer-songwriter from Strabane. Ryan was the only songwriter performing his own composition Only Love Survives. He has played support to many acts over the years including Tinchy Stryder, Jedward and many more. Ryan has been described as one of the most exciting homegrown musical talents to be discovered in Ireland in recent years.

Great job Ireland! :thumbs up: Catchy, modern, dance song, just the perfect choice for this kind of show! :) Good luck! :heart:

robertm09

Reaction score
Looking forward to the ESC 2013. Dutch entry will be great