• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I am willing to listen to any new interpretation of the Goldberg Variations (J. S. Bach BWV 988) and I have several versions of it in my ipod shuffle, Ralph Kirkpatrick and Scott Ross on harpsichord, two versions for the classical guitar, one for a modern reconstruction of a lautenwork which is almost like a harpsichord but with gut strings, an excellent arrangement for string trio and an ethereal version played on the harp. I down-loaded all of them from Youtube and converted them to MP3. I can listen to them over and over again but two of my recent faves are the string trio version played by Mischa Maiski, Nobuko Imai and Julian Rachlin, the harp version came in 32 piecemeal clips but well worth the trouble to download because it’s simply breathtaking, played by Sylvain Blassel on an antique Errard harp.

Yes, the thing I love about Baroque music is that they performed on all instruments that were available to them. "Limitations make inventive" as we say in Germany. Maybe you like it too. ;)

I love this transcription of a organ work most:

trencherman

Reaction score
My introduction to Baroque music was through transcriptions for the classical guitar which I play. The guitar as you know is a fairly late arrival in the musical scene and started out with very limited repertoire. Early guitar proponents consequently expanded it with transcriptions of music for other instrument which even Bach, they claim, would have done himself. “Limitation is the mother of invention” as English speakers would phrase your German locution. First they transcribed tablatures for the lute which is a close cousin of the guitar anyway. Then they tried those for strings and keyboard which also worked. More recently, even works that seem inconceivably forbidding for the measly six strings of the guitar such as the Chromatic Fantasy & Fugue in D minor (BWV 903) and, believe it or not, the great Toccatta and Fugue in D minor (BWV 565). I can’t thank Youtube and Wikipedia enough.

Last edited:

trencherman

Reaction score
Here is a sampling of Sylvain Blassel’s playing of Bach’s Goldberg Variations on the harp:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Not by Mozart after all but it was supposed to be when Hogwood did his cycle. ;)

tomcat34

Reaction score
Arthur Rubinstein - Chopin Waltz Op. 69 No. 2 in B minor

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Florence Foster Jenkins lives! :eek:

And it's "Liebeslieder" (love songs) not "Leibesleider" (which might mean bodily sufferings). Maybe they thought of the audience?

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
The Master

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
The Master

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy