• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2014

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
San Marino: Valentina Monetta - Maybe (Forse)

In June 2013 San Marino RTV announced that Valentina Monetta had been asked to perform for the third time for the Republic of San Marino at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen. Monetta is one of the most talented jazz and pop singers in San Marino and the whole country will be keeping fingers crossed, hoping that she will be third time lucky.

sanmarinoo.jpg

The song that Valentina Monetta will perform for San Marino is titled Maybe (Forse) and is composed by Ralph Siegel and Mauro Balestri. It will be third time in a row for both Valentina Monetta and Ralph Siegel at representing San Marino in Europe's Favourite Tv Show, whilst Mauro Balestri clocks up his second year in a row as lyricist for their entry.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Armenia: Aram MP3 - Not Alone

After more than two months of waiting, Armenia premiered it's song for the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest: its a unique ballad called Not Alone. It will be sung by Aram MP3, who was internally chosen to represent Armenia.

gor7222cop.jpg

The message of the song is: "You should never give up and always fight for love. One kiss can change everything." In an interview, Aram MP3 stated that the message of his song is very complex, almost like a movie.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Moldova: Cristina Scarlat - Wild Soul

Last night, after a three hour marathon national final,Cristina Scarlat won the Moldovan final in Chisinau and thus she will continue her journey to Denmark where the singer is going to perform her Wild Soul!

15cristina.jpg

Cristina Scarlat has convinced the professional jury and the TV viewers with her entry powerful song Wild Soul. She got 12 points from the TV viewers and 10 points from the professional jury, and thus reached the first place.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Portugal: Susy - Quero Ser Tua

It was late night in most of Europe when Portugal announced the name of the winner of their Festival Da Canção 2014. After a one year absence in the Eurovision Song Contest the Portuguese televoters have picked Susy with the song Quero Ser Tua to represent the country in Copenhagen.

susy.jpg

The winner Susy will represent Portugal in the First Semi-Final of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest on the 10th of May in Copenhagen, the same place where they made their first appearance in the contest 50 years ago.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Norway: Carl Espen - Silent Storm

Lst night in a spectacular show at the Oslo Spektrum Arena, Carl Espen was announced the winner of Melodi Grand Prix 2014 with the song Silent Storm and will thus represent Norway at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen in May.

carl.jpg

Carl Espen Thorbjørnsen was born in Bergen, Norway, in 1982. The music has always been a big part of Carl’s life. The song was written exclusively for him, by his cousin Josefin Winther. She saw that he had so much inside of him that needed to be expressed, and she wanted to give him the opportunity to express it through a song that was truly his own.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Azerbaijan: Dilara Kazimova - Start a Fire

Two weeks ago Dilara Kazimova got the trophy in the Azerbaijani national final Böyük Səhnə. Today, it is time to get to know her song. It is called Start A Fire and is composed by Stefan Örn, Johan Kronlund and Alessandra Günthardt.

dilarakazi.jpg

Dilara Kazimova (born 20 May 1984 in Baku) is an Azerbaijani singer and actress. She studied vocal arts at the Baku Academy of Music. After graduating, she briefly performed as part of an opera troupe. From the early 2000s, she was a member of the rock band Unformal and later the lead singer for the duo Milk & Kisses. Kazimova has also starred in two Azerbaijani films Try Not to Breathe in 2006 and Purgatory in 2007.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Belgium: Axel Hirsoux - Mother

Last night, at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp, the Grand Final of the Belgian national selection, Eurosong 2014, took place where 6 acts competed for the right to represent Belgium at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen in May.

dsc04322.jpg

There could, however, only be one winner and this was Axel Hirsoux with the song Mother, written by Rafael Artesero and Ashley Hicklin, after impressing the viewers and juries with a great performance.

Now&Forever

Reaction score
Belgium had a strong selection - I also liked Eva Jacobs, Yass, & Udo - but they made the right choice. I think he'll do well.

Norway - the studio recorded version gives me goosebumps (and I could see why it is/was bookies favourite to win Eurovision), but I think the song loses something when he sings it live.
It was still the right choice, though I liked five other songs that reached their final.

I'm happy with UK entry. I like the voice, but not so much the lyrics/title - but still their best entry since 2009, not that that's saying much as '10,'11,'12 weren't good songs at all.

I like Portugal, but didn't expect her to win. Not sure it was the best of the bunch.

Armenia - I like !

San Marino is one of my favourites , might even become my #1 !

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well, there's only two countries left to release their songs: Austria & Russia.
Lets see what they bring to the table!

So far my favorites are Norway, Denmark, Italy, Greece & the UK.

Song that I haven't finished listening because I can't stand it: Georgia.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Austria: Conchita Wurst - Rise Like A Phoenix

Today, the Austrian entry for the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest has been premiered on a press conference in Vienna - it's a ballad called Rise Like A Phoenix, to be sung by Conchita Wurst, who had been internally selected to represent Austria.

conchitawu.jpg

He appeared in 2011 for the first time as Conchita on the Austrian talent show "Die große Chance". In 2012 he participated in the Eurovision national finals, he came second. While working on music and my career as an entertainer he got the chance to meet fabulous people like Stefan Raab, Brendan O'Connor and Jean Paul Gaultier.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
While working on music and his career as an entertainer he got the chance to meet fabulous people like Stefan Raab, Brendan O'Connor and Jean Paul Gaultier.

WOW! Meeting Stefan Raab. :rofl:

The song is nice, something for the gays though the middle part could be a little better. :D

Will have to listen to Georgia now as MariO suggests. :D
edit: It's not that bad. I admit, it doesn't have a melody but there's the Riddler at the guitar.

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Russia: The Tolmachevy Sisters - Shine

It's official now: Russia won't cut its broadcast Of Eurovsion 2014 because of Conchita Wurst (real name Tom Neuwirth). A group of protestors have drafted a petition calling on Russia to cut its broadcast of Eurovision 2014, citing Austria’s tranvestite contestant Conchita Wurst. (Note: Conchita is not a transvestite, she is a drag queen. Only performing as a woman and living a normal life as a gay man.)

rusartistp.jpg

Eurovision fans remember the Tolmachevy Twins from 2006 when the girls, at the age of nine, won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Bucharest, Romania. With their song Vesennij Jazz (The Spring Jazz), they reached 154 points. Now, Anastasiya and Maria, talented and grown up stars, are facing another bigger challenge – the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest! They will perform the song Shine.

Last edited:

Now&Forever

Reaction score
I'm loving the Austrian song ! It's very dramatic, like a theme from a Bond movie or something.

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I still can't find the awesomeness most people find in Belgium's entry. Don't know how it is placed so high on betting sites (standing at 5 right now).

On the other hand The Netherlands' entry is really growing on me :)

BTW do you think the Tolmachevy twins will get booed at Copenhagen? Not just because of the anti-gay laws approved last year in Russia but also because of the current Ukrainian conflict.
I would feel sorry for them but as you all know ESC is not only a song contest, politics play a lot in it even if most people don't like to recognize it.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Eurovision Odds

bets.jpg

I think the Norwegian and the Swedish entries are too overrated. I like the Armenian entry, but I don’t see it as a winning song.

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I still can't find the awesomeness most people find in Belgium's entry. Don't know how it is placed so high on betting sites (standing at 5 right now).

Where did they find the guy anyway? Did he win some casting show? :D

BTW do you think the Tolmachevy twins will get booed at Copenhagen? Not just because of the anti-gay laws approved last year in Russia but also because of the current Ukrainian conflict.
I would feel sorry for them but as you all know ESC is not only a song contest, politics play a lot in it even if most people don't like to recognize it.

Yes, I guess there will be some "boooos" but I don't think you'll hear them clearly.

As for the UK: listened to it for some 20 seconds.
It must be a nice thing for the contestant. They'll make last place anyway so I would just consider it a nice holiday. :D

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
bets.jpg

I think the Norwegian and the Swedish entries are too overrated. I like the Armenian entry, but I don’t see it as a winning song.

I think it will be like 2011 all over again (France was the bookies favorite and Azerbaijan was the winner) when there were no obvious favorite songs (like 2012 & 2013) and the one who won it all was a surprise.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is what happens with your vote!

And remember, you cannot vote for your own country but you can vote for Slovenia! :p

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
It feels so nice and safe to know, that everybody can always vote for Slovenia :D:D:D