• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

My old worn out chair

fieldofsnow

Reaction score
They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

I look out the window as I sit in my favorite chair. It's an old leather chair that I've had for a while, I've sat in it so many times that it's worn out in places but that's just the way I like it, it's comfortable this way. My wife just finished redecorating the living room for probably the 7th time since we moved here but I got to keep the chair. At first she complained about it constantly because it didn't fit in with the new colors or the new arrangement but after a few redecorations she stopped. Now she's almost happy with it, she calls it the “hubby chair”. The new arrangement even has a small table next to it that I can keep my coffee on. It's pouring outside, the rain hitting the window hard occasionally when the wind blows this way.

“Hunny, where's the green sweater my sister gave you last Christmas?”

“Didn't you hang it up in the closet in the guest bedroom?”

I chuckle slightly. I don't know why she asks me stuff like this since she's the one who always does the laundry and puts everything away. I'm not really allowed to do any of the housework. It's not that I don't want to help it's just that every time I do I put things in the wrong place or I don't do it like she likes it to be done. She also says that taking care of the house and me is the least she can do since she's not working. She's the perfect housewife, everything is always tip top. The house is always clean and neat, the food is always ready on the table when I get home from work and since we don't have any kids she likes to spoil me by doing things for me. She picks out the suits for me to wear to work the next day, runs me a bath in the evenings and wakes up to make me coffee in the morning. She'll be a great home staying mom sometime in the future.

“I'm packing some warm clothes for you as well as some every day wear. It's probably cold over there this time a year and you'll need something to wear when you're not at meetings. It's probably not comfortable for you to wear suits all the time, especially not while you drive over there.” She calls down the hall again.

“Mmm.” I hum in reply.

She's packing my bags right now, something she always does for my business trips. I never really need all the clothes she packs for me. I'm quite fine with wearing just suits and my coat is usually good enough for most kinds of weather but I humor her non the less. Otherwise she would just worry about me. It does mean that I have to travel with a big suitcase or two instead of one small one but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

“I'm almost done dear, why don't you get your laptop ready.”

I take a deep breath and sigh, closing my eyes and enjoy sitting in my chair for just a moment longer. Then I get up and make my way down the hall to get my laptop from the study. On the way back I stop at the door to our bedroom and watch my wife as she bustles about the room picking out this and that for me to wear for the four day's I'll be away. I smile and think how ridiculous it is to take a months worth of clothes on a trip that's only supposed to last for a few days.

“Did you remember to pack my slippers?” I ask.

She looks at me for the first time since I stopped at the door. I guess I startled her a bit but she recovers quickly. “Yes they're one of the first things I packed so they'll be at the bottom.” She laughs warmly. “I always remember packing them seeing as how you can't live without those shoes.”

She may be right about that. Like my chair they are old and worn but they are worn in all the right places and even though there is a small hole at the front of one of them I'm not about to get new once any time soon. In fact I already have new once, my wife gave them to me for my birthday last year but they've been in the closet ever since. They just weren't as comfortable as the old ones.

As I make my way to the front door I hear my wife close the suitcase and snap it shut. I put on my coat and shoes and jiggle the keys in my pocket as I wait for her. It's an old habit since I was young. She brings the suitcase to me, putting it down by my side.

“Don't wear that jacket it's pouring outside.” She turns around and takes out my raincoat from the closet. “Here, put this on. You're going to get cold wearing that.”

“It's alright.” I reply. “This ones much more comfortable to drive in.”

She gives me one of those looks. The kind of look a mother would give their child when it refuses to wear their sweater in cold weather.

“How about I just take it with me so I can use it if I have to.” I smile and take the coat from her hands. She smiles at me, feeling much better just knowing that I will have it.

“Do you have your wallet?”

“Right here.” I say as I pat my pant pocket.

“And your cellphone?”

“Yep.” I emphasize this by taking the phone out of my coat pocket and waving it at her.

“So you're all set?”

“All set.” I say.

I pick up my suitcase and my laptop, draping the raincoat over my arm.

“Be careful on the way dear. The roads must be wet. Is the car ok?” She asks as she adjusts the collar of my jacket.

“Yes there's nothing wrong with the car.”

“Alright, well have a nice trip. Don't work too much, they always make you work too much. Sending you on all these trips, isn't there anyone else at the company who can go?” She opens the front door for me.

“It's my job, you know that. I can't really complain about it.”

I make my way out onto the front porch and then stop, turning around to give her a good bye kiss. As I head for the car she calls out to me again.

“Be careful.”

“I will.” I say, half turning around to face her before I put my stuff in the car and get in.

As I back out of the driveway she gives me one last wave and blows a kiss at me before she hurries in from the cold. I smile and give her a wave back before I drive away. Away from the house. Away from all my worldly possessions. And away from my overbearing and suffocating wife.

For the first time in years I smile from the bottom of my heart. For the first time in years I feel like I can breath.

As I drive away from it all for the last time I only have one regret. I'm going to miss that chair.

We all know these people.. they're incredibly nice and you can't say anything bad about them but sometimes they just completely suffocate you while "doing what's best for you or trying to take care of you." I love my life, but sometimes I just wonder what it would be like to break free from everything.

Last edited:
X

XMan101

Have you ever read The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin by David Nobbs ? It was made into a popular BBC series back in the 1970s. This reminded me of him.

Very well written and interesting. Had a feeling what the ending might be. Often had thoughts like this myself, but in the end I've nothing to run away from and it's just the thought of a complete change that sometimes seems attractive.

T

Tom

Have you ever read The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin by David Nobbs ? It was made into a popular BBC series back in the 1970s. This reminded me of him.

Very well written and interesting. Had a feeling what the ending might be. Often had thoughts like this myself, but in the end I've nothing to run away from and it's just the thought of a complete change that sometimes seems attractive.

I loved that show!!!
I loved it when some one would mention his mother in law, and he would have a vision of a hippo going across a meadow.