• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Why I stay with you

fieldofsnow

Reaction score
“Why do you stay with him?”

That's what my friends always ask me. After I've told them about the newest mean or selfish act that you have done. They wonder why such a nice person like me puts up with you. Because they think I deserve so much better. They don't understand how you can treat me so badly even in front of other people.

'Why do I stay with you?'

Is what I'm thinking right now as we walk home from the gathering at Peter's house. My eyes follow your back as you walk ahead of me in the snow. I could think of many other ways I would have liked to spend the evening. It's not that I don't like to spend time with you and your friends. It's not that I don't like your friends either, they're always quite nice to me. It's just that I feel like you only invite me to come because you feel obligated to as my boyfriend rather than the fact that you actually want me to come. Probably because you hate it when I'm all “anti-social and lazying about” as you put it. Why is it so bad that I'm quite content to stay at home and read a book instead of going out and that I feel better having a few good friends instead of a large group of people I only partly know.

I put my freezing hands as deep into my pockets as I can and huddle up inside my jacket. I feel like my fingers could fall of any moment now. I know it's not your fault that I didn't dress warmer but it certainly didn't make the evening any better. I froze my ass off walking to Peter's place, you ignored me the whole way listening to your music player. It wasn't until we met James half way that you took the headphones out of your ears and then you only spoke to him for the rest of the walk. James payed more attention to me in those ten minutes than you had done for the whole day. You usually keep to yourself, we're living together but sometimes I feel like I live alone.

When we finally got to Peter's I spent most part of the evening feeling completely out of place and insignificant. You're all so at ease with each other, you're all Music majors and interact and hang out almost every day and I really don't fit in there. When you talk about movements I've never even heard of or complex techniques I feel like you aren't even speaking the same language as me.

Naturally you don't pay me any more attention than you did on the way here. I watch you laugh and have fun with your friends from my quiet little corner of awkwardness, occasionally talking to people as they pass my way or come up to me. I find out things you should have told me when your friends mention them to me, I hate it when that happens. I look so dumb as they remark “Oh he didn't tell you?” or “Didn't you know”. I casually brush it of and jokingly say that you never tell me anything but deep down I'm hurt, because it's true.. you really do never tell me anything.. and you always get hugely annoyed if I ask you about stuff. I can't even ask you what you are up to in a casual manner because then I'm just being noisy and invading your privacy.

So why do I stay with you? You're back looks so far away and unapproachable as you trudge ahead of me in the snow. Is it just because we've been together for a couple of years and it would be a hassle to break up, because we are comfortable the way we are. Are we just in denial and clinging to something that died a long time ago. Sometimes I wonder if I really would be better off without you. I huddle closer into my jacket sticking my chin into the collar, it makes me unable to look ahead so I just follow your footsteps in the snow. I feel like that's all I'm doing these days.. following blindly in your footsteps. You're always saying I'm not this or I'm not that, making me strive so hard to be better at those things that I sometimes feel like I lost myself along the way.

Suddenly I almost bump into you. I look up and my breath catches in my throat. You look so beautiful illuminated in the street lamp light, the snow falling around you and the darkness surrounding us a few feet away only makes the image even more breathtaking. It takes me a moment to realize it but then I look at your outstretched hand and with my numb fingers I take the gloves you're handing me. As I put them on you take one of the earpieces from your headphones out of your ear and put it in mine, changing the music from one of those hard rock bands I never know how you can listen to into something more to my liking. Then you take my hand and hold it while keeping your now bare hands inside your pockets, making me walk closer to you than I would have if you were just holding it regularly.

And then I realize. This is why I stay with you. You drive me up the wall with selfish acts and coldness but then you do something like this, putting my needs in front of your own, and I realize you actually do care more about me than I give you credit for. You've just been alone so long that you don't really know how to think about anyone else but yourself, and yet you are still trying the best you can for me.

This is the side of you that I rarely tell my friends about, I'm always too busy complaining and thinking about the bad stuff.. how funny is that? When everything is going well and great you don't feel the need to talk about it but as soon as someone does something that bothers you you want the whole world to know. And because of that we ourselves focus so much on the bad stuff that we tend to overlook the good things people do for us.

.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

“Why do you stay with him?”

My friends still sometimes ask me that when I'm complaining about you. But now I finally have an answer for them.

“Because he's not always like that.” I say with a smile.

S

Squallmuzza

Whewww... that's pretty damned heavy. Beautifully written and I can entirely feel for it. I think everyone has had that feeling to some degree or another. I remember sitting in that corner, exchanging those few niceties. But there's always the up-side.

Great piece.

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
Who hasn't seriously been through this? Wow; that was incredibly sweet. Thanks for sharing that. :)

H

Haplo

Well written, and so sweet.... :blushing: Good work! :thumbs up: