• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

South Bend, IN Mayor Comes Out As Gay In Editorial

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
South Bend, IN Mayor Comes Out As Gay In Editorial
Politico | By ADAM B. LERNER | 6/16/15 4:18 PM EDT

21252148795cbf0b542943a8a42d72028bd10a97.jpg

Buttgieg said the Supreme Court's impending gay marriage ruling compelled him to come out.

The mayor of Indiana’s fourth largest city came out as gay in an editorial for the local newspaper Tuesday.

“I was well into adulthood before I was prepared to acknowledge the simple fact that I am gay,” wrote South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg in a piece for the South Bend Tribune. “It took years of struggle and growth for me to recognize that it’s just a fact of life, like having brown hair, and part of who I am.”

Buttigieg, a Democrat, said that he was initially reluctant to come out publicly because he considers himself a private person, but because the Supreme Court is set to deliver a ruling on the legal status of gay marriage across the country later this month, he felt compelled to discuss the subject openly.

“Being gay isn’t something you choose, but you do face choices about whether and how to discuss it,” he wrote. “[It]’s clear to me that at a moment like this, being more open about it could do some good. For a local student struggling with her sexuality, it might be helpful for an openly gay mayor to send the message that her community will always have a place for her. And for a conservative resident from a different generation, whose unease with social change is partly rooted in the impression that he doesn’t know anyone gay, perhaps a familiar face can be a reminder that we’re all in this together as a community.

Buttigieg, a U.S. Navy veteran, grew up in South Bend before attending Harvard University and later Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar. He was first elected South Bend’s Mayor in 2011 and this may won the primary election in his bid for a second term.

SOURCE

Hopefully other politicians, entertainers, athletes and other celebrities will follow this Rhodes Scholar's lead. He's living in a state that recently made headlines with a law intended to sanction discrimination against it's Gay citizens.

He is also very sexy. He looks very much like a landscaper who worked for my mother and who I had a very deep crush on ... I'm pretty sure he knew it. He would catch me watching him and then strip off his sweat drenched white t-shirt and stretch his arm high int he air to give me a good look at his six-pack and his natural pits.

Ever wish you had taken a chance but were afraid to in case it backfired and hurt someone? He still crosses my mind when I'm fantasizing, lol. Tommy... Mmm good
;)

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Good for him! IN could use some LGBT encouragement right now.

fkboy1

Reaction score
'BUTT'gieg, South 'BEND'!!

Duhhh!!! Didn't anyone pick up on those clues for so many years??? :rofl:;)

OK...in all seriousness, am glad to see LGBT people in positions of power and authority realize the need to come out publicly and be who they are! Such people can influence and help the LGBT cause in so many ways, if they have the will to.

More power to him, I say!! He's cute too!! ;):heart: