• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Today in History.....

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 7th April

In 1978, President Jimmy Carter delayed the development of the controversial neutron bomb, a powerful nuclear weapon that leaves buildings unharmed.

d500wsptwo.jpg

Jimmy Carter's successor, Ronald Reagan, changed US policy and gave the order for the production of neutron warheads to start in 1981. However, few warheads were created before arms reductions halted the program in 1993.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 8th April

In 1994, the lead-singer of American grunge rock band Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, has been found dead in his Seattle home. The 27-year-old rock star had a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun and suicide note were found nearby. It appeared he had been dead for at least 34 hours when his body was discovered by an electrician who was carrying out repairs at the musician's house.

kurtcoyny.jpg

A statement from Nirvana's management company, Gold Mountain Entertainment, said: "We are deeply saddened by the loss of such a talented artist, close friend, loving husband and father."

Nirvana was so much more than music to ’90s kids — the three-piece band from south of Seattle who started out as nobody contributed to our sense of style, politics, and even our sense of self. Nirvana's 'Nevermind' is the most important, influential, groundbreaking or formative album of the past 30 years. It was one of the most influential rock albums of all time and arguably the last rock album to drastically change the course of popular music.

I always wonder where he'd be today musically if he had lived...

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
I always wonder where he'd be today musically if he had lived...

Having seen first hand failed attempts of shotgun suicide, I can tell you that had he lived, he'd have been left in vegetative state and not even thinking of music. Not that he'd mind it much, after giving himself a 20ga. lobotomy his memory span would only be about 10 seconds...

If I sound harsh, it's because I have no sympathy for someone who has the world at their feet and still kills themselves...

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 9th April

In 2005, Britain's Prince Charles married Camilla Parker Bowles, who took the title Duchess of Cornwall. The marriage, a private civil ceremony, took place at Windsory Guildhall, 30 miles outside of London. The ceremony was originally supposed to take place on April 8, but had to be rescheduled so as not to conflict with the funeral of Pope John Paul II.

After the civil ceremony, which the queen did not attend, Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams blessed the union on behalf of the Church of England in a separate blessing ceremony. An estimated 750 guests attended the ceremony, which was held at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor and was attended by both of Charles’ parents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.

After the service, which ended with the singing of “God Save the Queen,” Queen Elizabeth hosted a two-hour reception in the State Apartments at Windsor Castle. The couple then left for a honeymoon at the Balmoral Estate in Scotland. Princes William and Harry, who were both said to be happy about the marriage, decorated the Bentley in which the couple left the reception.

princechar.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 15th April

In 1989, the FA Cup semi-final between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England, turned to tragedy when 766 people were injured and 96 crushed to death, many of them teenagers and children. The worst disaster in British sporting history was result of stadium structure where authorities failed to control the flow of fans.

fyygft.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 16th April

In 1889, Charlie Chaplin, the most well-known actor of the 20th century's silent-film era, was born in London, UK.

Did you know...he was the first actor to appear on Time magazine!

1101250706.jpg

Photo: TIME Magazine Cover: Charlie Chaplin -- July 6, 1925

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 17th April

In 2001, Barry Bonds (San Francisco Giants) hit his 500th home run.

barrybonds.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 21st April

In 1947, the godfather of punk Iggy Pop was born in Muskegon, Michigan.

p04y5vpv.jpg

Happy Birthday, Iggy! :cheers:

7 reasons why Iggy Pop's still an icon at 70 -> LINK

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 22nd April

In 1970, 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks, and auditoriums to demonstrate for a healthy, sustainable environment in massive coast-to-coast rallies. Thousands of colleges and universities organized protests against the deterioration of the environment. Groups that had been fighting against oil spills, polluting factories and power plants, raw sewage, toxic dumps, pesticides, freeways, the loss of wilderness, and the extinction of wildlife suddenly realized they shared common values.

f0d4ea33db.jpg

Each year, Earth Day—April 22—marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 23rd April

In 2001, former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic is arrested on suspicion of corruption, abuse of power, and embezzlement by Serbian authorities at his Belgrade villa. The news came shortly after five single shots and a burst of automatic gun fire were heard at Mr Milosevic's home where he had been surrounded by police for nearly 36 hours. In June 2001 after US pressure Slobodan Milosevic was extradited to The Hague to face the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.

bosnianson.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 26th April

In 1986, Arnold Schwarzenegger marries television journalist Maria Shriver, niece of President John F. Kennedy, in Hyannis, Massachusetts. On May 9, 2011, Shriver and Schwarzenegger ended their relationship after 25 years of marriage.

e1433350be.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 29th April

In 1958, the Broadway musical "My Fair Lady" opened for its first night in London, with Rex Harrison as Professor Higgins, and Julie Andrews playing Eliza Doolittle. Tickets for the show cost just over £1, the first month is sold out before opening night. Black-market tickets were selling for as much as £5.

Mr. Harrison admitted he was nervous before his first performance in front of a London audience. But, he said, he was glad to be back in London. "I'm happier in the part in London," he said, "for I am home, and Drury Lane is a glorious theatre to work in."

The event, at the Drury Lane theatre, was star-studded: Ingrid Bergman, Dirk Bogarde, Terence Rattigan and John Strachey were among those who arrived at the theatre to be greeted with cheers and applause by a crowd of several hundred lining the street.

article129.jpg

Photo: Julie Andrews and co-star Rex Harrison after the first night of My Fair Lady at the Drury Lane Theatre on April 29 1958

camyoo

Reaction score
On this day: May 2

In 1952, the world's first ever jet airliner, the De Havilland Comet 1 makes its maiden flight, from London to Johannesburg.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
In 1958, the Broadway musical "My Fair Lady" opened for its first night in London, with Rex Harrison as Professor Higgins, and Julie Andrews playing Eliza Doolittle...

Some more context - this was after their two years with the hit on Broadway. While in London they recorded a new cast album, for the first time in stereo (the one with the gold and black cover). That's that version I grew up with.

1614331.jpg

The show was a big homecoming for Julie who had been working continuously in the US since she traveled across the pond with The Boy Friend in 1954.

Needless to say, the reviews were as ecstatic in London as they were in New York.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: May 2

In 1952, the world's first ever jet airliner, the De Havilland Comet 1 makes its maiden flight, from London to Johannesburg.

And on Jan. 10, 1954 the hull of that very first plane broke apart 20min. after takeoff killing all 35 on board. The cause of the hull failure was the square windows. The corners of the windows were subject to stress fractures and shearing...

That's why all planes have rounded windows now.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 6th May

In 2004, that familiar theme song (“I’ll Be There For You” by the Rembrandts) announces the beginning of the end, as an estimated 51.1 million people tune in for the final original episode of NBC’s long-running comedy series Friends.

tumblr_lm8a0o_Tm4k1qbm32lo1_r1_500.gif

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 6th May

Hidenburg Disaster

80 years ago today the airship Hidenburg burst into flames as it attempted to land in New Jersey.

22610934-large.jpg

The Chicago Tribune has an interesting article interviewing the last survivor still living.

Last survivor of Hindenburg disaster: 'The air was on fire'

The wind and thunderstorms had delayed the Hindenburg's arrival in New Jersey from Germany on May 6, 1937. The father of 8-year-old Werner Doehner headed to his cabin after using his movie camera to shoot some scenes of Lakehurst Naval Air Station from the airship's dining room.

"We didn't see him again," recalled Doehner, now 88 and the only person left of the 62 passengers and crew who survived the fire that killed his father, sister and 34 other souls 80 years ago Saturday.

Doehner and his parents, older brother and sister were returning from a vacation in Germany and planned to travel on the 804-foot-long Hindenburg to Lakehurst, then fly to Newark and board a train in nearby New York City to take them home to Mexico City, where Doehner's father was a pharmaceutical executive...

As the Hindenburg arrived at its destination, flames began to flicker on top of the ship.

Hydrogen, exposed to air, fueled an inferno. The front section of the Hindenburg pitched up and the back section pitched down.

"Suddenly the air was on fire," Doehner said.

"We were close to a window, and my mother took my brother and threw him out. She grabbed me and fell back and then threw me out," he said.

"She tried to get my sister, but she was too heavy, and my mother decided to get out by the time the zeppelin was nearly on the ground."

His mother had broken her hip.

"I remember lying on the ground, and my brother told me to get up and to get out of there." Their mother joined them and asked a steward to get her daughter, whom he carried out of the burning wreckage.

A bus took the survivors to an infirmary, where, Doehner said, a nurse gave him a needle to burst his blisters.

From there, the family was taken to Point Pleasant Hospital. Doehner had burns to his face, both hands and down his right leg from the knee. His mother had burns to her face, both legs and both hands. His brother had several burns on his face and right hand.

His sister died early in the morning...

The U.S. Commerce Department determined the accident was caused by a leak of the hydrogen that kept the airship aloft. It mixed with air, causing a fire. "The theory that a brush discharge ignited such mixture appears most probable," the department's report said.

Eight decades later, Doehner is the only one left to remember what it was like on the Hindenburg that night. A ceremony commemorating the disaster will take place at the crash site Saturday night.

"Only two others who ever flew on the airship are alive," said Carl Jablonski, president of the Navy Lakehurst Historical Society. "But they weren't on the last flight."

Interest in the disaster remains strong as ever, Jablonski said.

"The internet and social media has exposed and attracted the interest of a younger generation," he said.

The Hindenburg, Doehner said, is "something you don't forget."

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
May 7, 2017 U.S. Population Milestone

0820e9d7b820af710bd2497c319d29f3

The year I was born the U.S. population was 160,200,000. It has more than doubled in my lifetime.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 16th May

In 1929, the first Academy Awards presentation was held, at a private dinner function at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel with an audience of about 270 people. The cost of guest tickets for that night's ceremony was $5 ($70 in 2016 dollars). Fifteen statuettes were awarded, honoring artists, directors and other participants in the film-making industry of the time, for their works during the 1927–28 period. The ceremony ran for 15 minutes.

The first Best Actor awarded was Emil Jannings, for his performances in The Last Command and The Way of All Flesh. He had to return to Europe before the ceremony, so the Academy agreed to give him the prize earlier; this made him the first Academy Award winner in history.

The term, Oscars, was not used to describe the statuettes given to actors and actresses until 1931.

ooscars201.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 20th May

In 1873, San Francisco businessman Levi Strauss and Reno, Nevada, tailor Jacob Davis are given a patent to create work pants reinforced with metal rivets, marking the birth of one of the world’s most famous garments: blue jeans.

dbhgd67.jpg

What man would want to live in a world without blue jeans? :p