• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
I worked briefly for a car dealership in ’72 which sold mostly Fiats but displayed a Ferrari Dino going slowly round and round in its showroom turntable. They would have quoted $12 K if you asked how much it went for at that time.

There was an attempt to revive it with this concept car in 2007 which looked (to me) even more desirable and mouth-watering than the original.

The Dino 206/246 was never actually badged as a Ferrari, at the time "real" Ferarri's all had 12 cylinders. Enzo Ferrari did not want to diminish his exclusive brand with a cheaper car, so the "Dino" was created. It was originally intended as a separate line of entry level cars, like the LaSalle was for Cadillac. It was a collaboration between Ferrari and FIAT, there were no Ferrari badges used on the car and the engines were made by FIAT with FIAT stamped on the engine block, the valve covers carried the Dino script and the cars were to be sold in FIAT dealerships. The car was named after Enzo's son, who designed the V6 engine for Formula 2 racing before his death in 1956. He died before the first engine was completed. As part of the arrangement, FIAT also used the engines in two other cars marketed as the FIAT Dino Coupe and Spyder...

Dino's would not receive an official "Ferrari" badge until 1976 when the 308 gt4 would become a real "Ferrari" in an effort to get past US emissions and fuel economy standards which could not be accomplished by the 12 cylinder cars alone...

Along the way, the Dino V6 found it's way into several other cars, one of the most famous being the Lancia Stratos...

P.S. I don't mean to step on toes and sound like a "know it all", it's just that there's such a rich and complex history as to how these classic cars went from imagination to reality and knowing that history helps to appreciate the end results even more.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
1978 Chevy G20 Beauville

I'm throwing this in for one reason, I just bought it today...
I know, I have a problem. I just can't stop buying old cars, it's an addiction. I need help...

Actually this one is out of necessity, I'm doing a wheelchair conversion for my mother. But that doesn't mean I can't have fun with it. What's the point in having a vehicle that's only driven to the doctors office and beauty shop once every couple of months?
So I will be making this a combination wheelchair van and camper. I thinking of doing it up like an oversize VW camper, that layout will leave plenty of space for the lift and wheelchair.

I really like the way this VW was done and I'm thinking of something like it...

Here's a somewhat cruder version done on a Chevy van much like mine...

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score

The top car is a 1932 Duesenberg model J No.356 and is actually three cars combined to make one. The chassis is from a Willoughby Sedan, the engine, a Murphy Convertible Sedan, and other parts from a Rollston Cabriolet. The body was built by Ted Billings in a Derham Tourster style.

The bottom car is the 1922 Battistini Buick Sports Roadster, built by William Moal, grandfather of famous hot rodder Steven Moal and has quite the history behind it, the most interesting of which is that the car has two gas tanks, one to run the car, the other rumored to run whiskey during prohibition...:)

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bugatti Type 41 "Royale"
After overhearing a woman say that Bugatti's couldn't compare to Rolls Royce, Ettore Bugatti set out to build the biggest, most luxurious, and impressive automobiles ever using a massive 12.7 liter, 300 hp inline 8 cylinder engine (one half of a 16 cylinder developed for airplanes) and with a wheel base over 15 foot, the scale of the cars was truly massive. Six were built between 1929 - 1933 at $30,000 for the chassis alone, only three were sold. Ettore was notoriously picky about who he'd sell them to and even refused to sell one to King Zog of Albania, claiming that "the man's table manners are beyond belief!"

41100 - Coupé Napoleon
The first Royale, and Ettore Bugatti's personal car. It originally had a Packard body. The body was changed several times and after Ettore fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed, it was rebuilt as it is today.

41111 - Coupé de ville Binder

Originally a two seat roadster with a dickey seat and no headlights designed by Ettore's son, Jean. It was purchased by the French politician Paternotre and the car was rebodied in the Coupé de ville style by the coach builder Henri Binder. During the Nazi occupation of France, it was hidden away in the sewers of Paris. Now owned by Volkswagen and used for promotion.

41121 - Cabriolet Weinberger

Sold in 1932 to German obstetrician Josef Fuchs who fled the political uprising in Germany taking the car with him. The engine froze one winter and cracked the block. In 1946 Charles Chayne, later vice-president of Corporate Engineering at General Motors, found the car in a scrap yard, purchased it for $400 and restored it, with a few hot-rodding touches like a 4 carb setup replacing the single carb. Other than a repaint from black to ivory with green trim, the car still wears it's original coachwork by Ludwig Weinberger. Chayne donated the car to the Henry Ford Museum.

41131 - Limousine Park-Ward

Part of the Fritz Schlumpf (more on him later) collection, the car now resides in the Musée National de l'Automobile de Mulhouse, alongside 41100

41141 - Kellner car

41150 - Berline de Voyage

These two cars were unsold and were bricked up behind a wall along with 41100 - Coupé Napoleon during World War II at the home of the Bugatti family in Ermenonville, to avoid being commandeered by the Nazis. In 1950 American race car driver Briggs Cunningham purchased 41141 and 41150 for FR₣200,000, ($571 US) plus a pair of new General Electric refrigerators, then unavailable in post-war France. Restoration costs would bring the total cost up to about 1 million Francs, or $2,858 US, per car. Cunningham sold 41150 Cameron Peck in early 1952 for about $6,500. Currently 41150 is part of the Blackhawk Collection in Danville, California. As for 41141, the current owner is unknown. At one time it was the most expensive collector car ever sold. The last known owner was Japanese conglomerate the Meitec Corporation who paid $15.7 million for it in 1990.

"Seventh Of Six"

French textiles magnate Fritz Schlumpf was an obsessive Bugatti collector at one time owning 105, including 18 of Ettore Bugatti's personal cars and much of the tooling and machinery from the Bugatti factory. When textile jobs started moving from France to Asia, the workers revolted and went on strike. The strike turned to riots and at one point the even forced their way into Schlumpf's garage intent on destroying his collection. But they were stunned by the sheer beauty of it and returned to their strike until Schlumpf went bankrupt and the collection was seized by the government who turned it into a museum.
"Seven Of Six" cannot be considered an actual Type 41, nor can it be considered a replica because the car was built using parts and tooling from the Bugatti factory. At best it should be considered an unauthorized "continuation" of the Bugatti Type 41.
"Seven Of Six" wears replicated coach work of the two seat roadster designed by Jean Bugatti once featured on 41111. the car still resides in the Musée National de l'Automobile de Mulhouse, alongside 41100 and 41131​

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

Today I learned today that the car used in the television show the Monkees was actually a 1966 Pontiac GTO :)

Last edited:

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
1978 Chevy G20 Beauville

I'm throwing this in for one reason, I just bought it today...
I know, I have a problem. I just can't stop buying old cars, it's an addiction. I need help...

Actually this one is out of necessity, I'm doing a wheelchair conversion for my mother. But that doesn't mean I can't have fun with it. What's the point in having a vehicle that's only driven to the doctors office and beauty shop once every couple of months?
So I will be making this a combination wheelchair van and camper. I thinking of doing it up like an oversize VW camper, that layout will leave plenty of space for the lift and wheelchair.

I really like the way this VW was done and I'm thinking of something like it...

Here's a somewhat cruder version done on a Chevy van much like mine...

So this must be the van with the dimmer switch on the floorboard , as posted in this thread http://www.gayheaven.org/showthread.php?t=567497 ;)

Last edited:

trencherman

Reaction score
BMW 507

Acquired new in 1957 by a motorcycle racing champ and kept until he passed away, going on the auction block shortly, expected going price, around $3 million.

Last edited:

camyoo

Reaction score
The first automobile

On January 29, 1886, Carl Benz applied for a patent for his “vehicle powered by a gas engine.” The patent – number 37435 – may be regarded as the birth certificate of the automobile. In July 1886 the newspapers reported on the first public outing of the three-wheeled Benz Patent Motor Car, Model No. 1.

trencherman

Reaction score
Limited edition of anything usually means you have to pay more for it if you act quickly enough. Some limited editions are simply out of reach because the whole edition has been pre-sold to a very small group of chosen few. They only publicize it just to make the rest (of us) feel radically poorer.

The new Lightweight E-type is the first recreation to come from Jaguar Heritage. Just six of the lightweight cars will be built, each assigned one of the unused chassis numbers from 1963.

The latest machine being revived by the Zagato Classic program for some very lucky customers, is the spectacular Porsche 356 Carrera Zagato (available in a speedster version or a coupe version), and the company´s craftsman have created nine examples of each. Each car comes at a starting price of $350,000 (all of which are already sold!) and will be built on an original 356 body.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Citroën DS 21

It is not a DS 21, it is a Citroën SM with V6 Maserati engine
Anyway thank you very much for sharing my favorite constructor Trencherman :thumbs up:
Is it a reduced model ?

Last edited:

RefixnarcisM

Jet Black Heart
Reaction score
I'm madly in love with this baby. Corvette Stingray 1969 convertible. Sexiest car ever made.

6416a522f08e2ab19e1009a826e6929b-700.jpg