• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What Book Are You Currently Reading?

H

HustleMe15

Since I just finished a book here just a bit ago, I thought this was a pretty appropriate thread to start. I've seen what last video, youtube, music, movie, but never one asking about books. And I'm a bookie (In a good way!)

I just got done reading the 3rd book in The Mortal Instruments series called City of Glass. OMG if you are a fan of Young Adult fantasy fiction, this series should go to the top of your list.

I am NOT an ebook person! :no::angry: There is just something inherently wrong with not being able to physically turn the page on a good book. Or even a bad one. You can't show off your library to company that comes over to your house very easily.

When I was "working", and living on the street, and had a bad day, or I wanted to avoid people, or was a little depressed, guaranteed you could find me in my little hiding place at the library, face buried deep in a story. I don't even think I can count how many books I read. But there were A LOT! When Nick and I moved into our first apartment together, I think I had a bookshelf up with a row of books on it even before we had the bed built.

Our living room is starting to look like a library. But no Dewey Decimal System here. Everything is alphabetical by author with disregard to category. I love the fact that I can have a bad day at work, or even a good one, and walk past the shelves and remember the different characters in the books I've read. Ender Wiggen from "Ender's Game"; Sam Temple from "Gone", and now Jase from The Mortal Instruments. It's hard to that with an ereader.

OK, so enough about that. What all are you guys reading?

W

wardell

I to love books and your right about e-readers. I just finished reading. "The Dark Side of the Road" by Simon R. Green and. "77 Shadow Street" by Dean Koontz.

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Agreed with the e-book thing, staring screen is not as relaxing as turning pages. Currently reading again my favourite author August Strindbergs books.

trencherman

Reaction score
I am rereading Hong Lou Meng in the Pléiade edition since I do not read Chinese. I juggle this with David Ferry's Odes of Horace and Helen Vendler's The Art of Shakespeare's Sonnets.

cacc

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie

H

HustleMe15

Wow, quite the range of books there for sure. And glad I'm not the only one that shares the view on e-readers. @wardell - I like Dean Koontz as well. One of my favorites of his is Cold Fire.

defiance0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Carclos Castaneda the teachings of Don Juan

anarren

Reaction score
"Ayoade on Ayoade." It's weird as fuck but kinda fun.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm rereading "Burr" by Gore Vidal. It's the first in Vidal's series on American history.

I am reading it on my IPad. It's not the same as a real book, but it certainly is convenient.

waplo

Reaction score
Selena Hastings biography of Somerset Maugham, with many descriptions of his relationships with men. Very readable.

MickP

Reaction score
"The Bone Clocks" by David Mitchell. I like the Sense8 vibe it's giving me so far...

Kaji

Reaction score
The Matthew Swift series by Kate Griffin - way better than expected :D

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
The last few days I've been reading (or rather re-reading) historical books on the Stonewall Riots and the early gay lib movement that emerged out of it: David Carter's "Stonewall: The riots that sparked the gay revolution" (2004) & David Eisenbach's "Gay Power: an American revolution" (2006).

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Ever since my beloved mum tought me how to read when I was four years old in 1964, books have been my absolute favourite drug and reading my heaviest addiction.

I thought to write a few lines on two books belonging to the very narrow category of books I've read from beginning to end more than three times. Both books are autobiographies and both are written by gay men and I'll probably read both books several more times.

The first is Samuel R. Delany's The Motion of Light in Water, which I think is one of the most beautiful book titles I know. Chip Delany is born in 1942; he's a black gay man with a gigantic white beard and in my opinion one of the greatest american writers and intellectuals in our time, and has written about 50 books,starting in 1962. Do yourself a favour: get a copy of The Motion of Light in Water and read it!

The second is Cuban writer Reinaldo Arenas' Before Night Falls which also became a wonderful movie directed by Julian Schnabel in 2000, and with a cast including Javier Bardem, Johnny Depp and Sean Penn. But if you really want to suck the marrow of what Arenas can give you must take it both ways: both read his book and watch Schnabel's movie!

pete123

Reaction score
Somerset

thanks for the tip, I have it somewhere, will read it soon

pete123

Reaction score
Just finished 'A little life' a difficult but rewarding read!