• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What does a gay scoutmaster do in the woods?

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Kirby: What does a gay scoutmaster do in the woods?
Salt Lake Tribune | By ROBERT KIRBY | August 23 2015

21467234c43d8de5c03464da54213b7be28eae42.jpg

Robert Kirby herds cattle in Range Creek Canyon, on a cattle drive from the desert lowlands to the high mountain pastures of the Tavaputs Plateau, Saturday, June 14, 2014

A couple of times each year, Sonny and I work at Tavaputs Ranch. We drive to hell and gone, up on a plateau overlooking Desolation Canyon where we work for food and cannon-range privileges.

Mostly we fix stuff, but we also herd cows, cook, chase bears, dig ditches, haul trash and keep a mule named Abe out of the garden by shooting him with gum balls.

A few years ago, word started going around the ranch that Sonny and I were gay. The woman who started the idea was also an occasional ranch worker. I'll call her Gail from Tennessee because, well, she's from Tennessee. And her name is Gail. And she's a little nuts.

Gail from Tennessee didn't intend her conclusion as belittling. She only wanted to avoid a possible social faux pas in the close setting of a ranch house. Toward that end she took her cues from what she noticed about the two of us.

For starters, Sonny and I never showed up at the ranch with women. While at the ranch, we spent a lot of time huddled together discussing who knew what. We also slept in the same cabin, bathed regularly and made our own beds.

But perhaps most telling of all was that we always tried to help the womenfolk with the dishes.

Fortunately for Gail, Sonny and I didn't hear about her take on our partnership until long after she learned the truth — that we're just close and fiercely heterosexual friends.

But things would have been different had we known what Gail was thinking. Sonny and I share a common interest in messing with someone's head.

We would have started holding hands when Gail was around. We would have sat closer together at dinner. We might have discussed interior design. Anything to keep her confusion going about a question she was afraid to ask us directly.

We laugh about it today. Gail insists that it wouldn't have mattered to her if we were gay, and that it certainly wouldn't have made any difference as to our work. We would still be the fix-it guys, and a couple of idiots who once shot a bowling ball at a bear.

All of that was several years ago. I wouldn't have bothered bringing it up now if a recent poll hadn't revealed that 63 percent of faithful Mormons want the LDS Church to cut ties with the Boy Scouts of America.

It's a safe bet that many if not most of that 63 percent want to see the separation because of the BSA's new acceptance of openly gay men as scout leaders. After all, who knows what might happen when gay men are put in charge of taking young Scouts into the woods?

I'm betting nothing but scouting.

I say this because it honestly never occurred to me as a kid what my scoutmaster's sexual orientation was. It's possible that he was gay and we didn't know it. Ray was married and had kids, but that's not always definitive proof of heterosexuality.

The point is that it probably wouldn't have mattered. Ray was a good scoutmaster. Depending on what we had done, we either loved or feared him. He almost never whacked us.

He taught us woodcraft, hygiene, manners, how to clean fish, knife sharpening and as much as anyone possibly could've about having respect for other people's property.

Whatever else Ray might have been, he must have been a great scoutmaster, because only the Leavitt twins ended up going to prison later.

There are probably a lot of different reasons why Mormons might want the church to cut ties with the Boy Scouts of America. The possibility of having a gay scoutmaster shouldn't be one of them.

SOURCE

He looks a little like Wilford Brimley, lol. His attitude toward Gay men's personal lives is perfect. If only everyone saw things the way he does.

Last edited:

Hyp

Director of Mergers & Acquisitions
Reaction score
...couple of idiots who once shot a bowling ball at a bear...

wait, what? they shot a bowling ball? at a bear?
did they have a cannon or something?
and was the bear wearing leather britches and nipple rings?