• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Politician Outs Himself As A Poppers User During Debate

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
While the U.S. media toils away at important issues like Sarah Palin’s SNL-ready Trump endorsement and Hillary’s emails, a different, arguably much more impactful debate rushes (see what we did there?) on in Britain regarding, of all things, poppers.

Are they dangerous? Should they be illegal? Will they kill me?

In short — not really, no and no. Just don’t drink it like these stupid, stupid kids.

But facts haven’t stopped some in the British government from trying to lump the little bottles of amyl nitrate in with crystal methamphetamine, GHB and mephedrone in an attempt to address the growing “chemsex” scene among gay men.

The topic is worthy of serious discussion despite the giggle-inducing notion of proper British politicians discussing poppers in the House of Commons.

And Crispin Blunt, the Conservative MP for Reigate, did just that, saying, “I use poppers. I out myself as a poppers user. And would be directly affected by this legislation. And I was astonished to find that it’s proposed they be banned and, frankly, so were very many gay men.”
source
Code:
http://www.queerty.com/politician-outs-himself-as-a-poppers-user-during-debate-20160122

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
What's the argument for banning them?

Is other people having fun really that objectionale to the Tories?

B.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
There is no argument, it was never the intention to ban harmless amusements like poppers and nitrous oxide, it is a case of unintended consequences.
The story really starts back in days of the Newlabour govenment. Mephedrone was on sale legaly, it was popular, and safer than many similar drugs. Not completely safe, nothing is completely safe, too much water can kill you. Kids having too much fun is unacceptable to polititians of any party so a number of deaths were unconvincingly linked to mephedrone and it was banned.
Can you guess what happened next?
To take it's place, all kinds of similar drugs came onto the market, all of them much more dangerous, most of them very much more dangerous.
The new psychoactive substances bill, soon to become law, is the tory Final Solution to all drug problems, just ban absolutly everything, even stuff that has not even been invented yet.
Nitrite inhalants have been unintentionaly caught up in the new law but despite pleas from everyone who knows what they are talking about, they will not be granted an exemption.
The only exemptions granted are for tobacco and alcohol because those drugs have never ever harmed anyones health.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
The unstated argument is that gay men use poppers during sex. It relaxes the ass muscles when you are fucking.
Outlaw poppers! Outlaw lube! Outlaw cocks and asses!

I write this in fun now, but a few decades ago... this was very real.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
There is no argument, it was never the intention to ban harmless amusements like poppers and nitrous oxide, it is a case of unintended consequences.
The story really starts back in days of the Newlabour govenment. Mephedrone was on sale legaly, it was popular, and safer than many similar drugs. Not completely safe, nothing is completely safe, too much water can kill you. Kids having too much fun is unacceptable to polititians of any party so a number of deaths were unconvincingly linked to mephedrone and it was banned.
Can you guess what happened next?
To take it's place, all kinds of similar drugs came onto the market, all of them much more dangerous, most of them very much more dangerous.
The new psychoactive substances bill, soon to become law, is the tory Final Solution to all drug problems, just ban absolutly everything, even stuff that has not even been invented yet.
Nitrite inhalants have been unintentionaly caught up in the new law but despite pleas from everyone who knows what they are talking about, they will not be granted an exemption.
The only exemptions granted are for tobacco and alcohol because those drugs have never ever harmed anyones health.

That's really quite depressing :(

A very Toryesque approach I have to say - if it's new, it's wrong! If it's old, no matter how terrible it is, it would be an affront to freedom to ban it.

B.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
I hope someone from France is reading this who could supply us with more information about the failed popper ban in that country.
As understand, and my source is not clear, the French ban was followed by a sudden rise in the use of dangerous substitutes, a rise in crimes related to the organised criminals who control the drugs trade and an obvious rise in drug deaths. The govt was suprised and quickly abandoned all laws to do with poppers. Then there was an equaly sudden fall in dangerous drug use, a fall in crime and a fall in the death rate. Free from govt meddling France now makes the best quality and safest poppers in the world. Unfortunately a lot of people had to die along the way.
I dread to think how many British men and women are going to need to die before our arrogant conservative party is forced to confront their mistake.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bravo to Mr. Blunt for braving the awkwardness and stepping forward to add some common sense.

groneva

Reaction score
Poppers Ban

Do these politicians sit in a room and think of new ways to cause
misery. Aren't we allowed to indulge in a little fun. Maybe they will
put a tax on the size of your cock next. Small ones of course so
that I will be totally exempt.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
As far as I know, the active substance in "poppers" is amyl nitrite, which is one of the more well known medications for angina pectoris, and this has been the case since the 19th century.

So my question is this: will amyl nitrite be banned only under the commercial name of poppers and used by horny homos lusting for some fun, or will amyl nitrite be banned also for medical use?

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
There is an exclusion clause for anything prescribed by a doctor, so I can feel those chest pains coming on already.