• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Xbox Question

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I hope you can all help me here? I'm looking into upgrading my Xbox 360 to the new model The "Xbox One S" in 1TB

But i have read that there is some comptable with certain Tv's, as i have a 4K 40 inch Samsung Series 6 2015 Smart Tv which is model number "UA40JU6400W" and that there is a newer model out there now, the question i am asking is that my Tv doesn't have built in HDR support which the new xbox supports, so i'm wondering will i still be able to play Xbox One Games + UHD Blu-rays on this new console with my TV even if i don't have HDR? cause i have been reading some forums on this but i haven't gotten a proper answer.

Thank you very much in advance for helping me with this and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Day/Evening :) :cheers:

-Cp101

lhardwick69

Reaction score

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
I'd say that you should be fine -your TV is compatible with the Xbox One S. Your TV just doesn't have HDR capability, which isn't all that unusual.

If you get the Xbox One S now, you can enjoy it with your current TV, and then when you get your next TV, make sure it has HDR -which is just a nice bonus to have.:) Also, make sure your next TV's panel bit depth is 10 bit (providing 30 bit colour). Some 8 bit TV's have HDR, but it's just not as good.

A good site to check the specs of a TV before you buy is:

Code:
www.displayspecifications.com

So for now you have a nice 4k Samsung. Really there is no mad rush for you to upgrade. It will probably be another few years for game developers to really start taking advantage of HDR anyway. And as for 4K Blu-ray -buy a few titles to try it out on the new Xbox if you are curious... but wait a few years and the price of discs might come down. Right now it's about €30 per disc.:eek:

You might also consider waiting for Project Scorpio. That said however, the Xbox One S is excellent value, for now, whatever way you look at it. The 4K Blu-ray player alone is worth €300-€400.

P.s. I too am considering buying the Xbox One S, but am waiting for it to come out in black, if it ever does, I just prefer that over white, or any kind of bright colour.

Last edited:

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
its kind of hard to explain so here it goes--microsoftt xbox one s --heres a link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one-s-technical-requirements

it talks about hdr and hdr10 --there is a difference--hdr10 is Microsoft based and tvs cost more to play games and movies and videos to its fullest potential as to where sony is hdr only leave it up to Microsoft to make things more expensive

Thanks lhardwick69:heart: for your Kind comment & sharing with me a link to some info and explaining to me in detail what the site talks about, that's so kind of you, thank you :) & I see, i didn't know there is a difference between the two, i think there should be only just 1 HDR format and not 2 cause i and probably maybe everyone thinks the same like me too that this whole new 4K resolution technology is all ruined/messed up big time.

And that's a shame Microsoft choose that path, they should of went just HDR instead of making another HDR, but then again its all about filling there pockets/profits on making more money from customers like us and everyone.

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'd say that you should be fine -your TV is compatible with the Xbox One S. Your TV just doesn't have HDR capability, which isn't all that unusual.

If you get the Xbox One S now, you can enjoy it with your current TV, and then when you get your next TV, make sure it has HDR -which is just a nice bonus to have.:) Also, make sure your next TV's panel bit depth is 10 bit (providing 30 bit colour). Some 8 bit TV's have HDR, but it's just not as good.

A good site to check the specs of a TV before you buy is:

Code:
www.displayspecifications.com

So for now you have a nice 4k Samsung. Really there is no mad rush for you to upgrade. It will probably be another few years for game developers to really start taking advantage of HDR anyway. And as for 4K Blu-ray -buy a few titles to try it out on the new Xbox if you are curious... but wait a few years and the price of discs might come down. Right now it's about €30 per disc.:eek:

You might also consider waiting for Project Scorpio. That said however, the Xbox One S is excellent value, for now, whatever way you look at it. The 4K Blu-ray player alone is worth €300-€400.

P.s. I too am considering buying the Xbox One S, but am waiting for it to come out in black, if it ever does, I just prefer that over white, or any kind of bright colour.

Thanks Mardo:heart: for your Kind comment & sharing with me a link where to check tv specs before buying, that's so kind of you, thank you :) & I'll have a look at the site later today.

And thanks for letting me know this, I see, I'm glad to hear my TV is compatible with the console :) i think i will go and buy it tomorrow and yes i know my TV doesn't have that HDR feature, wish my TV had this "One Connect Evolution Kit" which allows older UHD TV's to be compatible with all future TV standards etc! but doesn't:( as i was thinking about getting that instead of buying a new TV set.

And No worries, i will remember next time in the future when i buy my next TV to make sure it has HDR with 10 Bit depth panel and 30 bit color etc! and yes i know HDR is a nice bonus, i see some video footage of it in action which looks so beautiful and amazing.

And thanks, i think my current 4K TV Samsung looks nice too and yes i did read something online about it taking a few years for game developers to take advantage of this new HDR technology and No worries i was planning on do that and buying a few UHD Blu-rays later on and Wow that's a lot of money for them discs in Europe, here in my country they cost between $24 for some movies and rest up to nearly $50 AUD per disc, hopefully they will come down in price before the next TV resolution releases which is 8K

Well i did hear about that Project Scorpio coming next year and was thinking about waiting for it instead of the current Xbox, but then i thought it might be very expensive to get that and Wow that's a bit more cheaper for the UHD Blu-ray player over there where you live, as the player in my country costs about $596 AUD

Oh you should get an Xbox One S, if you do congratulations on your new purchase, hope you enjoy and have lots of fun and great time playing with the console and regarding about the consoles color, i think there already is one that does come in Black as i seen a special edition one available :)

Click Here

I hope you like and that the info in the link above helps :cheers: