• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Recipes To Share

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce

I made this one, again, for Thanksgiving dinner -- but I omitted the caramel sauce this time. (I just wasn't in the mood and it felt like gilding the lily.) It is a Ree Drummond/Pioneer Woman recipe.

Level: Intermediate

Total Time: 6 hr 45 min (includes chilling, standing and cooling times)
Active Time: 40 min

Yield: 10 to 12 servings

Ingredients
Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake:
12 ounces gingersnaps
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Dash of kosher salt
Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
One 15-ounce can pumpkin puree -- NOT pumpkin pie filling!
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Salted Caramel Sauce:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Whipped cream, for serving
Chopped pecans, for serving

Directions:

For the pumpkin gingersnap cheesecake:
  • In a food processor or blender, grind the gingersnaps until fine. Pour into a bowl and stir in the pecans, melted butter, brown sugar and salt. Press into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch spring-form pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  • To make the filling, beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer until soft, scraping the sides once. Mix in the pumpkin, scraping the sides once or twice. Add the eggs 1 at a time, allowing them to mix in, then add the sour cream and mix. With the mixer on low, add the granulated sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Thoroughly scrape the bowl and mix to ensure everything is smooth and mixed in.
  • Pour the filling into the pan, smoothing the top. Set the pan on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is no longer soupy but still slightly jiggly, about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven, open the door just a hair and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 15 more minutes.
  • Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes, then cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.

For the salted caramel sauce:
  • Mix the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-low to medium heat. Cook, while whisking gently, until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate until needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
  • Slice the cheesecake and top with the salted caramel sauce, whipped cream and chopped pecans.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
I made this one, again, for Thanksgiving dinner -- but I omitted the caramel sauce this time. (I just wasn't in the mood and it felt like gilding the lily.) It is a Ree Drummond/Pioneer Woman recipe.

MMM, that looks pretty good for sure!!

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score

MMM, that looks pretty good for sure!!

I've made this one before and it was, once again, a big hit for desert. It isn't in the overwhelming pumpkin spice camp, it is very subtle. You can actually taste pumpkin! (With a pleasant hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.) The gingersnaps and pecans give their boost, as well.

If you omit the caramel sauce, it is a really easy recipe. Oven timing can be tricky, though -- it goes from soupy in the middle to jiggly in minutes, so the surface can crack. That, and the homemade caramel sauce, are really the only things I would consider that put this in the "Intermediate" level.

Even with the San Andreas fault that mine had, it was still a lovely and tall and creamy cheesecake.

mattla

Reaction score
I view the crack on the top of a cheesecake as an opportunity for a little extra indulgence. I simply (and gently) smooth the top just a little to fill in the crack. Depending on the flavor of cheesecake I put either a sour cream topping on or a chocolate ganache (melted chocolate and heavy cream) both are thick enough to cover the top without anyone being the wiser. Of course as mentioned even with a crack it is still cheesecake and will be delightful no matter what.

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Argentinean Christmas Food Guide

CU9HxHT.jpg

mmarty

Reaction score
Yum, Yum Yum!!! All your recipes sound wonderful!
(and I think I just gained about 10 pounds!)

Hyp

Director of Mergers & Acquisitions
Reaction score
this thread is going to make me fat ;)

trencherman

Reaction score
Waste not, want not

What to do with left-over Panetone, kougloff, stollen and other holiday bread after the holidays. Slice them thin and pin them in your waffle iron like this: