• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

loretta

Reaction score
autumn is comming

i do not know why, but every year when the nature changes her colour i listen to this kind of music

J

JamesK

Dvorak - Mazurek/Mazurka

Thx Sinner for the Dvorak/Humoresque :)

here another Dvorak masterpiece: Mazurek/Mazurka in E minor / the piano version with David Oistrach - I'm glad that I had the opportunity to visit 2 concerts with him shortly before he passed away.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Johann Adolf Hasse, on of the (missing) links between Bach and Haydn ;)

He's still famous in Jirmeny, you'll find him in sayings like "Hasse mal 'n Euro" (that's hard to translate) or "Ich hasse dumme Witze" (I don't like stupid jokes).

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Here is the pure irony of Maurice Ravel and his answer to the Vienna Waltz :p

Ravel's "La Valse" is finally a danse macabre and becomes faster and faster at the end.

I simply love this piece as it is thrilling, sparkling and has even a little Spanish touch with the use of castanets.

Last edited:

gm1911

Reaction score
Here is symphony guide for Mahler lovers

loretta

Reaction score
purcell

touching performance, this was his last performance

she was Dido

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Stravinsky!

Okiedokie, here´s some Stravinskij - plus some Nijinskij and some Bakst.

Of course I´m talking about Le sacré du printemps (The Rites of Spring), that magnificent and totally scandalous ballet that premiered in Paris 1913, the music composed by Stravinskij, choreographed by Vaslav Nijinskij and costumes by Léon Bakst.

In a way you could say that this ballet was part of that immense wave of Wagnerism that swept Europe until World War I, since it is kind of a wagnerian Gesamtkunstwerk, and that´s why it´s important NOT to talk about it as only a piece of music by Stravinskij - choreography and costume are just as essential and just as groundbreaking.

Which lead us on to the next statement : This is not at all just another damned booring piece of early 20th century wagnerism - this is one of the truly defining works of aesthetic modernism !

Last edited:

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Today here is another one of my favourite composers - Jean Sibelius.

His 5th symphony has this marvellous final movement with the very famous called "Swan-Theme"

Everytime when I listen to it there is this wideness and then the brass
starts to introduce this famous theme only 2 minutes after the movement started.

Without sounding philosophic but it feels even like wings are swinging.

It is just so beautiful :heart:

edkiko

Reaction score
great

Last edited by a moderator:

js324

Reaction score
The Adagio from "Spartacus" by Aram Khachaturian

Sabre Dance from "Gayane" also by Aram Khachaturian (everyone knows this one)

Last edited:

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Gustav Mahler: I have lost touch with the world

Guys, yesterday I had a whole evening with songs of Gustav Mahler
and I want to share one of the most emotional pieces of the "Rueckert Songs".

These songs are based on texts of the German poet Friedrich Rueckert and have such a deep expression
and Mahler orchestrated these masterpieces with such an intimacy and beauty :heart:

I add an English translation which I find at least very close to the original.
It is of course very hard to translate a style of poetry but at least you know what the piece is about.

I am just so deeply touched every time when I listen to it and I regularly cry as I did today too.

This is the 5th and last piece of the "Rueckert Songs" with the title "I lost touch with the World".

It is like magic when the piece ends and you have this silence where you just get deeper and deeper into.

Hope you enjoy as well guys :heart:

I am lost to the world
with which I used to waste so much time,
It has heard nothing from me for so long
that it may very well believe that I am dead!

It is of no consequence to me
Whether it thinks me dead;
I cannot deny it,
for I really am dead to the world.

I am dead to the worlds tumult,
And I rest in a quiet realm!
I live alone in my heaven,
In my love and in my song!

P.S. Without sounding philosophical but didn't we all feel this way,
like having lost touch with the world sometimes?

Last edited: