• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2019

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks! Today’s the day! Europe, Australia, and viewers around the world, have fun tonight! :dancing: Please remember to leave milk and cookies out for Jon Ola Sand :D

Just a little reminder of who you should vote tonight #Eurovision :p

a34ef2bc334.jpg

I'll vote precisely the way I've already promised :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll vote precisely the way I've already promised :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

My 12 points goes to Sweden ;) I'm just wondering: why is Sweden, of all countries, one of the best at Eurovision (every year)? ;)

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
My 12 points goes to Sweden ;) I'm just wondering: why is Sweden, of all countries, one of the best at Eurovision (every year)? ;)

The simple answer could be: because ABBA started building a very strong pop music tradition, and in the aftermath of ABBA we got music producers like Denniz Pop and Max Martin.

A more complex and structural answer could be about the communal music school, where every kid interested in playing some instrument and making music could go study during primary and secondary school; it wasn't obligatory so no kid who wasn't interested had to study music, it was totally voluntary.

And then Sweden is a land of ten thousand church choirs - I'm not kidding you, singing in choirs is a gigantic "sport", and there's possibly more people going to choir practice every week than people playing football regularly (not that the first necessarily excludes the second...).

larryisreal

I believe!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Czech band looks like the cast of a $taxu$ video...

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
My final thoughts on #ESC2019

I was right about Sweden. They won the jury. Norway won the televote and Netherlands won the show. Every year Sergey Lazarev participated we get a winner who didn't win either section. :thinking:

I wasn't shocked that UK is last. The song was totally boring and cliche. This is the fourth time the UK has finished last (2003, 2008, 2010, 2019). In the 21st century, the United Kingdom has only reached the top ten twice and finished lower than 20th 10 times out of the last 17 attempts.

Another voting shock came when Germany received ZERO points from the voting public, leaving them in third-to-last position. In contrast to last year's Micheal Schulte (4th place), the sisters song was really bad. Live show could also be the weakest among all countries.

On the other hand, it is interesting that everyone is talking about Germany and UK, but no one is talking about The Czech republic! A silly, annoying song made for a kid birthday party got 151 points from the jury but only 7 from the public!? :? But I think a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend voted for them...

Best interval act of all time? Maybe. Conchita, Måns and Mr. Danylko stole the show. btw, was the DJ really his mom? In my opinion, they should have been 3 times longer and just skip Madonna. :p

Thank you, you were great hosts Israel! The stage and effects and the whole production value was impressive! Although it's a bit sad to pay 1,8 million$ for someone singing out of tune...

See you next year in...Amsterdam? ;)

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

I was right about Sweden. They won the jury. Norway won the televote and Netherlands won the show. Every year Sergey Lazarev participated we get a winner who didn't win either section. :thinking:

I wasn't shocked that UK is last. The song was totally boring and cliche. This is the fourth time the UK has finished last (2003, 2008, 2010, 2019). In the 21st century, the United Kingdom has only reached the top ten twice and finished lower than 20th 10 times out of the last 17 attempts.

Another voting shock came when Germany received ZERO points from the voting public, leaving them in third-to-last position. In contrast to last year's Micheal Schulte (4th place), the sisters song was really bad. Live show could also be the weakest among all countries.

On the other hand, it is interesting that everyone is talking about Germany and UK, but no one is talking about The Czech republic! A silly, annoying song made for a kid birthday party got 151 points from the jury but only 7 from the public!? :? But I think a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend voted for them...

Best interval act of all time? Maybe. Conchita, Måns and Mr. Danylko stole the show. btw, was the DJ really his mom? In my opinion, they should have been 3 times longer and just skip Madonna. :p

Thank you, you were great hosts Israel! The stage and effects and the whole production value was impressive! Although it's a bit sad to pay 1,8 million$ for someone singing out of tune...

See you next year in...Amsterdam? ;)

I'm in complete agreement about the interval act: Conchita and Måns and their co-stars did a great job, it could easily have been much longer - skipping Madonna :p

Now&Forever

Reaction score
My fav song this year is from Norway, so my fav moment was them getting such huge points from the public, and their reaction to it :)

I love the winning song too, so well done to him !

I have most Madonna albums, but have never seen her in concert. Judging that performance, I wouldn't go see her now ,even if the tickets were free.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have most Madonna albums, but have never seen her in concert.

I'm not the biggest Madonna fan, but I do like her. I saw her in 2009 (Sticky & Sweet Tour), when she promoted her 11th studio album Hard Candy (4 Minutes feat. Justin Timberlake). There were some slow moments, but overall it was a fantastic show.

Judging that performance, I wouldn't go see her now ,even if the tickets were free.

I could not say better. I think exactly the same!

Even Serhat hit the notes better than she did! :D

It doesn't surprise she autotuned her Eurovision performance before uploading it to her YouTube channel!

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
The Queen

The author and former editor-in-chief of Attitude magazine on how Madonna changed his life

"Madonna was a radical, brilliant pop icon who changed so many people’s lives. Mine included. I grew up in Bolton in the 1980s, at a time when no one wanted to say anything positive about gay people. If we were represented in the media, it was as disease-carrying sexual predators who couldn’t be trusted around children. The idea of gay role models didn’t even exist. And then along came Madonna.

I first became aware of her around the time Like a Virgin was released in 1984, and felt myself being drawn in, but I resisted. I’d been conditioned to be mistrustful of transgressive, rebellious women who expressed their sexuality. By the time the True Blue album came out in 1986 – I was 11 – I was starting to realise I was gay. And that made me sexually transgressive too.

Then came the Open Your Heart video. In it, Madonna played a stripper dancing in a venue for an audience that included a lesbian drag king and two gay sailors locked in an affectionate embrace. The thing about her that had been my point of contention suddenly became a point of connection. After that, I didn’t just enjoy Madonna’s work: she became like a spirit guide.

People forget the role Madonna played in opening up gay culture to the mainstream. She wasn’t gay herself, but from the beginning she talked about how gay people were part of her life: her gay mentor, her dance teacher, Christopher Flynn; the artists and photographers she hung around with like Keith Haring and Herb Ritts; the gay dancers she paraded around so proudly in the film In Bed With Madonna. You cannot imagine what it was like to witness her doing that when you were being mercilessly bullied about your sexuality at school, as I was. This was when George Michael, Freddie Mercury and the Pet Shop Boys didn’t dare to come out.

Nowadays, online, it’s easy to know that there are other people like you in the world. But in the 1980s, you existed in your own bubble. This was also the time of Aids emerging. The album Like a Prayer came with a copy of a handwritten note from Madonna – I remember so clearly opening it, and how tenderly it was worded, declaring that everyone with Aids deserved respect and compassion, “regardless of their sexual orientation”. Madonna was accused in TV interviews at the time of being irresponsible because of her support for gay culture – you can still see clips of this on YouTube. But she ripped into homophobic interviewers with such ferocity, like a lioness protecting her cubs. It had an incredible impact on me.

Before Madonna, it felt like all gay icons had been tragic figures. And yes, Madonna had endured great tragedy in her life – her mother died when she was five – but you never saw an ounce of fragility in her. Think of her in that Jean Paul Gaultier basque – it was like a suit of armour. She was all steely defiance and I wanted to channel this to get through the challenges life was throwing at me.
When people think about 1980s pop icons, they often think of those who’ve gone: Prince, Whitney, Michael Jackson. They often forget about Madonna, the only one that’s survived – and they continue to mock her, not just for being a sexually confident woman but for one who’s dared to get older and continue to produce work.

But I love how Madonna’s never wanted to be seen as a nostalgia artist and how in recent years she’s become even more politically outspoken. Her speech at the Billboard women in music awards in 2016; she called out the “blatant sexism and misogyny and constant bullying and relentless abuse” she’d experienced as a woman in the music industry. So many people have relied on Madonna’s music for emotional support in their lives and I’m so glad she’s still here, still expressing herself, absolutely on her own terms. Because if she hadn’t been doing that when I was younger, I’m not sure I’d be here now – and I certainly wouldn’t be the person I am today."
...........................................................................................................................................
I worked as a volunteer in the 80's with a group that took in pets of those that got to sick to take care of them and I remember how much Madonna meant to so many in the 80's with Aids, back when they were shunned by family and friends. I remember one guy named Gary who on his death bed requested to see his cat before he died and thankfully I was able to sneak his cat in the hospital the night he passed away holding his fur baby and listening to Like a Prayer, he passed happy. Madonna will always be a saint to me.

Last edited:

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I was right about Sweden. They won the jury.

They did not. In fact after everything was done, they corrected the results of the Belarusian jury vote and North Macedonia was the jury winner. LOL.

1.png

Source.

I voted a lot of times for Slovenia, Australia, and Spain got my vote too, because of the hot guy :blushing:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hungary Pull Out Of Eurovision Because 'It's Too Gay'

Hungary will not participate in next year’s Eurovision song contest, amid speculation the decision was taken because the competition is “too gay” for the taste of the country’s far-right government and public media bosses.

A pro-government television host called Eurovision a “homosexual flotilla” and said Hungary not taking part would boost the country’s mental health. :?

READ MORE

klimt

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The New Hilarious song featuring by BILAL HASSANI, France's 2019 ESC representant...

A song by the french rapper ALKAPOTE (sounds like AL CAPONE but KAPOTE in french means condom)