• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What makes you sad today?

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Another thing to think about is passwords. We all get used to our Edge or Chrome browser etc saving passwords for us but a re-set means that you loose them all. So however you back these up, a paper list or a password manager etc make sure that is always updated when you have new passwords or change a password. I had joined a couple of sites since I last backed up my passwords and on Friday I had to click on their "Forgotten your password?" prompt and wait for them to e.mail me with the link to get a new password.
That's so true - and in this case I don't trust any App! There I'm very old-fashioned and so I have a booklet where all these passwords are written in. And this booklet can destroy only a fire and I hope that will never happen!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
That's so true - and in this case I don't trust any App! There I'm very old-fashioned and so I have a booklet where all these passwords are written in. And this booklet can destroy only a fire and I hope that will never happen!
A work colleague used to save the list as a Word document. She only saved it on her computer - until I asked here what would happen if she had to do a full factory re-set, loosing all files and folders as well as programs and apps. I think she now saves it to a usb stick.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
A work colleague used to save the list as a Word document. She only saved it on her computer - until I asked here what would happen if she had to do a full factory re-set, loosing all files and folders as well as programs and apps. I think she now saves it to a usb stick.
Well - an usb-stick is a really good choice! Good tip! 👍

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Last year I watched the 1st season of a Finnish Scandi-Noir series ARCTIC CIRCLE on the All4 streaming service. I really liked it and at the weekend I spotted that they have loaded Season 2 so decided I would start it this afternoon. 2 episodes in and all is good, it has several plotlines running. Then I get to episode 3 and some storylines are connecting and 2 cops are searching some forestry in finnish lapland trying to work out what is happening, they see a guy get shot and killed, get captured by the bad guys, The boss has a chat with them but nobody mentions the guy getting shot, He doesn't tie them up or anything then walks out the room saying "Dinner is at seven". At that point I gave up and swiched off. All a waste of time in the end.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have been getting "Your battery is failing" messages on my laptop for a few weeks and particularly on cold days I would get a black screen on start-up with a battery warning. These were not every time and on occassions I would go for 8 or 9 days without any message. Then I started to notice that the mains supply would stop and the laptop was running only on battery but a quick push on the plug and the mains would re-start.

Last night it got worse and the mains was cutting out lots of times and playing around with the plug sometimes did not have any effect so I had to abandon my plans and run full backups incase the laptop was about to die on me. Half way through doing the backups I realised that the "battery problem" might actually be a "mains power adapter" and that the battery might only have been low because the mains feed was faulty and it wasn't charging properly.

The night ended on a happier note as after 30mins of hunting around in drawers and storage boxes I found an old laptop mains lead that fitted (this was after finding 2 that didn't!) and so I swapped it for the possibly faullty one and, fingers crossed, so far no error messages and no mains power failure. Maybe I have sorted it, maybe not - time will tell. We are due some very cold weather for the next few days with snow and frosty nights so that will be a good test as many of the "battery failing" were on cold days.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have been getting "Your battery is failing" messages on my laptop for a few weeks and particularly on cold days I would get a black screen on start-up with a battery warning. These were not every time and on occassions I would go for 8 or 9 days without any message. Then I started to notice that the mains supply would stop and the laptop was running only on battery but a quick push on the plug and the mains would re-start.

Last night it got worse and the mains was cutting out lots of times and playing around with the plug sometimes did not have any effect so I had to abandon my plans and run full backups incase the laptop was about to die on me. Half way through doing the backups I realised that the "battery problem" might actually be a "mains power adapter" and that the battery might only have been low because the mains feed was faulty and it wasn't charging properly.

The night ended on a happier note as after 30mins of hunting around in drawers and storage boxes I found an old laptop mains lead that fitted (this was after finding 2 that didn't!) and so I swapped it for the possibly faullty one and, fingers crossed, so far no error messages and no mains power failure. Maybe I have sorted it, maybe not - time will tell. We are due some very cold weather for the next few days with snow and frosty nights so that will be a good test as many of the "battery failing" were on cold days.
I hope your laptop will turn out OK!

Jase

Reaction score
This might seem trivial, but my boyfriend wanted to surprise me and ordered The Barbie Movie: Western Ken doll and Amazon didn't package it well and it was delivered destroyed. So, he's exchanging it for another. I think he was more disappointed than me when he just wanted to surprise me. 😥

Last edited:

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well on Friday eveneing st 6.40pm the power went out in my area! Within twn mins got text from electric company confirmign it and it is been worked on.

Power eventually came back on at 2.10am Saturday.

Must have been serious.

Then when on Saturday afternoon when I walked into town I spotted this

A generator truck right by the substation for the area. It must have gone pop! So the truck is powering the whole area!

Drove out this evening and went around the corner and half the road has been dug up. So guess must be all part of it!

Well on Friday I was exepcting it to be only a few mins outage, but no. and the UPS gave up after 50 mins :(

So was on laptop tethered to mobile for data, and of course I had not charged the laptop so only had around 25% charge.

So just gave up and went to bed early that night!

Its now Tuesday and the generator truck is still there powering the area

YOYO

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well on Friday eveneing st 6.40pm the power went out in my area! Within twn mins got text from electric company confirmign it and it is been worked on.

Must have been serious.

A generator truck right by the substation for the area. It must have gone pop! So the truck is powering the whole area!

Drove out this evening and went around the corner and half the road has been dug up. So guess must be all part of it!

Well on Friday I was exepcting it to be only a few mins outage, but no. and the UPS gave up after 50 mins :(

So was on laptop tethered to mobile for data, and of course I had not charged the laptop so only had around 25% charge.

YOYO
hi YOYO I can empathize with you! I hope soon everything will be ok with the electricity supply.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

Must have been serious.

YOYO
In my area in Sweden electric power breaks are hardly ever more than 30 minutes nowadays. The exeption is when it's a break pre-planned by the electric company, but in this case we get email info a few days before the break when it will happen and for how long the break will last. I'm quite happy about the way our electric company handles these situations.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score

Must have been serious.

YOYO
Sorry to hear that! I hope things get better soon!

I still remember our sleet apocalypse in February 2014, when I was "living" without power for one week....horrible!!