• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Let's Talk About Phones

anarren

Reaction score
I just got the Moto g5s Plus (US version) - it's nice, though the new GBoard is awful for multi-lingual (I type regularly in English, French, Spanish, and German) and the camera super slow. Takes pretty pictures, but forget about catching 'the moment' - the delay is almost a full half second.

That said, I'm still using my old Galaxy s5 as a backup/wifi phone. Still works, but is getting slow and cranky.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have a Nokia and the first thing I did with it was turn off Twitter and Facebook. I use it to make and receive phone calls and text messages.......

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I just got the Moto g5s Plus (US version)...

I saw that at Best Buy. They really cram a lot of value into that phone and somehow keep the price in budget territory. Is the slowness because it is focusing or is it processing the last picture? If it is slow to focus then there is nothing you can do about that. If it is processing, then maybe there are some camera features you can turn off so the CPU doesn't have to work so hard. It does have 4K video, though, which I think is a first for a phone less than $250.

motorola-moto-g5s-plus-525.jpg

I have a Nokia and the first thing I did with it was turn off Twitter and Facebook.

That is a smart move. If you stay logged in to the Facebook app you are essentially sending data about everything you do and where you go to Facebook. (You agree to do that when you install their app.)

Ditto on your computer browser. If you log in to Facebook on, say, Firefox and don't log out, then Facebook gets a record of every site you visit with Firefox. (That's why they can send you such targeted ads.)

Moral of story - never stay logged in to Facebook. Or use one browser exclusively to log in to Facebook, and then another browser for everything else.

Last edited:

suchat13

Reaction score
What phone do you use? : ASUS Zenfone2
What phone would you like to get? Are waiting for? Interested in? :Huawei Mate 10 plus
What are your most used apps? Let us know so we can use them too! : Facebook

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...What phone would you like to get? Are waiting for? Interested in? :Huawei Mate 10 plus

I didn't really know much about the new Huawei flagship, but you putting it on your wishlist sent me Googling around to learn more. Very impressive!

tonib

Reaction score
I currently have the iPhone 6 and I think I'll jump to the iPhone X. That think looks pretty sweet.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I didn't really know much about the new Huawei flagship, but you putting it on your wishlist sent me Googling around to learn more. Very impressive!

Many friends of mine have new huawei mobile phones, because of the dual Leica cameras, which are capable of taking really good pictures...and I have to admit that pictures look GREAT!

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I currently have the iPhone 6 and I think I'll jump to the iPhone X. That think looks pretty sweet.

I want to see an iPhone X "in the wild". I'm not going to buy one, so I guess I need to convince someone I know to get one to I can come over and play with it. My younger brother is susceptible to Apple marketing and has an iPhone 6 Plus - maybe I can lean on him to do an "upgrade". :)

FYI - iPhone X went on sale last night and sold out in ten minutes. Last I checked, they were expecting more to come in around mid-December. So, if you want something by Christmas, you probably need to order today or plan to camp out at an Apple store next week to get one of the few devices released to stores.

iPhone X availability slips into December
The Verge

iPhone X availability is constrained but not as bad as it could have been after months of rumors that stock would be severely limited. Apple stores in the US, UK, China, Japan and elsewhere show five to six weeks for delivery, while the Apple Store in Hong Kong simply says “no supply available.” If you want it faster, the only other option is to join a line at an Apple retail store or buy off eBay for a markup. Otherwise, the only people getting an iPhone X on November 3rd were shopping online at 3AM in their underpants.

Here is the experience of a tech warrior who braved the interwebs in the middle of the night to try and snatch the new iPhone by launch day. (Spoiler: didn't happen quite like that.)

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
iPhone X Review

Bwah-ha-ha! I got my hands on an iPhone 10 without paying for it! Yes, I convinced my little brother that he really needed / deserved a new phone so he could give his current iPhone 6+ to his daughter for college.

But that's not important. What's important is finding out if the iPhone 10 is PR hype or dream phone. And just to get this out of the way up front, as much as it pains me to say it, it is pretty much as dreamy as phones can get in 2017.

The screen is dazzling. The phone feels great in the hand and gives you a lot of screen without making it feel like you are holding a small tablet up to your ear. The camera is pretty much state-of-the-art for phone cameras in 2017. So, no, it is not hype. Apple has created their next generation phone.

However, if you are currently on Android, does this make any difference? Has Apple changed the game so much that you will have to toss your Samsungs, HTCs, and Motorola's in the trash and mortgage your house to get Apple's new uber device? No, I don't think so. 95% of this is pretty much also available on Google, Samsung, Sony and Huawei flagships.

What's Great?

The screen is lovely and makes the iPhone 8 look kind of dowdy.

Face ID works fine. (Not really a surprise for me, Microsoft phones have had that feature for a couple of years.)

The camera is the biggest step forward. Not only have they given a slight upgrade to the electronics over the iPhone 8, there is an optical zoom lens - a first for a smartphone camera as far as I know. That means that rather than crop a close up out of a shot that is farther away, the iPhone 10 camera can actually optically enlarge the image on the sensor so you don't lose any quality or introduce noise and softness. If that is something you need, then this is the only phone that can give it to you. For now.

It's not that big. Even me, the ultimate one-handed phone freak could get used to this phone if I needed the extra screen real estate. It's much closer in size to a taller version of the iPhone 6/7/8 than it is to the fatter plus sized big brother. Yet it has a larger screen than the Plus. Sort of. Maybe. In a way.

What's not that great?

The big lie - Apple tells you that the screen is 5.8" diagonal. But that is including the top portion of the screen with the cutout for the camera and sensor which is really unusable. GSM Arena has a really good article explaining how the usable area gets cut down.

gsmarena_004.jpg

The bottom line is that for viewing a 16:9 standard aspect ratio movie, it is smaller on the X than the Plus. But on the other hand, for viewing apps and web pages you have a taller screen for more lines of information on the X than the Plus.

The absence of the Home button takes some getting used to. Maybe half a day, then it's not a problem. Unless you have to switch back and forth between the X and another iPhone - in which case it will drive you crazy.

It is, to paraphrase Blondie, a Phone of Glass. Look at it cross-ways and it will shatter. Don't even think of buying this without Apple Care insurance and a good protective case. (Which kind of defeats the purpose of having the Most Beautiful Phone in the World.)

Who's it for?

• If you have an iPhone and are on the annual upgrade program (essentially you are leasing your phone) then you can pay a few hundred and have the latest and greatest. Why not?
  • If your phone is your main camera and you need the flexibility of an optical zoom - this could be your next phone.
  • If you want to be hip, cool, or better than everyone else - this is your accessory.
  • If you are techno-forward and want to experience the future of the smartphone - this is it.

The rest of us will just have to make do with our phones that do 90% of what the iPhone 10 does, but cost less than half as much.

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I take umbrage to the disparaging remark about the 8Plus looking 'dowdy'. My partner and I just got the 8Plus when they came out back in September. They are not dowdy in the least. I've seen the X. Yes it's pretty cool. But my 8Plus holds it's own in the beauty department, lol.

Just kidding around. I'm not really offended. I can see your point but still my 8Plus is fantastic. We'll wait for the XII for our next phones.

trencherman

Reaction score
I suspect that the best and most economical telephone plan for anyone depends on the person's telephone usage. I am not a telephone-using person having come of age when we wrote letters for long-distance communication. Having lived long enough to this day and age though compels me to own and maintain a telephone for emergencies and important in-calls so I bought a PetroCan Mobile phone for Can$50 (a basic Huawei) with Can$0.15 per minute parcelled at Can$20 useable over 120 days of service. Unused call-time reserve accumulates when topped before expiry.

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...I am not a telephone-using person having come of age when we wrote letters for long-distance communication...

Well, I have heard from people who don't need smartphones, apps, and data. But you are the first person I have talked to that claims to be pre-telephone call, going all the way back to letter writing days. You are conjuring images of Jane Austen scribbling off a sharply worded missive by candlelight and passing it off to the royal post.

So, no Grindr for you, I am thinking. ;)

trencherman

Reaction score
You are conjuring images of Jane Austen scribbling off a sharply worded missive by candlelight and passing it off to the royal post.

So, no Grindr for you, I am thinking. ;)

Not that way back. Just back to the days when handwriting with fountain pen
was a school subject. The equivalent, I guess, of today's keyboarding.