• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

I might have HIV

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I took an at-home oral swab test last night and it came up positive so I went to a clinic today and they pricked my finger and used a small drop of blood for their test which also came up positive. After that they drew a bit of blood from me to send to a lab for confirmation. Results of that are expected to come in by Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm worried.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I took an at-home oral swab test last night and it came up positive so I went to a clinic today and they pricked my finger and used a small drop of blood for their test which also came up positive. After that they drew a bit of blood from me to send to a lab for confirmation. Results of that are expected to come in by Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm worried.

*hugs*

It's gonna be a long few days till you get your results.

Either way, better to know, then you can get on with things and not be in limbo.

B.

mxccdd

Reaction score
Dont worry. The meds they have now being HIV+ is like being diabetic
Take your meds, exercise limit alcohol intake and live a long life.

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't know how accurate those home tests are ( I didn't even know that they exist) and the finger tip testm well I don't know. With unknowing the hardest thing is when you don't really know how to react, except by worrying.

No matter the result, being HIV positive won't define who you are. You are not HIV positive person, but you are person who has HIV. And there are meds, so it's not fatal anymore, and the stigma isn't that bad either. There is lots of support available, and if you do get diagnosed as positive, seek into support groups etc. There's nothing more terapeutic than sharing experiences with someone who understand, and they are brolly the ones whose advices won't spark up the "what the hell does he know" reaction. No matter the results, you will still be you and your life will be your life. I wish all the best for you!

watcher555

Reaction score
Was there a special reason you did the test or just general responsibility (all sexually active people should excerise)?

first of all the best to you. i have a friend who was diagnosed in 2005. he currently takes 1 pill a day and his outlook and otherwise health is very good. he has checkups every 6 months and his tests always come out on the good side. just think positive and follow medical instructions and you will be fine. i know its scary but the outcomes of having the virus is not anywheres as bad as it was many years ago. again good luck to you and wishing you the best. keep us updated. :)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I don't know if you spoke to somebody in the clinic.

The weekend is coming. I would call some service/hotline from an Health service and speak to a real person. They will give the accurate information you need. It will make your weekend better.

All the best.

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I actually took the test on a whim. I took a survey and as part of it, they mailed me an at-home test and asked I take a photo of it to send to them. I honestly was expecting a negative result.

The lady from the clinic I went to has been pretty helpful. I'll text her tomorrow to see if, by chance, my results are in from the bloodwork. She had told me most likely, the results will be in Monday or Tuesday though.

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I just got the results of my blood work today and it confirmed what the prior tests had said.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wow - How are you feeling? At least things aren't up in the air anymore and you can move forward with a plan. Do you have a doctor working with you? Have you told any friends? A couple close friends really help in processing something like this.

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
My partner knows. At the moment, he and the lady at the clinic are the only ones away from my keyboard who know. I've talked to a few different people online. It's easier for me to talk to strangers or people on the internet than people I have in my life regularly.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
... It's easier for me to talk to strangers or people on the internet than people I have in my life regularly.

Sure - and that's what we're here for and we will continue to be here for you however we can help.

Good to know you have your partner by your side. How is he doing? Has he been tested?

Keep posting. I'm sure there are others reading that have been or will be in your position. Good to know we are not alone.

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
He's been stoic about it. Since the at-home test I took he's been trying his hardest to keep me comfortable. When he initially saw I was talking to the internet more about it than him he seemed a little hurt but I just don't feel comfortable talking in person yet but I still feel a need to talk. He tested negative and I will be encouraging him to get tested regularly. I'm more worried about sharing the virus with him than I am worried about myself.

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how you must be feeling but take comfort that, as has been said earlier recent advancements in medical research means that a positive diagnosis today has a lesser impact than it used to... though no less worrying. Although we are all here for you don't cut your partner out of the conversation, we can only give you a digital cuddle :hug: , he can go one better than that.

What have the clinic staff said regarding medication etc? Find out all you can - knowledge is power

Last edited:

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Well I'm supposed to see someone this week who can help me to set up treatment. The lady I've been dealing with so far mainly provides counseling and testing. I have, however, from the day I took the original, at home test, I've been scouring the internet for information. As far as I can tell about the pills, aside from being expensive, I have to be able to maintain treatment. If for whatever reason, I stray from taking them, the virus could develop a resistance and they'll have to change my regimen.

I'm slowly opening up IRL. My family and I are still in grief over a loss in late January and I'm still making heads and tails of my own life in general and figuring out just what to say and to who.

Also thanks for the support. Furthermore, seriously folks, regular testing is important. As I stated earlier, I just, on a whim, took an at home test because it was mailed to me free and before then, had no plans to go get tested. I've had various common symptoms for awhile but always attributed them to something else. My last test had been in 2008. We're all susceptible to this affliction and having it without knowing is pretty dangerous.

Last edited:

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's a process. It takes time to accept things personally first, then opening up them to the ones close to you. I'm sure your friends will accept this like they accept you, and they will stay your friends, and friends tend to be huge help in every situation in life, who add a lot to lifes meaning, as does ones partner. Relationships are always huge help mentally, even if one doesn't always realize it instantly:big hug:

And once you accepted the situation, maybe you can seek into some help group? Sharing with people who have similiar experiences has always been very effective and helpfull in almost any situations. Wish I could help more, but we will listen, care and try to help! Wish you all the best:heart:

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
Gosh yer I cant imagine how much of a shock it was the result if you were expecting a negative result.

So this questionnaire you did that resulted in them sending you a free test. I guess there was some risky sex acts that you did for them to send out a testing kit.

I remember seeing in another post that you are married to your Dude :). So how long have you been together. And I guess you two ALWAYS play safe if he has taken a test as well and it came back negative.

So have you been racking your brain to try and figure out how you managed to get HIV?

Are you in an "open" relationship ? Which may have been a way you got it. Unless you are one of these people where it just takes a long time to get any symptoms as you said the last time you did a test was back in 2008 I think.

The blood results you got back. Does it give any indication how long you have had HIV?

YES I totally agree it is always easier to speak to people here than people close to you.. You other half may feel a but upset that you are upset that you are speaking to us more than him. Buy hay we are all one FAMILY here at Gay Heaven as you know. And the vast amount of experience all the guys here have I guess will be so much more helpful :)

I wish you all the best for the future, and keep us updated on the next stages. But only if you want to.

YOYO

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Not open though I did have unprotected sex after a night of drinking with someone outside the relationship. Hoepfully next week I'll be able to have an idea of how long I've had this virus. If they say it's recent, it came from him. If it's not recent, then really, I have to no clue where it came from which probably should bother me more than it does.

Since finding out, my partner and I have used protection. I'm usually the bottom which I'm told lowers the risk a little but he can still get infected if protection is not used.

I met with a care coordinator this past Monday (day before yesterday), go back this Friday (day after tomorrow). On one hand, it feels like things are moving fast but on the other hand, in regards to my status, I would have expected to know more than just "I have HIV" by now.

So far, I still haven't told my mom or sister and don't plan to for a little bit longer. I'm not scared for them to find out but rather, I just think they already have enough on their plates at the moment and don't want to add something else to worry about.

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Well, I got some test results back this week. As of last month, CD4 is at 560 and viral load at 47,500. From what I can tell, the virus hasn't been in me long enough to wreak serious havoc on me yet. Was referred to another place for treatment that accepts my insurance and they drew some more blood from me. I have an appointment to go back there in early April. I'm guessing I might start treatment then.

It seems like paperwork and waiting have been the main elements in this story, On the plus side, the place I was going is still helping me out with stuff like sending an uber driver to my house on days I can't get somewhere I need to go in regards to my new situation.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Encouraging that it sounds like it is an early intervention - which should result in a more positive prognosis?