• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest

warp9

Super Vip
Reaction score
He shouldn't have taken part in the contest if he was gonna hand/reject his victory. He took the spot of another artist(s) who were interested in winning!

It's not that easy, 'cause what you're saying implies that he planned from the outset to get out. However, I rather think that he was simply overpowered a little bit and has underestimated the glamor. But like Joe Cocker he can start nothing with glamor and felt maybe a little bit displaced.

Last edited:

klimt

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I don't think she'll get a 0. Who I think has possibilities to get a big fat zero this year is the UK.

No no no ! it's a very uptempo electro-swing song.... it reminds me the music that was in Baz Lurhmann' Gatsby The Great.... I'm sure this one will be in the top 10 !

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's not that easy, 'cause what you're saying implies that he planned from the outset to get out. However, I rather think that he was simply overpowered a little bit and has underestimated the glamor. But like Joe Cocker he can start nothing with glamor and felt maybe a little bit displaced.

I'm sure he thought that he would not win, but if you take part in a contest there's always a possibility to win. If he was unsure about this he should have said no, I don't want to participate. Also, if you consider that he won by 80% of the public vote, the song that in the end will represent Germany is not a public choice by any means.

I understand your position but I sure would be angry if I had voted for him, wasting my money, and then see that he rejected to represent me as a country in this contest.

I love our this years candidate:heart: And I've always thought disabled people are normal, but this really shows that it truly is like that. To be punk, you gotta have opinnions, balls, attitude, broblems etc. Many though are angry, because we "let" disabled people represent our country. WTF? X( That makes me wanna support them even more!:thumbs up:

LYRICS ENGLISH TRANSLATION:
I always have to clean
I always have to do the dishes
I always have to work
I always have to go to the doctor
I am not allowed to go to the computer
I am not allowed to watch television
I am not allowed to see my friends
I always have to be at home
I always have to do chores
I always have to eat well
I always have to drink well
I can't eat candy, drink soda,
I can't even drink alcohol
I always have to rest
I always have to sleep
I always have to wake up
I aways have to shower

The thing is that most people outside Finland won't know what the song is about, they don't speak Finnish.

I think this will either not qualify from the semi finals or will do very well like the Russian grannies in 2012.

Last edited:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
The thing is that most people outside Finland won't know what the song is about, they don't speak Finnish.

I think this will either not qualify from the semi finals or will do very well like the Russian grannies in 2012.

Many countries have and have had songs with their own languages...

Besides these guys are giving an excellent example that disability is just part of their life and they are still the same like everyone else. I have to say I admire them a lot, they have the courage to break the boundaries.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
BELGIUM: Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside

loicnottet.jpg

Yesterday, a press conference was held in Brussels to present 2015 representative, Loïc Nottet, to the world. It was also revealed that he will sing the song Rhythm Inside.As part of the promotional bonanza, Philippe Coppens from Loïc's record company, Sony Music Entertainment said, "our first objective was to choose a song that definitely does not sound like a typical Eurovision Song Contest song. The world of Loïc Nottet is very far from the contest". At the age of 17, Loïc Nottet took part in the Blind Auditions singing the hit song Diamonds by Rihanna. His knockout performance and unique voice instantly won over the coaches and the audience alike. As a finalist in the third season of The Voice Belgique, the young Courcelles native signed a contract with Sony Music Entertainment.

warp9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm sure he thought that he would not win, but if you take part in a contest there's always a possibility to win. If he was unsure about this he should have said no, I don't want to participate. Also, if you consider that he won by 80% of the public vote, the song that in the end will represent Germany is not a public choice by any means.

I understand your position but I sure would be angry if I had voted for him, wasting my money, and then see that he rejected to represent me as a country in this contest.

Well, I've voted for him (50 cent costs) and I'm a little sad (cause I think, he could win) but not angry. I do understand him.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Well, is it not sometimes an advantage if you don't understand?:D (I have not heard or seen the song in question).

Besides these guys are giving an excellent example that disability is just part of their life and they are still the same like everyone else. I have to say I admire them a lot, they have the courage to break the boundaries.

That is indeed an important message. And if there is a public debate - like Otage says - and it brings the topic to attention, they have won already. We can learn a lot from disabled people.

by Mari0

Since I don't have a TV I never heard of the guy before. He has won a kind of "pop idol with cheese" format. I don't know how that works if you win such a contest: how much can you really decide for yourself and how is being decided for you by the Universal company?

Maybe he needed some time to understand "that's nothing for me". That's an individual process. Like Warp9 I have respect for it.

Germany will make Place 19 or less anyway. Germany always sends some pseudo-sophisticated stuff.

My vote goes to Belgium. You can still mute down the sound and enjoy some nice sight and beautiful eyes.

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score

And the song is good. Ofc punk isn't so common in Eurovisions, but so what. It's peoples choice, and it's good to stirr the pot sometimes. And what is better for breaking boundries than punk:p

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
And the song is good. Ofc punk isn't so common in Eurovisions, but so what. It's peoples choice, and it's good to stirr the pot sometimes. And what is better for breaking boundries than punk:p

Metal isn't that common either and no matter how crappy the song truly was, Lordi did win :rofl:

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score

Metal isn't that common either and no matter how crappy the song truly was, Lordi did win :rofl:

True:p Best part about him winning was all the promises people made in disbelief that he could never win. For example one friend had to shave his head bold:rofl:

klimt

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The rules of the Eurovision Song Contest should impose that each country has a song written in his official language.... I'm fed up with the English Hegemony !!!!!

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
The rules of the Eurovision Song Contest should impose that each country has a song written in his official language.... I'm fed up with the English Hegemony !!!!!

Yeah I kinda agree. The song is supposed to represent the country. And it would be more interesting. Each language is like a different instrument, with special sound:heart: And subtitles have been invented, so..:thumbs up:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

Should impose!!!!!!!!!!!

No definitely not!!!!
I'm much more bothered by an ideological Hegemony much more dangerous and oppressive than the bedeviled "English Hegemony" - the hegemony all over the place we call Europe of Nationalism!

I'm absolutely against that any kind of national or international organization "demands" that some kind of national rules be imposed on any kind of artistic expression.

Nationalist art has always been the very worst kind of pretentious kitch, some kind of popular wagnerianism but without Wagners multifaceted talent as both a musician and a poet.

Demanding official languages would mean, that Sami competitor Jon Henrik Fjällgren would be smoked before he even tried in the Swedish national competition Melodifetivalen. He's doing a jojk which OF COURSE isn't in Swedish, it's in the Sami language.

Here's a YouTube clip from the competition Talent Sweden 2014 which Jon Henrik won, and he's jojking his best friend Daniel who passed away a few years ago. And no, he doesn't jojk about Daniel, he's jojking Daniel. Just as you - if you're Sami - can jojk your best raindeer or the mountain Storvätteshogna. Jon Henrik is a serious cutiepie and I wish him all the best!

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Nationalist art has always been the very worst kind of pretentious kitch, some kind of popular wagnerianism but without Wagners multifaceted talent as both a musician and a poet.

Well that's quite a big generalisation. Finland for example was basicly created by nationalistic art, and amongst those comes many of my favourite paintings. Poetry of that era sucked though.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
ISRAEL: Nadav Guedj - Golden Boy

nadav.jpg

After an exciting show, where four of Israel's most exciting new acts competed tooth and nail, Nadav Guedj was crowned winner of talent show Rising Star and thus will represent the country at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna in May. The lyrics of Golden Boy tells a simple yet emotional story about a broken hearted boy who decides that the best cure for his ache is to go out, celebrate life and invite people to enjoy it with him. Golden Boy was written by Israeli hit maker Doron Medalie. The entry fits the artistic capabilities of the young and charismatic Israeli participant. Medalie describes the style of the song as a "Middle Eastern Pop anthem" which fuses together contemporary Pop and R&B with the famous Middle Eastern ethnic beat.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
ARMENIA: Genealogy - Don't Deny

picturefro.jpg

Armenia has come up with a new and innovative idea for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest: The country will be represented by artists from all five continents! The idea is to unite a new generation of Armenians on stage whose families once spread all over the world in the year 1915. The project will be called Genealogy, and they will sing Don't Deny in Vienna. Yesterday the sixth and final member of the band Genealogy has been announced: It's Inga Arshakyan, who had already represented her country in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with her sister. Peace, unity and tolerance - that will be the key message of the Armenian entry in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
CZECH REPUBLIC: Marta Jandová & Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies

martavacla.jpg

This year, for the first time since 2009, the Czech Republic will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest. The announcement that the Czech Republic will be back in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest after five years of absence has created a lot of enthusiasm and joy among fans and professionals alike. And now we can say that these feelings are well-deserved, as the country will be represented by two truly outstanding artists. A duet is going to represent the Czech Republic in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest: Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Bárta will sing Hope Never Dies on stage in Vienna! The choice has been made by an expert jury following an internal selection procedure.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well that's quite a big generalisation. Finland for example was basicly created by nationalistic art, and amongst those comes many of my favourite paintings. Poetry of that era sucked though.

OK you're right. I shouldn't point at nationalist art and artists, my problem is with powerful organisations and states making definite demands, that some or all genres of art, poetry and music MUST BE "national", often meaning "written/spoken in the official national language".

Hrrrmmm...I guess I should do something in your art thread...

klimt

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

And..i like nationalistic art.... ! :)

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
OK you're right. I shouldn't point at nationalist art and artists, my problem is with powerful organisations and states making definite demands, that some or all genres of art, poetry and music MUST BE "national", often meaning "written/spoken in the official national language".

Hrrrmmm...I guess I should do something in your art thread...

But yeah I get your point. It would limit the freedom of choice, and that choice does the nations people by voting. But it would just be so interesting to hear songs by their countries language. I mean I like french music a lot, and one of the reasons is that I don't understand the lyrics, so bad lyrics can't spoil the pure art of singing. And french sounds wonderfull:heart: But I fear they won't change the rules just for me:worried: :p