• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Single vacation

tonib

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am single and looking for vacation ideas. I'd never vacationed solo before. I am in my mid 30s, in decent shape. I like going to warm places. Any thoughts on a vacation that won't break that bank, but will still be fun for a single guy?

pointguy36

Reaction score
Not sure where you located but my favorite vacation spot is Provincetown, MA in the summer - fun for couples, singles or groups. Tea Dance at the Boat Slip, drag shows, nude beach, lots of "fun" by the docks after bars close and you can get some of the BEST NY-style (thin crust) pizza... the name of the restaurant escapes me at the moment, but it is on the main street. In the summer the GLBT population soars so unless you are from NYC or San Francisco, you will LOVE being surrounded by PLUs (People Like Us)!

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
The great thing about a single vacation is that you can just pursue your own interest without having to compromise and spend time doing things you don't really want to do. Although it will make a lot of difference whether you are and extrovert or introvert. And keep in mind I am speaking from my experience as a American - I don't know where you are and what's close by.

Extroverts will be longing for some social connection. Check out gay travel sites for tours or cruises with other gays. Often they will be a mix of couples and singles and and give you a chance to do things with other people. I have had a lot of fun on gay cruises.

Of course if it's sex you are after and you like warm places you will find an abundance of both in Key West and Palm Springs. And it is the off-season for both (for the same reason - it is unbearably hot outside). Both places also cater to people who want less sex, but make new friends - it all depends on your choice of accommodation.

If you are an introvert, then you have the world at your feet. You don't need groups or tours or extra-friendly accommodations. You can explore anywhere that tickles your fancy and fits your pocketbook. Get back to nature and see some National Parks. If you are in the US, splurge on one of the famous luxury Park hotels for a night (at Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Glacier, or Crater Lake). Explore history - visit a city and book some history walking tours. Explore famous art museums. Expand your cultural horizons and see some theater, opera, or ballet. Do a road trip through blues and canjun music country in the southern US. The ideas are endless - tell us what you are interested in and we can come up with possibilities.

Lots to do - let us know what interests you and how much you want to be by yourself versus with other people. And where you are located.

Last edited:

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
I second the idea of the American National Parks. They are amazing places to visit.

You might try one of the great cities of the world. A week in Paris? The best metro in the world makes transiting around pretty easy. (A hotel near a metro stop is a little $$$). Or a less famous city would be cheaper. Nearest big town to you?

I would add Ogunquit, Maine to the list of gay friendly summer towns. I like it better than P town.

And then there's the gay cruise ships. I've never done one, but I understand they are quite the wild time. And you'll certain meet some "intimate" new friends.

A final thought. A package tour. I did a few bus tours in Europe with my cousins a decade ago. The knock on them is that they are "packaged", but if you only have a week? That's not a bad thing. Everything is set up for you. Main guide, local guides, special quick lines to the sites, meals, hotels. They're pretty affordable. And there were always singles traveling alone. Are there tours that are suitable to a young, gay guy? Don't know.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...I would add Ogunquit, Maine to the list of gay friendly summer towns. I like it better than P town...

I agree about Ogunqiut. Not as cruisey as Palm Springs or Key West, but much nicer summer destination. And while we're at it - all of Maine is. Drive up the coast and enjoy lobster rolls, shop at LL Bean, sight-see the rocky coastline or inland woods and lakes. And at the top of the state you have Arcadia National Park!

15944-ogunquit-maine-perkins-cove2.jpg

anarren

Reaction score
I love traveling alone! Some of my recent favorites: Mexico City (seriously, I want to move there!), Minneapolis, Montreal, and Reykjavik.

I usually go with only a vague plan, and just explore. AirBnB hosts can be great for this, as can - perhaps amazingly - Scruff and even Grindr. Not even just for sex, but for cool locals. I've made some really good friends (people that I am still in touch with years later) from those in places like the above, but also Colombia, France, etc.

My advice: pick your dates and your budget, and use the "feeling lucky" button on google flights ;-)

snapcat

Super Vip
Reaction score
Las Vegas is my favorite place for a solo trip. There are rooms for every budget, and virtually anything and any show is a short walk.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Las Vegas is my favorite place for a solo trip. There are rooms for every budget, and virtually anything and any show is a short walk.

A little bit too far away for me! :cheers::p