• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Two transgender women stoned in street by migrants in Germany

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't think the German press are against the migrants at all. I think both the German press & the German people have shown great kindness towards the incoming migrants.

I would expect the press to cover any surge in crime. Wouldn't you?

Anyway we could argue til the cows come home... so let's allow some space to give others a say too.:)

As brmstn69 pointed out, the headline used implies the press are trying to stoke hatered. Presumably because hate is a strong emotion that will make people buy more papers.

I'm sure there has been some balanced coverage, but, there has also been a LOT of sensationalistic OTT stuff designed to stirr anger and perhaps even hate.

I agree that MOST Germans have shows great kindess - I don't beleive I have ever disputed that. What I have done is called out the unkindlesses that are also present.

B.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
If you read boulevard you will get boulevard and boulevard headlines.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
If you read boulevard you will get boulevard and boulevard headlines.

A very prudent but principally very sagely assessment - thank you for this!
But please one question - what means "Boulevard" for you? Do you think "Boulevard" is only something for the dumb underclass and must be forbidden in your moral concept? And if yes: why and from which reasons? And most of all: why aren't they forbidden by now?

Couldn't be the reason perhaps the little term "Democracy"? And the other little term "Freedom of Press"? I don't know - please tell me!

And the last question to you: which papers you would accept as the only true ones? Please help me - I'm eager for the "real" truth. And you seem to be the one, who may help me and/or all of us. Once more thank you for your help.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
And most of all: why aren't they forbidden by now?

Couldn't be the reason perhaps the little term "Democracy"? And the other little term "Freedom of Press"? I don't know - please tell me!

Don't confuse freedom if the press with freedom from criticism!

No one here in this thread has suggested the press be sensored - we have simply CRITICISED the actions of SOME of the media.

Freedoms have two sides, and thet are both just as important as each other.

B.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Don't confuse freedom if the press with freedom from criticism!

No one here in this thread has suggested the press be sensored - we have simply CRITICISED the actions of SOME of the media.

Freedoms have two sides, and thet are both just as important as each other.

B.

GB in a special way right. But that was the attempt of an answer for my first question.

Will you give me too the answer to my second question?

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Will you give me too the answer to my second question?

which papers you would accept as the only true ones?

NONE!

ALL papers have their points of view and or predjudices, so all news has a bias. Heck, all news is written and produced and presented by humans, so it is all imperfect.

The key to getting a nuanced understanding of the world is two-fold:
1) understand the points of view a source is coming from, and the predjudices the organisation holds (if any)
2) get your news from MANY of sources, bearing in mind the points of view and predjudiceses as you read/watch/listen

B.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
NONE!

ALL papers have their points of view and or predjudices, so all news has a bias. Heck, all news is written and produced and presented by humans, so it is all imperfect.

The key to getting a nuanced understanding of the world is two-fold:
1) understand the points of view a source is coming from, and the predjudices the organisation holds (if any)
2) get your news from MANY of sources, bearing in mind the points of view and predjudiceses as you read/watch/listen

B.

Good answer GB! And let me tell you that this is the first answer I've got to all of my questions (which mostly I know, are a little bit abrasive and challenging) which is deeply honest, true and - thank you - without any ideological ramblings! This is how I think a debate or a discussion has to go.

For the first time GB - Thank you from deep of the bottom of my heart. :big hug: