• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Inspiring Story from Scotland

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Here is the text for anyone having trouble with the link;

A man who shared a defiant selfie following a homophobic attack, said he "nearly fainted" after Nicola Sturgeon praised him during her Pride speech.

Blair Wilson posted a photograph of him smiling, with a black eye and blood running down his face, after the assault in Neilston, East Renfrewshire.
He was attacked after confronting people who shouted abuse at him as he walked home.
The first minister said Blair showed values that should define the country.
The 21-year-old told the BBC's Good Morning Scotland radio programme: "I had about 5,000 mails on Facebook from everyone I know saying 'oh my goodness, I'm at pride and Nicola Sturgeon is speaking about you'.
"I nearly fainted. I could not believe it.
"My mum and dad and family had went on holiday a few days before. Obviously my mum had seen the video of Nicola Sturgeon on Facebook and she phoned me crying saying how proud she was of me. She couldn't believe the first minister was speaking about me."
Blair spoke to BBC The Social about the attack.
He said he was walking home from his mum's house when he heard the abuse shouted at him.
"I was going to walk away but I had a moment where I was like 'I shouldn't be letting this happen in the place where I've lived for 21 years of my life'," he said.
"So I walked over to the people who shouted and I just asked 'Why?'. I wasn't physical or anything, I was just curious as to why they felt the need to shout that at someone who was minding their own business."
He began to walk away but then the assailant followed him and kicked him in the chest and punched him in the nose.
The first minister, who led thousands of people at Glasgow's Pride event, praised the 21-year-old's bravery.
She said: "Instead of cowering away, he spoke up and let me tell you this, the principles and values demonstrated by that young man of dignity, courage and compassion are the values that should define our country.
"So Blair, we all stand with you."
Blair told BBC Scotland he now hopes that the support from the first minister and the reaction to his selfie will help to change people's views.
He said: "Since seeing my selfie, as trivial as it sounds, it can trigger an emotional connection with someone and I think that's when people really start to care about an issue.
"Nicola Sturgeon speaking about it at Pride as well really struck close to people who maybe wouldn't have necessarily thought about that being as big a deal right now."
He added: "Seeing the comments and support from everyone is the best painkiller.
"I really hope people will look at the selfie and think, I know a wee boy like that, or I know a wee girl who is gay as well, or I know a little trans youth who is getting abuse from people in the street and I've not necessarily done anything to stop it."

Good news story, CJ I'm glad you posted it.