• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Madness In Russia... Please Take A Stand Now!

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
What happened with the ancient games in Greece? Sometimes city- states would be at war. They would halt the war and have the games!

If we can't act in the same spirit, why does the IOC award Russia the games? The West boycotted the last Russian games. (It had no effect in Afghanistan). Now Russia has a another games, and we boycott again? That will move Russia toward a more open, tolerant society? Of course not.

Going to the games gets us in. I have real faith in the athletes. Some won't support gay rights. Some will be annoyed that an issue has distracted from their moment in the winter sun. But many of them are thoughtful, intense people. This is their moment. Many of them will use that moment to do the right thing (and make themselves famous). Let's give them that chance.

As a counter-example, I offer the end of Apartheid, which was helped along by a wide-spread boycott of South African exports. Irish supermarkets took a very strong stance on this, and Ireland played it's part in pressuring South Africa to change, and, with enough pressure from enough countries, IT DID!

I think the gays in Russia deserve the same, and I am playing my small part by not letting any more of my money than I can avoid go to Russia.

B.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Going to the games gets us in. I have real faith in the athletes. Some won't support gay rights. Some will be annoyed that an issue has distracted from their moment in the winter sun. But many of them are thoughtful, intense people. This is their moment. Many of them will use that moment to do the right thing (and make themselves famous). Let's give them that chance.

But don't expect the russian media to report about that.

Tjerk12

Super Vip
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is fair to ask athletes to play a significant role in protesting. First of all they need full concentration to do their sportive thing and . . . examples from history are not encouraging. Go back to the Olympic Games of 1968 in Mexico. American Athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos brought a Black Power Salute after winning a Gold and Bronze medal. A loud boos went through the stadium. The white world was shocked. The IOC was furious. Sports and Politics do not match was their statement.

Oege

Reaction score
Ihno said:
4 Foreigners from the Netherlands have been arrested already. They were Sociologists who joined a seminar about the persecution of gays.

True big news in the papers here, but unfortunatly Netherlands politicians are as soft as melted cheese so no action was made against Putin...

(I am from the Netherlands so please not scream at me that I have no knowledge of NL politics :p ))

Oege

Reaction score
Sorry if I cross a line here but I thought this pic to be funny :)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I guess most people won't complain here. ;)

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Isinbayeva condemns homosexuality at worlds

Pole vault great Yelena Isinbayeva condemned homosexuality Thursday after criticizing fellow competitors who painted their fingernails in rainbow colors to support gays and lesbians in the face of a new anti-gay law in Russia.

MORE

"If we allow to promote and do all this stuff on the street, we are very afraid about our nation because we consider ourselves like normal, standard people," Isinbayeva, a two-time Olympic champion, said in English. :eek:

I feel sorry for her...she is completely brainwashed :worried:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
... "we are very afraid about our nation" ...

Yes, that's what it's all about. To create a "russian identity" in opposite to the "West", which is best characterized as "decadent", so nobody would get the idea of demanding freedom of speech or something like that...

S

Stoic

So what happens if like the opposing team in the Olympics sneaks in a rainbow flag in your room and accuse you of promoting homosexuality?

This is just a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

Why can't the IOC just move the venue to a much safer place for all the athletes?

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...Why can't the IOC just move the venue to a much safer place for all the athletes?

Because it takes about five years to build the venues and transportation improvements to put on an Olympics. And raise the money.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Is There an Iron Curtain Coming for Performers?

Visas have been challenged for Madonna and Lady Gaga after they spoke out for LGBT rights during concerts. A Russian concert promoter who has brought the likes of Lady Gaga and Madonna to his country is asking Vladimir Putin for a compromise that lets big acts continue performing.

64318217692173411189.jpg

LINK

Elton John is still set to play a couple of concerts in Russia in early December... We'll see what happens then. :thinking:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Because it takes about five years to build the venues and transportation improvements to put on an Olympics. And raise the money.

Which is why people are suggesting places that have hosted it before - they have the infrastructure ready to go.

B.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wentworth Miller, a second rank but very good American actor, came out today. He sent a letter to a St Petersburg film festival declining their invitation as a guest of honor.
His big show was "Prison Break". Good show, hot guy.

You go, Wentworth!!!

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wentworth Miller, a second rank but very good American actor, came out today. He sent a letter to a St Petersburg film festival declining their invitation as a guest of honor.
His big show was "Prison Break". Good show, hot guy.

You go, Wentworth!!!

Excellent - credit to him for taking a stand!

He really is a cutie too :)

B.

Oege

Reaction score
Russian President Vladimir Putin has banned all meetings, protests and demonstrations during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

Read more: http://anonym.to/?http://americablog.com/2013/08/putin...-olympics.html

There go the promisses of Vitaly Mutko (mnister of sports) and mr. Rogge (Olympic comitee)... What more clues do people need to see what is happening???

[B]EXTERNAL LINKS MUST BE ANONYMIZED !!![/B]

Last edited by a moderator:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Mr.Rogge, lol, can promise anything he wants.

Mr. Putin is very tolerant, a Court from Moscow has fordbidden all gay demonstration for "a hundred years" (98 still to go or so). What is a ban for that few weeks in comparison. ;)