• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Kevin Spacey Hits on young Anthony Rapp

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Interesting development over the weekend. FYI - for those unfamiliar with Rapp, he is a former child actor and currently on the new CBS Star Trek Discovery series as part of gay couple on the franchise. He is most well known for his Broadway work, including being one of the stars of the musical Rent.

Anthony Rapp says Kevin Spacey made sexual advance toward him when he was 14
Fox News

Rapp told Buzzfeed News that in 1986, Spacey, a fellow Broadway actor at the time, invited Rapp to his apartment for a party. Later in the evening, Spacey, then 26, allegedly “picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance,” according to the report.

“He was trying to seduce me,” Rapp recalled. “I don’t know if I would have used that language. But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.”

Rapp recalled he pushed Spacey off of him, went to a bathroom and closed the door, thinking: “What is happening?” He told Spacey he had to go home, to which he allegedly asked if he was “sure” he wanted to do that.

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
What's "interesting" about that?

mxccdd

Reaction score
I live in the Fairfax district the same part of L.A. as Spacey.
He is always seen with a young 20 something yr old kid.
Now it makes sense. Yuck!!

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Kevin Spacey responds.

Also interesting to note that Rapp shared this same story with The Advocate in 2001, without naming Spacey.

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Another shoe drops.

House-of-Cards-525.jpg

Hundreds of people that created the Netflix hit series House of Cards are now out of a job.

Netflix Cancels ‘House Of Cards’, Says It’s “Deeply Troubled” Over Kevin Spacey Claims
Deadline

As allegations of unwanted sexual advances in 1986 by Kevin Spacey against then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp have emerged, Netflix today decided to pull the plug on the Spacey-starring House of Cards after the upcoming sixth season next year...

AnthonyRappColage.jpg

Anthony Rapp in Adventures in Babysitting (left) a year after encountering Kevin Spacey while they were both in Broadway shows. In Rent (center), and in Star Trek Discovery (right) - a new CBS streaming series that just started this fall.

Last edited:

prickles

Reaction score
Kevin Spacey responds.

Also interesting to note that Rapp shared this same story with The Advocate in 2001, without naming Spacey.

The statement isn't going down well with me. Nor others.

www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/oct/30/kevin-spacey-criticised-over-link-between-abuse-and-homosexuality

Posted the wrong article. This was the first one I read.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/30/kevin-spacey-vicious-lie-gay-men-accusation-attempted-sexual-assault

Last edited:

ritsuka

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Coupling this non-apology (filled with 'if's and 'would's and cheap excuses) with his own coming out as if being gay (and 'choosing' to be gay at that) explains his attempted assault of a vulnerable 14 year old child is really sickening. If he victimized others, I hope they go public too. Anthony Rapp is very brave for coming into his career as an openly gay actor from the beginning and for telling this story.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
More fallout:

Kevin Spacey: Special Emmy award withdrawn after assault allegations - BBC News

Re: The Apology

Let's break this down. Mr. Spacey's response is in two parts: the apology and then coming out as gay.

Let's pretend that Anthony Rapp was, say, 19 years old when he encountered Spacey. While the apology is still rather weak, still I would give Spacey credit for apologizing. In addition it's fair to point out that Kevin Spacey is not Harvey Weinstein. He is not trying to trade sex for professional advancement (or threatening professional harm). Also, there was no forcing sex - Rapp refused and Spacey stopped.

However, Rapp was not 19; he was 14. And Spacey doesn't address that at all. And by not mentioning that fact, it makes the statement sound like this was nothing more than a drunken unwanted sexual advance between consenting adults.

There have been cases in the past of 14 year-old teenagers passing themselves off as 16 to assure their older partners that they were legal. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE CASES. Go find clips of Rapp in Adventures in Babysitting which he filmed when he was 15. Even a year after meeting Spacey, Rapp still looks 12. He was a child actor - the fact that he looked younger than his age helped keep him employed. I don't know if Spacey knew Rapp's actual age - but he took what looked like an 11 or 12 year old child to bed.

Granted, it is hard to craft a PR statement to adequately cover that situation. It would be admitting to a felony, if it were still possible to prosecute (which it isn't). But by skipping over that "minor" fact, it pretty much erases any positive effect of his apology.

Finally, Spacey coming out is irrelevant to the whole issue. By putting that in the same message it looks like he is trying to use praise for his coming out to offset the negatives of taking a child to his bed.

Sexual predators hone in on sexually confused boys because they know they are likely to keep silent. First, because they may think that they may blame themselves for wanting the encounter. Second, because they are too ashamed of the homosexual situation to tell their parents. For Spacey, that bet paid off with Rapp for nearly 30 years. But he lost that bet this week.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Finally, Spacey coming out is irrelevant to the whole issue. By putting that in the same message it looks like he is trying to use praise for his coming out to offset the negatives of taking a child to his bed.

You are absolutely right.

The big issue is the fact this younger actor was fourteen years old and Spacey was a grown ass man of twenty sevenish! Drunk is ZERO excuse!

It's not just Rapp. There have been allegations following Spacey for decades now - Rapp is just the first actor to come forward publicly. I still remember in 2004 when Mr. Spacey was “mugged” by a “youth” while cruising (walking his dog) at 4.30 am in a London Park...

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
But at that time of day it was probably not a juvenile but an adult I guess. Many gay people go crusing, George Michael did it too. Cruisung isn't also illegal in most countries any more. And sometimes people get rubbed. A friend of mine was killed during cruising in another country in the early 90s. Still, for me as a gay man cruising is nothing dirty or shady or something that suggests criminal behaviour.

In the end it's more boulevard about Spacey. Weinstein and Cosby had positions of power, which makes their cases socially relevant. And I think that public discourse should not lose focus. But now the family history of the Spaceys is no 1 topic.

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Still, for me as a gay man cruising is nothing dirty or shady or something that suggests criminal behaviour.

It's nothing bad for me either.

I just wanted to point out that he lied to police about getting "brutally mugged"...why!? :thinking: I don't have a problem with him being gay, who likes go out with his dog on a Saturday night. Honestly, don't give a shit. My problem is with the sexual assault.

rwtbub.jpg

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
It's nothing bad for me either.

I know that of course. :)

I just wanted to point out that he lied to police about getting "brutally mugged"...why!? :thinking:

I guess he feared he might not find work any more if people knew he was gay.

But let me tell you my problem with this story.

I really would need to know more than what goes around the internet. Don't forget that he let him go. The description is in post 1. Rapp slipped out, went to the bathroom and went home. I am one year younger than Rapp and I was out early.

When I was under 18 older people of 18+ tried to hit on me too and some of them older than 27. I even got stalked by someone for a while.

I certainly didn't appreciate that but I don't consider any of them criminals and if I still had a problem with that today - after 30 years - I would go to them at frist before adressing social media.

I just googled it: In the USA many states allow marriages of people under 18, if the courts and the parents agree. Some of them are just 10. 200.000 persons were given into marriage this way over the last 15 years. People who want to do something against sexual violence should take a look at that perhaps.

If it was last week and there was violence involved, the thing would be different but it was 30 years ago and more less nothing special. Or - like I said - if Spacey had been a person of power at the time but he was just a 20 something starting new aupporting actor.

In Germany it wouldn't even be a crime today.

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I read Rapp’s version of the incident. In it he says he didn’t know anyone at the party and was bored. He said he “ended up” in Spacey’s bedroom sitting on the foot of his bed. He said Spacey appeared at the doorway after all the guests had left. He described Spacey’s behavior in a way that sounded like Spacey was pretty drunk. He never said Spacey grabbed his dick or ass. He said Spacey “fell on top of him”. This sounds drunk. He said Spacey allowed him to leave and did not force anything.

It sounds like a drunken foolish mistake. Nothing like Harvey.

Spacey made an apology and should’ve stopped there. But, in a very human way of defending his mistake, tried to nullify his wrong doing by coming out. I don’t think anyone had any doubt he was Gay do his coming out was unnecessary.

I still think he’s a great actor and should not be crucified for a non-criminal drunken act of stupidity.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Please let me try to be the devil's advocate in this "case". The whole thing happened 30 years ago. Mr. Rapp was at this time 14 years old and Mr. Spacey 28. It is surely not legal to take a 14 year old boy for a sexual adventure. But did he really know how old Mr. Rapp was at this time? And what happened? Mr. Spacey tried something but wasn't successfull. Mr. Rapp said "NO" - Mr. Spacey retreated. That what Mr. Spacey wanted wasn't correct and indictable - but it hasn't happened anything!!!

30 years Mr. Rapp was quiet - no word - no accusation - no attempt to speak with Mr. Spacey. And now suddenly 30 years later Mr. Rapp is remembering this scene and is accusing Mr. Spacey. All in the tow of the dirty Weinstein affaire.

As I could read is, that Mr. Rapp is a gay person itself. Why he is accusing Mr. Spacey after this long time? For a better push of his own career? Why??? It is my opinion that this will be a very dirty game to destroy a good actor for his own benefit and for his 50 seconds of fame in the papers and TV.

This spoken as "the devil's advocate".

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the entertainment industry should make sure the hundreds of people fired because of the cancellation of the show are hired on with other shows. I do not feel bad for anyone else in this except for the people who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I think the entertainment industry should make sure the hundreds of people fired because of the cancellation of the show are hired on with other shows. I do not feel bad for anyone else in this except for the people who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:
Really it is a shame!!! :angry:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Something else that seems odd about this is the notion that Rapp was an innocent little boy. He wasn't. He was 14. When I was 14 I was curious as hell about sex and couldn't wait to have some. It was what I fantasized about when I spanked my monkey. Rapp said he "wound up" in Kevin Spacey's bedroom, sitting on his bed. Huh? Why do you suppose he "wound up" there? He was a Gay 14 year old who would have been curious about if not anxious to hurry up and have (if he hadn't already had) sex and Kevin Spacey was a sexy older man who Rapp probably had a crush on. Rapp said he saw Kevin's picture with another man on his dresser and thought to himself "Oh, he's Gay"
(or did he think "Oh, he's Gay TOO!").

So Rapp was probably in there sniffing Kevin's scent on his clothes or sniffing his dirty laundry and snooping in his drawers and closet and probably found some other "unmentionables" like dildos or other goodies which were all things he conveniently left out of his statement about the event.

I'm not blaming this on Anthony. I'm saying I know what it was like to be a curious 14 year old in a sexy older guy's bedroom who I had a crush on. I was there, I did that, and I sniffed and snooped all over the place. It was my brother in law. He was the older guy I had a crush on. He was sexy and he let me see him in the shower with a huge boner and he just smiled at me. He was teasing me but I knew better than to act on it. I did sniff his things. I did fantasize about him. And if he had fallen on top of me I would have grabbed that big dick of his and starting sucking!

So Rapp's playing a "victim" right now but that 14 year old was snooping in a man's bedroom. Case closed.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin Spacey pics back in this time period.
25573041b1a285f81b786606d08ddccb1d23a8c2.jpg

2557304212b221a74e8dab5c4c1117225eb0f4f8.jpg

Not a defense of Spacey but this is more what he looked like back then. I would have been like W!nston and would have been in his bedroom also.

Last edited: