• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

University says no to campus Chick-fil-A due to anti-LGBTI record

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
A private university in New Jersey removed Chick-fil-A as an option for a new campus restaurant due to the company’s perceived anti-LGBTI record.
Rider University is located in central Jersey. During the spring semester, they polled students about which food establishment they’d like to see on campus.
While Chick-fil-A reportedly saw strong support in the poll, University officials decided to retroactively remove the chicken-based restaurant from the poll.
In a letter to the University community, administrators wrote they removed Chick-fil-A due to their ‘record widely perceived to be in opposition to the LGBTQ+ community’.
‘We sought to be thoughtful and fair in balancing the desire to provide satisfying options for a new on-campus restaurant while also being faithful to our values of inclusion,’ the letter continues.
University President Gregory G. Dell’Omo and Vice President of Student Affairs Leanna Fenneberg penned the letter.
‘They challenged us to reflect on our values and consider what kind of community we want to provide for those who live and learn at Rider University,’ the pair wrote of the choices they made.
‘Ultimately, we decided to lean in the direction of creating a welcoming environment where differences can be appreciated and where each individual can expect to experience dignity and respect.’
They also wrote that they understand their decision may seem like ‘exclusion’.
‘We fully acknowledge an organization’s right to hold these beliefs,’ they continued. ‘Just as we acknowledge the right for individuals in our community and elsewhere to also personally hold the same beliefs.’
They have also asked the University’s Center for Diversity and Inclusion to organize a campus forum on this issue.
Code:
https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/university-no-chick-fil-a/#gs.VPZGY2c
Bravo Rider University!

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
Well as long as the replacement restaurant wins out competitively over Chick-fil-a, i.e. better food and better prices. Hate to think that students are forced to consume inferior food at rip-off prices to justify some university big-wigs virtue signalling and vying for promotions in PC land. Sorry, but there are very few completely unselfish saints in this world.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
I stopped eating there many years ago, the owner is a evangelical who has spent millions to stop Gays from having rights.

They also donated money to keep Gay aversion therapy legal.

chgotop

Reaction score
The freedom of choice swings both ways.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I would have rather they left it on the list of possibilities and then let the students make the case themselves for what they wanted on campus. I am not a big fan of the "Father Knows Best" approach.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
chgotop

The freedom of choice swings both ways.

I agree and that is what happened here, Chick-fil-A can spend millions fighting Gay rights and donating to groups that torture Gay teens to convert and the private college can have a campus that is faithful to their values of inclusion.

gabumonD

Reaction score
I go into my local chick-fil-a with all my gay mates and we make sure our presence is known. The coworkers are usually friendly but the management is shit.

Rigor100

Reaction score
Didn't students also bully to get their way so that Germain Grier could not speak on campus?

Makes for pretty boring campuses. Isn;t the whole point to expose your midn to NEW ideas. And not try to live in a preconceived perfect world of harmony?

What are they so terrified of? An 79yo woman with a mic? Gosh!

And if chick-a-fil today, what next. Any owner of a company who is Jewish? Creepy!

Last edited:

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
The following news might have equaly gone in the what makes me happy today section.
The first branch of the junk chicken chain to open in Britain, in Reading, is set to close when it's short lease runs out. And it's not been open for much more than a week.
The local lgbt pride commitee has done a brilliant job at changing public opinion against the homophobic fast food joint.
Goodbye Chick-fil-A, don't come back.

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
Chick-fil-A pay their workers nearly 2x the national average (US).

Maybe we should stop using all the other fast food chains and ONLY use Chick-fil-a.

Also, a fun-fact for "outraged" GLBT advocates who protest outside chick-fil-a: gays earn more on average that straights. Why, I wonder.

Last edited:

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Homophobia is not a problem as long as a company pays decent wages. I didn't know that until now. Thanks for the information.

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
Homophobia is not a problem as long as a company pays decent wages. I didn't know that until now. Thanks for the information.

Paying indecent wages is not a problem as long as a company is pro LGBT. I didn't know that until now. Thanks for the information.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
You are too kind, no need to thank me, it was nothing.