• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

MaximumT

Super Vip
Reaction score
A very nice piece. :heart: If I remember correctly, it was also played during the closing ceremony at the Olympic games this year in London. :)

Elgar: Salut d'Amour

Ubandme

Reaction score
Two more unusual choices -- Bach's Bandenburg Concertos and Dvorak's Slavic Dances. Both are 'animated' works. Great to listen to on a down day.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

Schubert : Piano Sonata No 21 i B-flat Major D. 960.

At the piano Sviatoslav Richter.

@ihno

Glad you liked the piano trio in E-flat D. 929 so much! :)

S

Sinnerr

Antonio Vivaldi - Four Seasons

Another brilliant piece of Art!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Johann Sebastian Bachs Goldberg Variations is one of my true favourites in Bachs enormous oevre - and Glenn Gould one of the best interpreters ever. This is his 1981 recording.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
The combo JS Bach & Glenn Gould is marvellous in my view !!!

- Here´s the lovely Italian Concerto!

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
@ihno

Glad you liked the piano trio in E-flat D. 929 so much! :)

Well, as said, it reminds me of the "Winterreise", the fourth movement of the trio, 1st(?) variation is similar it too.

Here again:

The first song of the Winterreise (winter's journey) "Gute Nacht"

I pleasure myself in thinking that this not just because of a lack of imagination (like with Handel f.e.)... but he had something in mind.

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Ok, back from Brahms to Bach ;)

BWV 54 Widerstehe doch der Sünde

Yoshikazu Mera, counter-tenor
Bach Collegium Japan
Masaaki Suzuki, conductor

The text is especially beautiful

Stand steadfast against transgression,
Or its poison thee will seize.

Be thou not by Satan blinded,
For God's glory to dishonor
Brings a curse of fatal doom.

It looses in the translation but anyway: You hear it, guys!!! :p

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
@ ihno (post 51)

Well sure, there´s SOME similarity...

But more interesting in my view is the fact, that there´s a particular story behind the 2nd movement of the piano trio in E-flat major D. 929 (the movement I posted). I don´t know if you know it already, but here we go ! :

In 1827, a young singer from Sweden (well, I´m a Swede too, and that´s why I´m interested in this story) visited Schubert and his chums in Wien and performed a small swedish folk song while staying among the Schubert-gang. The young man´s name was Isak Berg and later on in life he became a legendary singing-teacher in Sweden.

The melody of the folk song was what Schubert a bit later on transformed into the theme of the E-flat major trio, 2nd movement.

There´s also another "swedish connection" to the Schubert-circuit, since it´s very charismatic leader Franz von Schober -(great similarity in names to our famous composer)- was born in Sweden´s southernmost province Skåne.

Film director Stanley Kubrick used the E-flat major trio, 2nd movement, in his movie Barry Lyndon (1975).

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
@ ihno (post 51)

Well sure, there´s SOME similarity...

YES, I said that. :D ;) Of course it's not 1:1 but if you don't know the piece and hear it for the first time you can't miss the connection. You can also guess that it's a little more than simple preference but has some meaning, which you told me now. No, I didn't know that story. Thanks. :)

I'm from Jirmeny.

Film director Stanley Kubrick used the E-flat major trio, 2nd movement, in his movie Barry Lyndon (1975).

Didn't become as popular as the pieces he used in a certain other film... ;)

For the Vivaldi-Winter lovers

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Georg Philipp Telemann: Recorder Concerto in C major.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Ok, maybe some are interested, I want to present the four symphonies of Robert Schumann over the next days. :)

Sometimes there are composers who are able to put the essence of an era into music and Robert Schumann, although underestimated, is one of those.

With his four symphonies he created fantastic pieces which not just are pure romanticism but also offer a glimpse into his soul, far more than music of other contemporary composers. The four symphonies were written between 1840 and 1850, which was an era of Revolution in many parts of Europe.

Schumann, a talented piano player, at some point broke his finger, so he had to find other ways of living. He became a composer and also a very important editor for the "Neue Zeitschrift für Musik" (New Paper of Music). In this function he played not just a small role for the Post-Beethoven-Era in european music. Schumann was also married to Mrs. 100 DM-Banknote Clara Schumann, a famous pianist and friend to the upcoming Johannes Brahms.

He had the syphilis, which made him mentally ill. After an sucidial attempt he spent his live in a sanatorium where he died in 1856, aged 45 or 46.

Schumann's symphonical work still is underestimated (we have to say thanks to Mahler for that) so for a long time there was not a single(!) recording of some ot them youtube.

That has changed.

Now there have come up some nice recordings over the last two years, which I'd like to present to those, who are interested. :)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
As I said... underestimated... ;) :D

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I don't listen to Wagner either. But I like older music too. ;)