• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Recipes To Share

golfdelta21

Reaction score
The potato rosti is excellent, the version that I have had has one additional step to it. After flipping the potatoes over they put grated swiss cheese on top, by the time the bottom is browned the cheese has melted into the potatoes.

There are countless variations to the rosti recipe. The addition of cheese makes the rosti even tastier.

trencherman

Reaction score
Searing grey food into golden beauties

I am not that into steak more than pork, more specifically, pork belly. Most of my recipe for pork belly requires searing which up to now I do on the stove top generating tremendous billows of smoke that sets off the smoke detector, not to mention permeates my clothes with the unmistakeable aroma of burnt pig. I am therefore thinking of getting myself a fire nozzle that distributes heat from an ordinary propane welding tip that I can use on the terrace. Like an Indian grandmother consulting her toothless astrologer, I dutifully checked out the reviews on Youtube and surely enough it presented me with yet cheaper and less hazardous alternatives such as a heat gun.

There is a Youtube comparison clip of searing sous vided chicken with a Searzall and a heatgun and the heatgun yielded better result.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
I am going to attempt to make home(apartment) made bread this weekend. I've always loved the smell when Mom would make it, and this will be my first attempt. I now have more flour, corn meal, and olive oil than I know what to do with. If it works, I'll probably end up making a lot.

pointguy36

Reaction score
I am going to attempt to make home(apartment) made bread this weekend. I've always loved the smell when Mom would make it, and this will be my first attempt. I now have more flour, corn meal, and olive oil than I know what to do with. If it works, I'll probably end up making a lot.

Well hopefully you have yeast too!! :)

Bread Flour is vastly superior to regular AP flour for bread making, but if you want to go more healthy, you should try a whole wheat bread flour or what I use, spelt flour (all the benefits of a whole grain flour, but with a milder taste!)

Good Luck!!! Making bread is one of my favorite activities - it is incredibly satisfying to see the bread rise and even better if it tastes good!

trencherman

Reaction score
Good luck with your foray into bread baking

I find it baffling that this renewed interest in seemingly contradictory trends: baking bread, gluten distrust and low-carb diets would all rise in popularity practically hand in hand.

This recent enthusiasm for artisanal bread baking of course cannot be more different from when bread machines was first introduced to consumers. A cousin who got caught up in that craze tested varied recipes that turned out more bread than she could reasonably consume so she took them to the local bird sanctuary. At first the seagulls seemed to welcome her. Towards the end of her bread machine making frenzy though, she noticed flocks of them flying away as soon as she once again drove into the sanctuary parking lot.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Well hopefully you have yeast too!! :)

Bread Flour is vastly superior to regular AP flour for bread making, but if you want to go more healthy, you should try a whole wheat bread flour or what I use, spelt flour (all the benefits of a whole grain flour, but with a milder taste!)

Good Luck!!! Making bread is one of my favorite activities - it is incredibly satisfying to see the bread rise and even better if it tastes good!

Well, I tried it for the first time last night and it didn't come out as great as I was hoping for. After I mixed the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and oil and was starting to kneed it, it wasn't as soft and sticky as I've seen on TV or even my grandmother make. It was tough, and dry, and it didn't rise very much. After I baked it, it seemed a little raw in the center.

I'm thinking that I either used too much flour or not enough water. The recipe called for 3 1/2 cups of flour to 1 cup of warm water. I was thinking about cutting back to 3 cups of flour on the next attempt and see what happens.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be listening

trencherman

Reaction score
Look for the way the flour was supposed to be measured. Some suggest scoop and level. Others sifting first before measuring. The more recent ones such as Tartine's weigh their flour and water.

The initial and final rise is not measured by timing because differing ambient temperatures will differ in rising time. Be patient and wait for it to double in bulk.

As with the final rise, baking time and temperature is complemented by eyeballing the colour and with large loaves, knocking. Long time bakers use quick read thermometer.

If any of the above strike you as too bothersome, start from the very beginning. A step above baking bread with a machine is doing a simple and quick recipe such as Moomie's Beautiful Buns. You have to get out of your way such as substituting gypsum for the flour to make it
fail.

Last edited:

pointguy36

Reaction score
Well, I tried it for the first time last night and it didn't come out as great as I was hoping for. After I mixed the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and oil and was starting to kneed it, it wasn't as soft and sticky as I've seen on TV or even my grandmother make. It was tough, and dry, and it didn't rise very much. After I baked it, it seemed a little raw in the center.

I'm thinking that I either used too much flour or not enough water. The recipe called for 3 1/2 cups of flour to 1 cup of warm water. I was thinking about cutting back to 3 cups of flour on the next attempt and see what happens.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be listening

Well, from what you described, you added a little too much flour. Typically you have added enough flour when the dough starts to pull away from the sides and form a ball - it will still be sticky though - this is the time to add flour only a Tbsp or two at a time - just to be able to knead the dough (usually 5-10 min. if you are doing it by hand). Most bread recipes are just rough estimates for flour, it depends on temp, humidity and the type of flour you use - as your grandmother might say, you have to "develop a feel" for the dough! :)

I usually proof my yeast before adding it to the flour, warm water, 1 tsp sugar and yeast, stir and let sit for 5-10 min - it should be all boubly, if your yeast is good and active. If your water is too hot, it will kill the yeast!

Most recipes don't say this, but salt retards the yeast proofing process, so I typically don't add my salt until I am in the kneading phase. Just mix it with a Tbsp of flour and knead it in well.

The other thing you might want to invest in is good food thermometer, I have never been able to determine if my loaves were done by the tapping for the hollow sound method. I usually just make sure my loaves reach an internal temp. of 190 and that should fix your raw center issue.

Hope this helps! If you have more questions, please let me know! Don't give up - you can do this!!!

trencherman

Reaction score
I finally calculated the combined nutritive value of my Avocado, chia/flaxseed, yogurt and 10% cream smoothie that I eat on top of my cheese, walnuts and protein main course (fish, fowl or meat). It just about supplies me with all the carbs and protein required to go into ketosis. All that remains for me to ingest should be fat in one form or another and fibre in the form of starchless vegetables such as green leafy ones stir fried in olive oil or butter. This is obviously unsustainable (if not unsatisfying) for my daily sustenance but good to keep in mind for the periods when I want to go into ketosis quickly such as right before fasting.

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Recipe for Zürcher Geschnetzeltes (cut meat Zürich style)

trencherman

Reaction score
Swiss roll is popular particularly in the Far East. They make them a lovely light and just slightly sweet in Japan. In Korea they have chains of Swiss roll shops selling something almost as good as they make them in Japan. In the Philippines, they make them with a type of chewy coconut and purple yam which used to be served exclusively at Christmas time.

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Timbale noodles with peas, mozzarella and ham

TnDYB3C.jpg