• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

When and how was your "Coming Out"?

Fwip

Reaction score
November 2011, I think. In September, I came out to my friends as bisexual when I was blackout drunk. It was messy, and they caught it on camera. The next morning they went down for breakfast and left the camera for me to watch by myself. "Watch this video then come and join us. Then maybe if you want to we can talk about it." They were ok with it, but its still a little weird. They don't really have any other gay friends. So they took a bit to adjust to sensitivities of certain aspects of being gay.

In the November, I had college midterms. The burden was clouding my head from being able to write my exams. So I made 2 phone calls. One to each of my parents who were then separated. Now divorced.

Mom: She was fine with it. But there was still a long pause of awkward silence as I found my words. She of course asked me why I hadn't told her sooner. We do have a really close bond. She seemed hurt, but I explained that coming out was more about me being ready than it was about people's responses.

Dad: I was really worried about him. He's become quite a devout Pentecostal. I hadn't given him much credit. Contrary to most people in that Christian denomination, he actually thought for himself. Didn't necessarily share the same bigotry as some would. In fact he is a little ignorant to some of the hateful opinions some of them hold. So when I told him, I never said "I'm gay". I started by telling him that I recently got out of a relationship. And that it was with a guy. His ignorance of the hate within his own denomination lead him to be quite confused as to why I'd be scared to tell him.

He's starting to realize a little bit. Once he did say "Now that I think about it, I don't think we have a single gay person in our congregation. I wonder why that is."

Last edited:

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
My coming out and outing

I came out in the winter of 1969 was 15, I went to my aunt's house with a friend from my neighborhood to fool around, we skipped school to do this and we went there because my aunt was at work and my close female cousin was in school. We were in my cousins bed and after sucking each others cock we were trying to fuck, I say trying because we did not know about lube (at that time there was no internet but shortly there after we discovered crisco.) well one of us had our legs in the air on the others ones shoulders and my cousin walks in as she came home sick from school she then freaked out and ran and told the whole family. We tried to do damage control and say she was lying but in the summer of 1969 I was in the All Ohio Boys band and we stayed in barrack like rooms with a lot of boys in each room. There was an extreme hottie in the top bunk next to mine and when he offered his cock I decided there and then fuck it I was Gay and went for it I also got several others that day and I have been out ever since.

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks stoney. That was a great share :)

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
just wish I had put it in the right place lol. Thanks

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is a great place. There's no rule saying it has to go in the other thread. I might have missed it if it was over there instead of on it's own. But still, I know what you mean.

Plus... that story got me horny :devil:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I really enjoyed reading your story from the year everything changed. Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

fictif59

Reaction score
I didn't do my coming out with a lot of people. Just my parents (it went fine) and a few close friends.

lionelboy

Reaction score
At 16 with my parents, at 18, just after high school, with my friends.

down_the_street

Reaction score
Coming out as bi to the family was the kiss of death. To my friends, it was like, "Duh. And?"

zachak

Reaction score
26 and was rocky with the parents... but worked out well fairly quickly.

T

tiogilito

Simple... I invited my brother to stay for a few days, and introduced him to my boyfriends. (yes I have 2, and we all live together, and we have a specially make very big bed....) It works really well, only sometimes making decisions together like where to go to on holiday can take ages.

Within one hour of my brother leaving, my mom phoned and she wanted to visit, saying she was really excited to have two son-laws.... God, she was so nosey, I got taken the piss out of for days because of her.

The day after my granny turned up with a huge cake, telling me about my great-uncle who apparently was also gay, and married to a lesbian.

tazbeazu

Reaction score
I came out by singing in the first Gay Pride Parade that was held in Indianapolis In, in 1992/93. I sang with the Indianapolis Men's Chorus and we were asked to sing a couple of songs and then to sing the National Anthem. yes, there were the sign carries, threats to shoot people who stepped on stage, etc, but all went well. We as a chorus were rather afraid for our lives (the stories of about getting shot really caused us to wonder if singing was a good thing or not) we eventually sang and no one was shot. But, the Local TV news was there and on the 6pm News that night there was my face plastered all over the State News as "One of the Gay Men who sang at the open of Gay Pride Festivals in Indianapolis tonight...". I cried and cried. Then I just went on with my life. I really never told my parents, unless they saw the news that night I never told them. did not think it was any of their business. Any way, yes I am gay, but sex is only a small part of my life not my whole life.

raedwulf

Reaction score
damn, fuck, I came out to my mother i think last year (not really sure though, it could be 2 years ago), then I came out on FaceBook a few mos ago

DirtyBottom

Reaction score
I came out as Bi to my Mum a couple of years ago, and my closest friends know too. It felt like such a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders, especially as they were all so accepting of it. My best mate was really surprised though, he gave me a big hug, and said he'd always be there for me no matter what.

Good friends can really help when it comes down to being honest about yourself.

xenos

Reaction score
There is an old saying that coming out is a process, not event. I started coming out when I was 20 years old and first accepted my self. I had fought being gay for 5 years and finally told myself that this is who I am and to make the best of it.

As far as parents, I never had to face that really since they both died when I was in my twenties, although there were hints about homosexuality when I was in high school. I did not live with them after I was 16 years old. I am sure they would not have been supportive.

I came out to most of my siblings when my sister asked me at the age of 39 and I said yes. She told the rest of the family except for one brother who is some species of "Christian." He didn't want to talk about it and still doesn't.

About that time I got a new job that allowed me to be open about my sexuality. It was a wonderful feeling of freedom to be open about being gay with all my colleagues. One woman at work asked me once why I "turned gay" I told her I'd tell her if she told my why she hadn't. She gave me a very odd look and almost fell off her chair. Another colleague chimed in and told "Laura" that it's not a choice. Laura later asked me if I thought her boyfriend was gay because he wanted to screw her in the ass. Several of us discussed and decided that it was just for something different and that he was still straight. That gal had a lot of ignorance about sex.

I am not the butchest guy on earth but apparently I'm not a gay stereotype. A few years ago something came up with a guy I was working with and I came out to him. He looked stunned but he took it in stride and didn't treat me any differently after the revelation than before.

I guess the point is that everyone who is important in my life knows, including my doctor. I am not aggressively out but I won't deny myself the freedom to be me anymore.

Last edited: