• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

laptop help

W

wardell

I don't know what to do. I send my laptop I to be fixed the cpu was running high for no reason. it was still under warranty when I sent it in. I got it back today and now it is not worst shape now then when I sent it in. 1. how my charger no longer works worked fine when I sent it in 2. some of the keys on the keyboard do not work so I can't log in 3 they said they can not fix my laptop because the charger is the problem and the charger is not covered under the warranty 4 they said they repleaced the back of the laptop and in doing so they took off my SN # 5 they did not put all of the screws back in 4 when I called the # on the paper they sent back with it they saying if you have any questions then call. so I call the # and they told me they do not do repairs and that I need to call the place were i brought it from which it the Power co. so I call them and the guy puts me on hold then transferred me to pay my Power bill I told the woman my problem and she told me to call the # I just called that put me though to her. now no one well talk to me and I have no idea what to do

Lamicheval

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hi, wardell,

I hope I understood your posting correctly. To check it, I will repeat, what I understood.

1. You sent in your laptop to the manufacturer to repair it. The manufacturer sent it back to you, with the message: "We can't help you. The charger is your problem and the warranty does not cover it."
2. These guys sent your laptop back and made some mistakes with it: screws are not replaced, they destroyed keys, so you are no longer able to log in to your laptop.
3. You called these "repair-guys" and they want you to pay the bill, before they repair their own mistakes.
4. They told you to call the place, where you bought your laptop for help.
5. You called this shop, but they did not want you to help. They only told you to call the "repair-guys" again.

If that was the story, you shouldn't pay a bill for these "repair-guys". You should ask them to repair their mistakes, they made to your laptop in first, before you pay something. Even if they can't repair the charger, because it is not covered under warranty, they have to repair the things, which are under the warranty and to repair their own made mistakes too.

If that doesn't help, you can call again the shop, where you bought the laptop and describe the situation again. Please be persistent, if they want you to refer again to the manufacturer without any further help. Ask them to contact the manufacturer themselves, you gave them a lot of money for a piece of electronic and that should work in the time of warranty. It should be in their interest to make you, as a paying customer, satisfied. Sometimes it helps, if such shops call the manufacturer.

If I misunderstood your story, please tell me a bit more about it, with simple words and short sentences, because English is not my first language, like you could see already. ;) :D

W

wardell

you understand. now when I call the "repair-guys" they say they don't do repairs.

Last edited:

Lamicheval

Super Vip
Reaction score
They don't do repairs at all? Or they don't do it in this case? And when the second alternative is the right, why don't they do it? Only because the warranty is not covered again?

That may be okay in case of the charger (if that really is the missing part), but not for the mistakes they made as you sent it in.

But now try in first again in the shop you bought it. Describe the situation very detailed and as already said, be persistent (and polite). Perhaps they will have an alternative to repair, e.g. to change the whole laptop, with only the payment for the new charger.

And if nothing helps, you can tell something from a lawyer or the public (newspapers or magazins, perhaps pc-magazins) you will open the story, because they made the mistakes and you should pay for it. Stay polite but determined, if you tell these things! Not that you really have to take a lawyer, but you could indeed call pc-magazins and tell them your story. Sometimes it impresses the concerned parties and they are helpful again. ;)

I wish you good luck! :thumbs up:

W

wardell

well I got my laptop back but now there is a new problem they send it back saying the power cord is bad so I bought a new now the dc jack is bad even though they said they fixed that. well i'm sick of dealing with these people does any one here know how much it would be to have the dc jack fixed in the US thanks

Lamicheval

Super Vip
Reaction score
Did you find a solution for your problems meanwhile? Because unfortunately I don't know how much this fix would be in the US. But I could imagine, it shouldn't be that expensive.

But wow, what a dump these "repair guys" have. I really hope for you, that there is a much, much better way to get pcs and notebooks nearby for you! A shop which has a service, that could be called "service" and not guys, which make more problems as they solve for you. :) :thumbs up: