• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

The runaways

yank

Reaction score
So recently i went to my local comic shop and saw the recent issue of daken: Dark wolverine (#17 i think) which on the cover said featuring the Runaways. At which point i took to the counter and started talking about the runaways series with the owner. I had no interest in daken but i havent seen anything of the runaways in a year so i was very eager to know what was going on. After i paid for it i started flicking through the comic, still talking with the owner, til i reached the last page.....the runaways made an appearence, but only on the last page....luckily the owner knew me and was as disgusted as i was about it and gave me my money back. But i was wondering if anyone else on the forum has read the runaways comics from marvel and what they think of it.
Also the runaways comics feature group of teenagers with superpowers and the like who runaway from their criminal supervillain parents. The comic features a lesbian couple in it and i personally find the story really good....well most of it!

yank

Reaction score
Does ANYONE read the runaways?

mcdannie

Reaction score
I loved this series and was really bummed when they put the movie on the backburner. (Was it really since they couldn't find an Asian female lead without resorting to casting white girls?)

ryan20bi

Reaction score
The runaways were good when Brian K. Vaughan wrote them, but when he left his creation they lost a lot of their quality fast. even joss Whedon didn't seem too get too good a handle on the, but the poorest treatment was during Civil War when all the lgbt members of the runaways and young avengers got captured and tortured.

Maybe if you like teams of young heroes you can try Avengers Academy. Striker comes out in next week's 23 and julie Power is a bi character; also Christos Gage has been an excellent character writer since Stormwatch PHD.

yank

Reaction score
I only gotten through the first arc

I hope you enjoy it. Will always be one of my favorite series despite .....later

The runaways were good when Brian K. Vaughan wrote them, but when he left his creation they lost a lot of their quality fast. even joss Whedon didn't seem too get too good a handle on the, but the poorest treatment was during Civil War when all the lgbt members of the runaways and young avengers got captured and tortured.

Maybe if you like teams of young heroes you can try Avengers Academy. Striker comes out in next week's 23 and julie Power is a bi character; also Christos Gage has been an excellent character writer since Stormwatch PHD.

Im not gonna be picking up anymore marvel titles for a while, between what happened to runaways. The timelines and confusing continuities and the young avengers children's crusade....i just cant.

But Vaughan created a beautiful series the art was very nice in the beginning and the story was very good, and it had just the right type and amount of humor i thought.
As for the civil war stuff, see them strapped and tortured and basicly non-combatants sucked....though seeing billy crying and trying to kill (cant remember his name right now) was really beautiful for some reason. Though it sucked that molly was out of the fight too!!

ALSO
I am soooo glad other people have read, or are reading this series. Very few people know it and i find myself often introducing it to them!

mcdannie

Reaction score
Well I thought Joss did a decent enough job, it's just his arc took so long to come out that I think he contributed to killing the series anyway. They felt like they needed to relaunch the series with a new #1 and a new art direction...

It's just a bit disappointing that for one of the wholly new set of characters introduced into the Marvel Universe they've just stopped publishing it rather than constantly trying to relaunch like they've been doing with a lot of the other characters they inexplicably are big on pushing (such as Moon Knight or Black Panther)

Tyromez

Reaction score
Only the first arc myself but in the new Dark wolverine they have more of the runaways than the last one. Seem like there are trying to bring them back.

mcdannie

Reaction score
Yeah, following up on that they're also in a two issue arc on Avengers Academy. I'm not really sure what they plan on doing with the Runaways on any level, it seems like progress on the movie is pretty stagnant too.

ryan20bi

Reaction score
I was personally really disappointed with their two starring issus in Avengers Academy. That title was already on the fence for me for being part of the whole Avengers vs. X-Men mess, but those two issues with the Runaways...ugh... That whole emo spell to understand each other better, the whole needless arguing, it was just a mess.

i'm probably only getting the next issue of Avengers Academy, 29 for this page:

Last edited: