• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Has anybody noticed the Thanks button?

xenos

Reaction score
Every individual post that goes up on Gay Heaven has a thanks button at the end of the post. If you find the post, or any part thereof, pleasing it would be kind of you to click the thanks button.

I just checked one of the threads I posted this month. It was viewed 697 times so far this month. But a total of only 14 people clicked thanks. Actually that is not accurate. Several people clicked more that one post in that thread. The number of individuals who clicked thanks was less then ten. And I am not alone. I viewed another contributor's thread that had been viewed about 9400 times but on the first page only one person clicked thanks to one of the posts. One of the most prolific posters on Gay Heaven has been thanked less than 15% of the time.

I believe that well over 90% of the users of this forum never click the thanks button. I am sure that most posters contribute to the forums because they enjoy sharing with others but a little expression of thanks would be appreciated.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I totally agree with xenos! I just don't understand how someone can think that the guy who posted the post I've just read/watched doesn't deserve a simple thanks...

Sometimes I wanna shout : ungrateful fuckin' bastards!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Most forums have the same problem. Most members give no consideration to the work of uploaders who share so much even if they are doing it for reasons other than generosity as in the early days of Rapid Share when there was only simple gifts for reward instead of currency as it is today.

Most members plow through threads looking to satisfy their own needs - like pigs at a trough - oblivious to the pig next to them until they want to push it out of the way to get at that pig's share and they certainly don't 'thank' the hand that feeds them. In the case of uploaders - they do 'harvest' their pigs in a fashion - their reward is money rather than the tasty flesh of the pig ;)

I thank everything I read or download. I 'thank' posts even if I don't agree with the opinion of the poster or whether I download the link. It's an old habit.

howardjk

Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed and use the Thanks button. It was my understanding [and maybe this understanding sprang full blown from my imagination since I don't find anything in the rules] that members "Thank" when they download a file posted on the forum. I look at far more than I download. Many duplicate files I already have, some use hosts I can't seem to use, many are of no interest. Clarify please. I don't mind clicking thanks but don't see any reason for clicking for every file I view and don't open.

Ioanna

Reaction score
Completely agree with what is written above.
What I find worse is when someone posts something and get responded designer (read the author of the topic) not even find the worth to thank the reaction.
I mean when i post something i will "thanks" every reply, a question of believing in what you posted yourself, be aware that this can pull up the level of GayHeaven and you think it's worth that one appreciate your subjects .
Or just a form of politeness.
Thank xenos to bring this to the attention.

Last edited:

james1981

Reaction score
As you can probably tell from my stats, I like the thanks button. I think it's an excellent and super easy way to show your appreciation for someone who posts something interesting, useful, enjoyable or thought provoking. For people who take the time to upload content to this site, I admire how much time they must spend loading the files, loading the images, then crafting the post. Even if you've done it hundreds or thousands of times, it still takes time. The very least I can do is show that the work and effort are appreciated by clicking thanks. Sometimes I make a point of clicking thanks on every single post in a thread if I'm reading or looking at everything. Sure, it takes a bit longer to go through, but really not that much longer.

I think the thanks feature is a great way to show appreciation without cluttering threads by writing out "thanks".

It's quite telling on posts where users have to click thanks in order to see content versus those where links to content don't require the click of thanks. The former tend to have way more thanks attributed to them. A shame really, but also to be expected.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I believe that well over 90% of the users of this forum never click the thanks button.

The only time u hear from many is if they want to complain that one pic out of 400 is corrupt :(

I am sure that most posters contribute to the forums because they enjoy sharing with others but a little expression of thanks would be appreciated.

I fully agree with you. One of my latest threads I posted some days ago has 165 views, BUT a total of only 5 people clicked thanks (3%). Why? The links to the vids are NOT hidden. I was wondering how many times this post would be thanked, if the DL links were NOT hidden. :thinking:

I 'thank' posts even if I don't agree with the opinion of the poster.

Me too. Because I know that preparing a post (incl. pics, text, anon links) takes time!!! ;)

Last edited:

Martinus

Reaction score
If you stop the thanks button becoming a blackmail button maybe more people will use it. Surely thanks are due if you appreciate the content, not just because somebody posted it. To be asked for thanks before you know what you are looking it is bordering on bullying.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
If you stop the thanks button becoming a blackmail button maybe more people will use it. Surely thanks are due if you appreciate the content, not just because somebody posted it. To be asked for thanks before you know what you are looking it is bordering on bullying.

Obviously you and I have radically different definitions for 'blackmail'.

Clicking 'Thanks' costs you nothing. Not one penny. If a poster requires a 'Thanks' to reveal the link to pics or videos he still has to post a sample of the pics or an index sheet for the videos. Members have those samples to view prior to clicking 'Thanks'. There is no way to twist the word 'blackmail' into that equation.

And what about discussion threads or humor threads or streaming threads? It costs nothing to click 'Thanks' to show you took time to read or watch it and it gives the OP a chance to know if his work is being appreciated by you.

If you are too busy to click Thanks or if you are too aloof to be bothered then you fit into the majority of members on this and most other forums. I see you found time to charge uploaders and other members who share with blackmail. We all appreciate your little contribution even if it does seem a little misguided.

'Thanks' Martinus :)

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

On this point, I'm against Martinus :no: and totally with Sniffit :thumbs up:

To me, hitting the Thanks-button is about appreciating the EFFORT of having posted, not about necessarily appreciating the CONTENT of the post.

The ONLY time that I conciously don't hit the thanks button is when I see posts that are obviously doing damage :angry: to the forum. That doesn't happen often, but it has happened a few times.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score

I know what you are saying BUT it can also used as a security measure, if a post has to be "thanked" to see the content it cannot be found by bots and google searches

klimt

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I click on the thank button each time i look at a vid or a thread and i totally agree with you.
It's the same in ohter threads where i try to post pics to illustrate my contribution (what are you listening to ? - What's the last movie you've seen - The song game etc...) it will be more pleasant tio read those threads if each contributor send a pic to illustrate his post...)

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
To me, hitting the Thanks-button is about appreciating the EFFORT of having posted, not about necessarily appreciating the CONTENT of the post..

Same here...You hit the nail on the head ;)

D

Davieboy2

Many of us don't get paid anything, and I would like to thank those who do push the thanks button when they do like something I have posted :thumbs up:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be clear... I was NOT beating up on Martinus. I understand how he feels and I hope he understands the point I tried to make.

Big hug & a kiss Martinus

Sniffit :)

Ioanna

Reaction score
Talked about the "thanks button" when I on the anniversary of GayHeaven posted
a birthday attention http://www.gayheaven.org/showthread.php?t=483899 which many responses came, I note that only two members of the board have taken the effort to respond, Alsun and Unpredictabel, but the rest of our beloved board no trace.
Do not get me wrong friends, I would not attack the board and it's not because I have started this thread, but a company party without the board ????
They have more to do than this? how long does it take to tick the thanks button?
Everyone has to do it here about apreciation, recognition and effort but not present on the anniversary of your brainchild ...... when one is no longer proud of his color? I mean from red to green.

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
WOW this is all true :(

Probably another reason I use the THANKS button to hide my download links. To sort of FORCE people to say thanks! Probably the wrong way of doing it but hay!

Just had a look at my stats <<<

Thanked 208,426 Times in 2,244 Posts

They will have change slightly by the time yo read this

I have one main thread that has had 1.8million views. and a total of 208 thousand thanks in 2244 posts!

Jeeeez have I really posted that much. Arrr of of course that figure went down massively when I had to delete all my posts in my thread when HotFile went tits up!

But going back to the THANKS button. I also use it to judge how good a clip was and try and post more like that in the future, which will help ALL contributors here

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
"The Thank You", easy and quick way to show your appreciation, a protection for your posts, etc, and yes, so rarely used anyway. I have to admit that I often tend to forget it first, but I try to fix it by returning to the posts. After all, there wouldn't be this forum without members and their participation, so:

Ioanna

Reaction score
"it will be more pleasant tio read those threads if each contributor send a pic to illustrate his post...)"

[/QUOTE]

This is a proposition which I support strongly,
more creativity brings more color,also in a discussion forum.
"Thanks" Klimt for this beautiful and creative realization.:thumbs up:

Last edited:

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I know what you are saying BUT it can also used as a security measure, if a post has to be "thanked" to see the content it cannot be found by bots and google searches

Thanks Jim. that's it and most others are right, a littel appreciation and Feedback feels good ;)