• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Retro Photo (Anything Retro)

trencherman

Reaction score

pickett_and_other_slide_rules_march_10__2008004_edited.jpg

Brother and I went to engineering school so slide rule was part of our introductory training. The coveted brand was K&E but the majority of students wielded the Japanese Hemmi, made of bamboo so costed a fraction of the American import and also for most conditions, accurate since bamboo accommodated to fluctuating humidity evenly. I never saw an example of a Chinese-made one which Life magazine mentioned in its lampoon of The Great Leap Forward as not reliable, you get 9.1 if you tried squaring 3.​

trencherman

Reaction score

A perfect fountain pen design, modular in that they are assembled from interchangeable parts, light weight for hands that were not distantly used to writing with a quill, easy and clean ink loading mechanism that holds ample supply that can last a week of heavy writing and good to look at. Pen manufacturers should have stopped right there, look at what they ended up, Montblanc’s humongous dildo of a fountain pen, their Meisterstuck 149.

Here is Albert Einstein wearing one in his pocket without a protector.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

Vintage camera film vending machine

What we used to swipe credit cards

trencherman

Reaction score

This is how we used to look up a book in the library

You of course need a grasp of the Dewey Decimal System to use these. Not to be confused with the duodecimal system which is a positional notation numeral system using twelve as its base.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
Oh yes!!! I've stood in front of this these library card boxes thousands of times!!!

I'll never forget the first time I went to the Library and the card boxes were gone. There was this thing they called a computer sitting there instead. I was lost ! :rofl:

trencherman

Reaction score
Along with the slide rule that serious engineering students cultivated was using an India ink pen called Tintenkuli. Writing implements tended to get mildly racist names at that time. Mongol lead pencil was another. Anyway, Tintenkuli was considered as suited for technical lettering. Brother actually dropped his standard cursive handwriting and adopted engineering lettering even for his personal life.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll never forget the first time I went to the Library and the card boxes were gone. There was this thing they called a computer sitting there instead. I was lost ! :rofl:

I remember that in the city library in my Swedish home town Karlstad (in English that's Charlestown, named after king Charles IX - a really vicious, brutal, bloody and paranoid kind of king - who granted the very ancient market place Tingvalla its city privilegies in 1584) in between the old traditional card box system and the modern computerized on-line catalogue, they had a real shitty system with microfiche cards and microfiche reading machine.

The really shitty thing about this system was, that the catalogue was never fully up-to-date in the way that the library could have hundreds of recently acquired books you didn't get access to in the public catalogue. The new books wouldn't show up until next month or so when they had a new set of microfiche cards - this was serious shit!

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember this from grade school?

2576008705e2523aa8ecd2d836c734618ec5962c.jpg

Last edited:

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

The Rubber Squeeze Change Purse

And This orange Floral tote bag was really popular

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
First with the men in the armed services

257636348536c54d600a361eb9c0c69559e2e064.jpeg

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

I almost forgot myself when the button to brighten the headlights on a car was on the floorboard ;)