• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Black Leader: ‘God Created Marriage’...

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Black Leader: ‘God Created Marriage’ So ‘He’s The Only One That Can Define It’
CNS | By Penny Starr | February 12, 2015 - 7:54 PM EST

206725868efc239176229ffd5feb344234f56fcc.jpg

Rev. Garland Hunt, president of the Prison Fellowship, spoke at the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 12, 2015

(CNSNews) – Speaking at an event at the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Rev. Garland Hunt said efforts by homosexual and other activists to redefine marriage defies its creation by God as the sacred union of one man and one woman.

“God created marriage; therefore, he’s the only one that can define it,” said Hunt, president of the nationwide Christian advocacy organization Prison Fellowship.

The event was held to unveil FRC’s Marriage and Religion Research Institute’s (MARRI) 5th annual Index of Family Belonging and Rejection, which measures the state of American families and the impact on children between the ages of 15 and 17 based on whether they are being raised by their biological married parents or in other family arrangements.

Link to report (following quote is in the introduction, page 2)

“Based on 2008-2012 data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, the U.S. Belonging Index is 46 percent and the corresponding Rejection Index is 54 percent,” the introduction to the report states.

“This means that 46 percent of teenagers aged 15 to 17 have lived with both biological parents always married since their birth, whereas 54 percent of teenagers aged 15 to 17 have lived in broken homes with biological parents who either never married or are no longer married,” it states.

The numbers are even starker for black teenagers, according to the report, with only 17 percent of teens aged 15 to 17 living with both biological married parents.

Following prepared remarks about the report by columnist and author Star Parker, who is also the founder and president of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education, and Hunt, the panelists were asked about the U.S. Supreme Court agreeing to hear arguments in June about whether or not state laws banning same-sex marriages are constitutional.

“Contrary to popular opinion, actually the Supreme Court is not the final arbitrator,” Hunt said.

“So we’re lining up with the final arbitrator,” Hunt said, referring to God.

Hunt said even if the court rules against the states that have put bans on same-sex marriage, it is up to Americans to stand up for what they believe in.

“I believe if the court decides in not as God defined it, the people have to stand forth and hold true to what we believe from family to family, community to community, church to church,” Hunt said.

Hunt, who lives in Atlanta, Ga., said that his state is one of those where the people voted to protect traditional marriage but their will has been overridden by a court decision.

“Over 70 percent of the state voted for marriage between a man and a woman, and now it’s back in the courts,” Hunt said. “They’re targeting Georgia to break that down.

“So, yes, just like the people vote, the people have to stand together on truth,” Hunt said. “This is what we are saying.

“And we cannot compromise what we believe under any circumstance,” Hunt said. “So it has to be a massive group of people together that determines we are going to stand on this and marriage is one of those areas.

“God created marriage. Therefore, he’s the only one that can define it,” Hunt said.

Of the 36 states where same-sex marriage is “legal,” 26 of those were decided by a judge’s ruling that state law banning the practice is unconstitutional. Eight states and the District of Columbia have gay marriage because of legislation passed in the state, while three states made it legal through ballot measures.

SOURCE

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
“Over 70 percent of the state voted for marriage between a man and a woman, and now it’s back in the courts,” Hunt said.

And that's why human rights issues are settled by the courts and not by the voters.

I wonder what percentage of voters in Georgia would have voted in favor of mixed race marriages 100 years ago.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
God only created Marriage if you live in a fantasy world. This guy is a bigoted prick who REALLY should know better.

B.

xenos

Reaction score
When bigots like this guy refer to "God" they mean the Christian God although they never seem to say that. Does that mean that marriages in China, Japan and India or Africa are not real marriages or that marriages before the time of Christ were not genuine? I have never heard anyone challenge one of these so-called Christians on this point. It's about time that someone stood up and did so.

In many European countries such as Hungary, the government does not recognize religious weddings as valid marriages. If you want to get married, you must first go through a civil ceremony at the town hall and then can have a religious blessing on your union. Religious marriages by themselves, as in the U. S., have no legal standing. I'd like to see this practice adopted in the
U. S. but don't believe that it ever will, sadly.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
“Over 70 percent of the state voted for marriage between a man and a woman, and now it’s back in the courts,” Hunt said.

And that's why human rights issues are settled by the courts and not by the voters.

I wonder what percentage of voters in Georgia would have voted in favor of mixed race marriages 100 years ago.

100 years ago? There were Anti-Miscegenation-laws in most states still in the early 60s.

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score

Never mind 100 years ago. How about 40 years ago? Anyway, he can kiss my ass. :no::no::no:

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score
When bigots like this guy refer to "God" they mean the Christian God although they never seem to say that. Does that mean that marriages in China, Japan and India or Africa are not real marriages or that marriages before the time of Christ were not genuine? I have never heard anyone challenge one of these so-called Christians on this point. It's about time that someone stood up and did so.

In many European countries such as Hungary, the government does not recognize religious weddings as valid marriages. If you want to get married, you must first go through a civil ceremony at the town hall and then can have a religious blessing on your union. Religious marriages by themselves, as in the U. S., have no legal standing. I'd like to see this practice adopted in the
U. S. but don't believe that it ever will, sadly.

I also love it when they say traditional marriage. whose tradition? In the Old Testament, men were allowed to have multiple wives. And, many Muslims, even today, have multiple wives. So, I asked again. Whose tradition?:no::no::no:

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
100 years ago? There were Anti-Miscegenation-laws in most states still in the early 60s.

60, 40, 100...I'm not so sure what the outcome would be today. That's exactly my point.

fkboy1

Reaction score
Another ignorant dick this world can live without. Somebody should 'Hunt' him down pronto!
*sigh* God......why do you allow such people to be born on this planet?? *sigh*