• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

RIP Cecil killed by a wealthy psychopath

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
11822707_930758940319423_3160022993942569916_n.jpg

Video of Cecil

Go here for the news article posted by GH member Ioanna
http://www.gayheaven.org/showthread.php?t=234802&page=87
I cannot for the life of me understand how a man could pay 55 thousand dollars to butcher such a regal animal. I don't believe in hunting unless it is to feed your self or loved ones and you have no other choice. I however would consider taking up hunting if Dr Palmer were in the woods. I am glad to hear his dental office has been closed due to all the protestors and the coward POS is in hiding.

55b9363bc3618803488b45b1.jpg

cecilthelion.jpg

Arrest and extradite Walter J. Palmer, DDS of Minnesota to face prosecution for illegal poaching in Zimbabwe.
If you feel the same consider signing the We the people petition to the White House which can be found at the link below.

Code:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/arrest-and-extradite-walter-j-palmer-dds-minnesota-face-prosecution-illegal-poaching-zimbabwe

Last edited:

cranston

Reaction score
Someone should drop him off at the zoo, in the middle of the lion habitat, let the cats play with their new "toy"

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Imagine being one of his patients, and realising that a man you trust with your welfare is so clearly utterly out of touch with normal human emotion. I wouldn't want my dentist to be psychopathic!

B.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
There was an interview with a hunter guide on npr radio. His point was that making wildlife attractive for landowners (with hunting revenue) assured their future. Otherwise it would be wiped out on privately held land.
I know it's an absurd stance in many ways, but what if he is correct? What if hunting is the price of survival?

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
There was an interview with a hunter guide on npr radio. His point was that making wildlife attractive for landowners (with hunting revenue) assured their future. Otherwise it would be wiped out on privately held land.
I know it's an absurd stance in many ways, but what if he is correct? What if hunting is the price of survival?

I sincerely beg to differ: The actual behaviour of this dirty American speakes volumes against him; he's a criminal who deserves to stand trial, and then to be put in prison. The Minnesota dentist is a wealthy criminal, but also wealthy criminals belong in prison.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score

The issue is not that he shot a lion and killed it outright and quickly like normal hunters do. It's that he kills an animal in a cruel and twisted way.

You could perhaps make the argument that shooting is important for preserving wild life, but that has nothing to do with this hideous act. For the record, I think you would be wrong if you think you have to kill animals to get tourists. There are many more people who want to shoot animals with their cameras than with their guns!

B.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
More on Palmer

palmer.jpg

Dr. Walter Palmer is nowhere to be found.

The Minnesota dentist has gone underground in the onslaught of criticism after he killed a prized African lion named Cecil.

It probably shouldn't come as a surprise; an angry horde of Cecil supporters is calling for his head to be mounted on a wall.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is investigating the circumstances surrounding the lion's killing.

"At this point in time, however, multiple efforts to contact Dr. Walter Palmer have been unsuccessful. We ask that Dr. Palmer or his representative contact us immediately," said Edward Grace, the service's deputy chief of law enforcement.

Video on CNN with latest updates
Code:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/walter-palmer-whereabouts/index.html

Palmer is in the public crosshairs after the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force said Cecil the lion was lured out of an animal sanctuary in Zimbabwe and shot with a crossbow.

But his death wasn't immediate.

Cecil lived another 40 hours until the hunters tracked him down and shot him with a gun. He was then skinned and beheaded.

The hunters also tried to destroy the GPS collar that Cecil was wearing as part of research backed by Oxford University, the conservation group said.
Cecil the lion's killer thought hunt was legal

Cecil the lion's killer thought hunt was legal 01:52

"I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt," Palmer said Tuesday in a statement. "I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt."

Two Zimbabweans have been charged in the case and officials in the African nation say they want to talk to Palmer. The undercover dentist has indicated that he'll cooperate, although he said in a statement that he had yet to be contacted by anyone about the investigation.

Two Zimbabweans freed on bail in death of Cecil the lion

The killing garnered international attention.

"I think like most people in the world, we are outraged at what happened to this poor lion," Harald Braun, Germany's ambassador to the United Nations, told reporters Thursday.

Braun spoke minutes after the U.N. General Assembly passed a resolution calling on all countries to crack down on illegal wildlife trafficking and poaching. The vote came after two years of work on the resolution and was not tied to Cecil's death.

Cecil's killing doesn't appear to be the first time Palmer has gotten into trouble while hunting.

A man by the same name and age, and from the same town, illegally killed a black bear in Wisconsin several years ago, according to court documents.

That individual pleaded guilty to making false statements knowingly to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and was sentenced to one year on probation and ordered to pay a fine of nearly $3,000, records show.

A New York Times article in 2009 that profiled Palmer and his hunting methods said he had served a year of probation over the false statements case.

The Times article detailed Palmer's skill and enthusiasm for using archery rather than firearms to slay animals.

He is "said to be capable of skewering a playing card from 100 yards with his compound bow," it said, recounting his killing of a large elk with an arrow in Northern California.

The mood outside River Bluff Dental was peaceful but ugly Wednesday. Hundreds of protesters gathered there, WCCO reported.

"I just came down here to express my disgust at what he did," Alan Miller told the station.

Sarah Madison brought her son, dressed in a lion costume. "I said we're going to come and we're going to honor Cecil's life."

Above the menagerie of stuffed animals at the door, posters now cover the front facade of the practice.

One sign asked, "Dr. Palmer, why did you kill Cecil?" Another said, "Rot in hell." A third employed the hashtag #catlivesmatter.

The vitriol for Palmer even flowed from the governor's mansion.

"I'm just so disgusted with that man," said Gov. Mark Dayton. "Shoot any lion but lure a lion like that out of the preserve and shoot him, how could anybody think that's sport? Just appalling."

And the mood in the area of Palmer's home, in Eden Prairie, was dicey enough for police to issue a statement saying they were protecting the area -- although Palmer could fend for himself.

"Because of the increased traffic in the neighborhood of Walter Palmer's residence, the Eden Prairie Police Department is monitoring the neighborhood to ensure the safety and security of the residents and their property," the statement read. "The Eden Prairie Police Department is not providing personal protection for Mr. Palmer."

With the storm of criticism continuing to brew, it may be quite some time before the hunter, now hunted, feels like it's safe to come out.

Kimmel chokes up on air over Cecil the lion, likens hunter to Bill Cosby

howardjk

Reaction score
Be sure to sign the petition in the first post. This asshat needs to suffer.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Dr. Walter Palmer runs the River Bluff Dental practice in Bloomington, Minnesota.

He settled sexual harassment allegations by a former employee who was also a patient, in 2009, according to documents from the Minnesota Board of Dentistry. He settled a corrective action with the board and his insurer paid $127,500 to his accuser.

The woman said “she was subjected to ongoing and unwelcome sexual harassment by (Palmer) including, but not limited to, verbal comments and physical conduct involving her breasts, buttocks, and genitalia.”

She said she told Palmer and her supervisor that she wanted his behavior to stop, but he “failed to cease his harassing conduct.” She also said “she believed (Palmer) terminated her employment in retaliation for reporting the conduct.”
The complaint was dismissed in 2010 after the board determined he had completed all the requirements in the agreement. In addition to the fine, he was also ordered to complete a jurisprudence exam and ethics course.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Last picture of Cecil alive

Last picture of Cecil alive with his friend Jericho

Cecil-and-Jericho.jpg

While Cecil's death has outraged many, including Jimmy Kimmel, who got choked up while talking about the lion on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night, the greatest impact will likely be on the pride he's left behind. According to UPI, Cecil had a coalition pride with another male lion, Jericho. Between the two prides, there were six lionesses and about a dozen cubs. Without Cecil, Jericho will be weakened and potentially unable to protect the two prides from other male lions and their cubs.
Animal Planet's David Salmoni pictured below

"If one lion is shot from the coalition, it weakens the coalition and results not just in the death of that one lion, but the death, probably, of his companions, because the weakened coalition will be overtaken by the stronger coalition which in turn will kill the cubs of their predecessors," Animal Planet's Dave Salmoni told CBS News. "So it may well be that the death of just one lion leads to the deaths of several more, and for a species that is declining fast, that is very bad news."
salmoni.png

S

Sinnerr

Im not going to advocate the dentist. But I see lot of hypocrisy in those outraged. Everyone lives in human settlement build in former natural habitat of wild animals, everyone eats food planted on former wild nature lands ... we all live and ejoy our comfort on wildlife's expense.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Im not going to advocate the dentist. But I see lot of hypocrisy in those outraged. Everyone lives in human settlement build in former natural habitat of wild animals, everyone eats food planted on former wild nature lands ... we all live and ejoy our comfort on wildlife's expense.

I think you miss the point, the outrage is not so much for the practice of hunting as it is for the ethics of the hunter.
This man is nothing but a "trophy hunter", not a sport hunter who hunts for the challenge of man against animal, and he's not a naturalist who hunts for food. All he cared for was bagging his trophy.

This lion was a protected animal in a protected wildlife reserve that was accustomed to and even friendly towards humans. It was baited and lured to the kill zone. There's no sport in that, you might as well be hunting in a petting zoo...

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
The Lion King: The Retribution of Cecil

B

Bo69

This guy is from another century. But the blame for the incident falls squarely on the tour guides and they should be carted off to jail. Then the shooter should be sentenced to spend some time in a cage in a lion preserve.

Giangiacomo

Reaction score
Culling may be necessary for the preservation of some species or wild populations, but I think it would be better done by professional game keepers, not people out to get the thrill of a kill. Surely someone willing to kill an animal in this way is liable to also kill a human.

camyoo

Reaction score
How anyone can derive pleasure from destroying such a magnificent animal is something I cannot and never will comprehend. Reminds me of the stories of the Old West when men would shoot buffalo from the trains just for "fun", leaving thousands of carcasses to rot. The Native Americans knew they were in trouble when they saw this.

jjjack

Reaction score
Dentistry

It’s not too surprising to me that a dentist would turn out to be pond scum. No doubt there are many good, dedicated dentists practicing these days, but as a collective, the profession has gone off the deep end by pricing itself out of business. I can’t afford $4,000 to $5,000 per tooth, so I haven't been to a dentist in at least 9 years. I read that half of Americans never go to a dentist because they can’t afford it. That amounts to 160,000,000 Americans who get no dental care whatsoever. They just let their teeth rot out then have them all pulled. Furthermore, most dental “insurance” plans are simply scams to make you pay more. Benefits are ridiculously low or capped at $1,000 per year, while premiums just keep rising. Most of the time, you pay a little less by not having any dental insurance. Lots of Americans go to Mexico for affordable dental work. This is just one more way that the U.S. is regressive and stupid. Euros and Canadians must really be laughing at us.

This particular dentist committed a crime against nature, but American dentistry itself has become a crime against humanity, as far as I’m concerned.

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
Palmer re-opened his dental practice today....well, somebody did at his suburban Minneapolis location because he wasn't there. He's still hiding at an undisclosed location like a little girl. Too bad Cecil didn't have a hiding place like this jerkwad has been cowering in for weeks:angry::angry:

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score

The problem is that the lions are rapidly going extinct. Less than 40 years ago, there were over 200,000 lions. Today fewer than 30,000 (for you non-Americans 30.000). According to reports I've seen, over 700 males are being killed like this, every year. They can't continue to lose more males than are being born and surviving into adulthood. They will lose a genetically viable population. The same thing is happening to elephants, an intelligent and self aware specy, along with mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, etc. We are losing more species today than at any time since the dinosaurs went extinct. There has to be a change in our attitude towards wildlife. At present, there is still no way to bring back the extinct. What happened with the dentist, hopefully, was a tipping point