• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2018

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
AUSTRALIA: Jessica Mauboy - We Got Love

9c631f8fa1.jpg

Jessica Mauboy is the fourth artist to represent Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest. She'll perform the song 'We Got Love'. Jessica's participation in Eurovision was revealed back in November 2017 by Australian broadcaster SBS.

Jessica Hilda Mauboy (28) is an Australian R&B and pop singer, songwriter, and actress. Born and raised in Darwin, Northern Territory, Mauboy rose to fame in 2006 on the fourth season of Australian Idol. Mauboy, one of Australia's most successful female artists, has collaborated with several international artists such as Flo Rida, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Jay Sean, and Pitbull. She has also toured with Beyoncé and Chris Brown, and performed at many notable events, including the Australian visits for Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and US President Barack Obama.

Jessica Mauboy said: "I love the Eurovision Song Contest. I have since I was a little girl watching it with the family in Darwin...Eurovision, to me, is people brought together through a real love of music and all the joy that music can bring. I can’t wait to perform this song live in Portugal and see it connect with a global audience at such a special time."

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
CROATIA: Franka - Crazy

204e970.jpg

HRT, the Croatian national broadcaster announced that Franka Batelić will fly to Lisbon next May and will represent Croatia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with the song 'Crazy'.

Franka Batelić was born 1992 in Rijeka, Croatia. She rose to fame in her native country when she won in 2007 the season of Showtime, a TV show similar to Pop Idol. She is an LGBT rights advocate, and an animal rights activist. She was the face of the Croatian 2009 "Animal's Friend" campaign.

Croatia made its debut in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1993 and has participated 23 times since then. Last year the country was represented by Jacques Houdek with the song My Friend, who finished 12th in the final in Kiev.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
We had the finals of the Swedish melody festival tonight and Benjamin Ingrosso got a very convincing win with "Dance You Off":

So this year Sweden is sending gay boi Benjamin to the ESC!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
SWEDEN: Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off

We had the finals of the Swedish melody festival tonight and Benjamin Ingrosso got a very convincing win with "Dance You Off":

So this year Sweden is sending gay boi Benjamin to the ESC!

Here is an interesting fact about him: Benjamin Ingrosso (20) is cousin with a Swedish DJ and record producer Sebastian Ingrosso, a former member of the electronic music supergroup Swedish House Mafia, together with friends Axwell and Steve Angello.

6348031a0b.jpg

Benjamin won both the International jury voting and the public vote. More than 13,9 million votes were received for the Final of Melodifestivalen 2018. (As of 31 December 2015, the population of Sweden was estimated to be 9.85 million people.) Melodifestivalen is more than just the selection process for Sweden's Eurovision entry; it's as much a part of the national culture as Midsummer. :p

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
NORWAY: Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song

2842802020.jpg

It's the return of Rybak! Norway's most recent winner of the Eurovision Song Contest, Alexander Rybak, is set to return to the competition in Lisbon with the song That's How You Write a Song after winning the national selection, Melodi Grand Prix.

Alexander Rybak (31) became known all over Europe when he represented Norway and won Eurovision Song Contest in 2009. He broke all previous records with 387 points. The song, Fairytale, topped the European charts after his victory, and his album Fairytales was released in 25 countries.

Norway made its debut in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1960 and has won the contest three times. The country has finished last more times than any other however in the case of Jahn Teigen, who scored zero in 1978, it turned him into a star!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
SAN MARINO: Jessika Feat. Jenifer Brening - Who We Are

sanmarinoa.jpg

San Marino held a national selection for Eurovision for the first time this year. Jessika (feat. Jenifer Brening) has won '1in360' and will represent the country with the song 'Who We Are' at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon.

Jessika (28) is a Maltese singer-songwriter and actress. She was discovered on Malta national television in 2008 during the Malta Song for Europe Festival. Jenifer Brening (21) comes from Berlin, Germany. She discovered YouTube as her earliest platform and published several cover versions of international hits gaining her recognition around the world.

San Marino's first Eurovision participation was in 2008. Since then, the country has made it to the Grand Final only once, in 2014, when Valentina Monetta took to the stage for third consecutive time with the song Maybe.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Here is an interesting fact about him: Benjamin Ingrosso (20) is cousin with a Swedish DJ and record producer Sebastian Ingrosso, a former member of the electronic music supergroup Swedish House Mafia, together with friends Axwell and Steve Angello.

6348031a0b.jpg

Benjamin won both the International jury voting and the public vote. More than 13,9 million votes were received for the Final of Melodifestivalen 2018. (As of 31 December 2015, the population of Sweden was estimated to be 9.85 million people.) Melodifestivalen is more than just the selection process for Sweden's Eurovision entry; it's as much a part of the national culture as Midsummer. :p

Some more biographical tidbits on Benjamin: He's the son of Pernilla Wahlgren and Emilio Ingrosso. Benjamin's mum stood where Benjamin stands now in the mid 1980s, singing one of the real classical popsongs of that era, "Piccadilly Circus" - this is the English version!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
LITHUANIA: Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old

ievazasima.jpg

The Lithuanians have decided: The winner of "Eurovizijos" dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka 2018 is Ieva Zasimauskaitė with the song When We're Old, who will go to Lisbon and represent Lithuania at Eurovision Song Contest 2018.

Since the age of seven, Ieva Zasimauskaitė (24) was inducted into the vocal class of the Kaunas Aleksandras Kačanauskas Music School in Žaliakalnis. After eight years she completed the subject "Estradian Singing". She also participated in various competitions and festivals.

Lithuania has been taking part of Eurovision Song Contest 18 times since its debut in 1994. The debuting year 1994 Lithuania ended last, and the best result is from 2006 where LT United performed the iconic song "We Are The Winners (of Eurovision)". It didn't win though, but went 6th.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
BULGARIA: EQUINOX - Bones

equinoxbul.jpg

Bulgaria are hoping they have saved the best until last. After finishing in the top five for two years running, they’re out for a win. They’ve put together five singers for the job: Equinox. The band will sing “Bones” at Eurovision 2018.

Equinox is made up of five singers, all from various backgrounds, from both Bulgaria and abroad. They are Zhana Bergendorff, Georgi Simeonov, Johnny Manuel, Trey Campbell and Vlado Mihailov. Their Eurovision entry, Bones, was produced by Symphonics International (Borislav Milanov, Trey Campbell, Joacim Persson and Dag Lundberg), who were responsible for Bulgaria's recent success in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Bulgaria made his debut at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 and has participated in the competition 11 times. in 2016 Poli Genova took the country to its best ever placing, fourth in the Grand Final. In 2017 Kristian Kostov beat Poli's record and went on to finish second in the Grand Final with his song Beautiful Mess.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
RUSSIA: Julia Samoylova - I Won't Break

dgue56.jpg

Broadcaster Channel One Russia has premiered the video of 'I Won't Break', the song that Julia Samoylova will perform at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. Following her ban from Ukraine, Julia's participation in the 2018 competition was confirmed earlier this year.

Yuri Aksyuta, Head of Delegation for Russia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest and Head of Music Programming at Channel One Russia, said: "We have a great performer, a great song and a beautiful show full of meaning. As always, we expect a lot from the contest that is very popular in our country. Russia is back!"

Russia made its debut in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994 but didn't win until Dima Bilan lifted the trophy in Belgrade in 2008 with the song Believe. In recent years Russia has become one of the most successful countries at the Eurovision Song Contest.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
ISRAEL: Netta - TOY

netta.jpg

Netta won the Israeli national selection The Next Star for Eurovision 2018 in February. And on Sunday the Israeli broadcaster revealed her song “Toy”, made by Doron Medalie and Stav Beger. If you’re a hardcore Eurovision fan, you should know Doron, as he also wrote “Golden Boy” and “Made of Stars”, the Israeli songs at Eurovision 2015 and 2016.

Netta is 25 years old, and she performs in clubs and weddings in Tel Aviv. She has a unique look, which reflects her unique musical style: She’s a one-woman show that you have to watch in order to understand.

Israel first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1973 and participated 40 times since making their debut. They won the competition three times.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
MACEDONIA: Eye Cue - Lost And Found

2910332220.jpg

‘Lost and Found’ is the name of the song to be performed by Eye Cue for the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon next May. The highly anticipated music video for ‘Lost and Found’ was premiered on Sunday evening on the FYR Macedonia’s Television (MRT) evening news programme Dnevnik 2 and has been eagerly awaited since last February’s announcement of Eye Cue as the FYR Macedonia’s representatives at Eurovision.

Eye Cue is made up of vocalists, Bojan Trajkovski and Marija Ivanovska. They’re often joined by drummer Ivo Mitkovski, but there’s no reference to Ivo in the press release. They’ve been working together since 2007, and have had a number of successes on Balkan charts: their 2010 song, “Not This Time”, was one of the 20 most popular videos of the year on MTV Adria.

Macedonia certainly has been “lost” in recent Eurovision history. They’ve failed to make the final since 2012, when Kaliopi finished 13th with “Crno i Belo”. Five acts have tried and failed to make the final since then, including Kaliopi herself.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Broadcast Ban By Russia Because Clip Features Gay Couple

Ryan O'Shaughnessy

@Ryan_Acoustic

The Russians are now threatening a broadcasting ban because of my video for ‘Together’. Anti-gay propaganda regime at its finest! Hilarious if you ask me.. #IDareYou

The Irish Independent reports:

Ireland’s 2018 Eurovision entry could face a broadcast ban in Russia as the video for the song features a gay couple. Ryan O’Shaughnessy will represent Ireland in Lisbon with self-penned track Together.

The video features a male couple dancing in Dublin’s Temple Bar. However there has been speculation that the video violates Russia’s strict anti-gay “propaganda” ban. Eurovision rules mean participating countries must broadcast all entries during the live broadcast or face a possible ban.

While the promotional video for the song features a gay couple, it is not yet known if the live Eurovision stage performance will. Countries are not obliged to broadcast promotional videos for entries, just the live performance at Eurovision.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
GEORGIA: Iriao - For You

iriaologo1.jpg

After being announced way back in December, Iriao’s entry “For You” is finally out. Composed by Davit Malazonia, “For You” or “Sheni gulistvis” is sung entirely in Georgian.

Iriao creates unique music which is a mix of jazz and Georgian ethno folk. The founder of the band David Malazonia is considered to be one of the first Georgian composers, who combined these two genres. For the last 30 years he has been composing music for theater pieces and TV projects as well as for musicians and bands both in Georgia and Germany.

Georgia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007. Georgia has only ever missed one contest since their debut, this was in 2009 when Georgia had selected Stephane & 3G with “We Don’t Wanna Put In”, the song proved controversial for its lyrics aimed at the Russian President. The EBU asked for Georgia to rewrite the lyrics of the song or change the song completely. Georgia was forced to withdraw as it continued to state the lyrics were not of a political nature.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Who is your favourite to win Eurovision 2018?

We now know all 43 participating songs of Eurovision 2018!

What do you think who will win Eurovision Song Contest 2018?

Bookmakers have predicted Israel :thinking:

fsbafyf.jpg

portugal10

Reaction score
So I'ts my big night. As a Eurovision "oldie" the past few years have seen me shy away from national finals etc and wait until all songs have been chosen before hearing. I've heard my own(UK) entry as I watched the selection show in Feb but as for the other 42 entries, not a single note.

And tonight all 43 songs will be heard in full! (I'm a bit moist I admit!)

What am I to expect?

First up will be the Netherlands. Hated his '14 entry so thought I'd get it out of the way! Last to be heard will be Portugal...The reason I fell in love with the contest and hence my name. The purest essence of Eurovision purpose...to promote an honest sound from your motherland and something they have so often done. Sadly with little result!

Israel and the Czech Rep. sound intriguing but could also be fan overhype.

Regardless this time tomorrow I will have my first ranking of the 43 songs.

Wish me luck. The wine is already chilling ;)

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
In Memoriam

Lys Assia, winner of the first Eurovision Song Contest in 1956, has passed away. She was 94 years old.

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
So I'ts my big night. As a Eurovision "oldie" the past few years have seen me shy away from national finals etc and wait until all songs have been chosen before hearing. I've heard my own(UK) entry as I watched the selection show in Feb but as for the other 42 entries, not a single note.

And tonight all 43 songs will be heard in full! (I'm a bit moist I admit!)

What am I to expect?

First up will be the Netherlands. Hated his '14 entry so thought I'd get it out of the way! Last to be heard will be Portugal...The reason I fell in love with the contest and hence my name. The purest essence of Eurovision purpose...to promote an honest sound from your motherland and something they have so often done. Sadly with little result!

Israel and the Czech Rep. sound intriguing but could also be fan overhype.

Regardless this time tomorrow I will have my first ranking of the 43 songs.

Wish me luck. The wine is already chilling ;)

I loved Netherlands '14, in fact it was my 1st before all the hype they got during the semifinals. But I don't like Waylon's entry at all.

My favorite for this year is still Italy :)

portugal10

Reaction score
Bottom 5 for Waylon in my rankings this year. I "like" Italy but this and a few others (Romania, Iceland) just dosn't go in the direction I want it too and they sound unfinished. But hey what do I know. I have Germany as my number 1!!