• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Texas Lawmakers Celebrate 10 Years of Gay Marriage Ban With Cake

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Texas Lawmakers Celebrate 10 Years of Gay Marriage Ban With Cake
Cosmopolitan | By Rebecca Rose | FEB 26, 2015 @ 9:23 PM EST

This is depressing

2075672976d40d3f3b8cc8d918971b906cf000be.jpg

This is not what the glorious creation known as cake was intended for.

On Tuesday, a group of Republican lawmakers from Texas celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the state's ban on gay marriage by treating themselves to some cake. The group was joined by Texas Values, a conservative coalition, the Houston Chronicle reports.

The Texas Values Facebook page shared the photo, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Texas Marriage Amendment:

Today at our Faith and Family Day celebration we honored the 10th anniversary of Texas' marriage amendment defining marriage as #1Man1Woman. We are thankful to have so many great Texas legislators committed to standing for marriage. No doubt Texas is committed to defending marriage!
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick was on-hand to cut the cake, telling a crowd of supporters the fight to stop same-sex marriage was "a battle."

"We will be victorious, because with God, who can be against us? We know how it all ends," Patrick said.

On February 17, a Texas judge ruled that the state's ban on gay marriage violated the U.S. Constitution. The very next day, Sarah Goodfriend and Suzanne Bryant became the first same-sex couple to obtain a marriage license. The Texas Supreme Court later issued an emergency block on same-sex marriage licenses. State Rep. Cecil Bell, who was present at the cake-cutting ceremony, has proposed a law that would withhold pay from government workers who even attempt to issue a same-sex marriage license.

As a proud Texas resident, all this disappoints me deeply. To not only prevent couples from having the basic right to marry is disturbing enough, but to celebrate it with cake is downright depressing.

But it's not all bad news for the LGBT community in the Lone Star state. Earlier this week, Dallas approved same-sex benefits for the city's police and firefighters, a move that shows there are still many in Texas who believe in LGBT rights and are willing to fight for it. So don't worry — the battle is far from over.

SOURCE

I wonder what they will be eating when the Supreme Court delivers it's decision that makes Gay Marriage Equality the law of ALL the land? I think a heaping helping of 'crow' will be on the menu for all the bigots of the land, lol.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
Carefully observing their faces looks like a bunch of frustrated, depressed with no self-esteem.
Surely between of them there will also be some gay repressed and assume that these are the worst enemies of equal rights.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
As an American I feel I must explain something to our European friends. Here in America this is hardly a newsworthy story, it's a "page 9, section B" story at best.
Not because it concerns gay equality, but because it's FUCKING TEXAS! Were so used to hearing backwards-ass shit from them that it no longer even registers with the rest of the country. Please remember, this is the state that gave us the Bush's and has been trying to secede from the rest of the country since before the Civil War. Hell, half of those fuck-tards actually believe Texas is a separate country...

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
Here in America this is hardly a newsworthy story, it's a "page 9, section B" story at best.
Not because it concerns gay equality, but because it's FUCKING TEXAS!

Yep, I can confirm that brmstn69 is absolutely right. There have to be some normal people in Texas, and I'm sure some of them are members of this forum, but as a state they are nuts!

Stories like this in any other state (including Alabama, Oklahoma, & Kansas) would make some news because, while crazy, those states might still have a minuscule bit of redeeming social value. Texas, though...we actually EXPECT stories like this from there.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Who'd a thought I'd be the person to defend Texas - but I think someone needs to speak up for the pockets of sanity in that state - places like Austin really don't deserve to be lumped in with the loonies!

Also - Huston Texas has an openly gay mayor (Annise Parker), so these evil shits really don't represent all Texans.

I think ceding all of Texas to the nuts is actually playing into their hands - they want everyone to assume all of Texas thinks like them, but that's not actually true!

If it were not for Gerrymandering, a lot of these extremist loons would not hold office at all!

B.

cban

Reaction score
The hate in their hearts is sickening: of course, from the picture I can guess it is self-loathing at the "impure" thoughts many of them cannot get out of their head. They need counseling.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Ah... I love cake! :heart:

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
OK, gb2000ie, you got me! I admit I overloaded on my disgust for the state of Texas. There are actually many good and normal people who live there; I even know a few personally. Austin is actually a very progressive city, but sadly, as you mentioned, it's been gerrymandered so wildly that its citizens have virtually no voice in the state government.

My main point, though, I still stand behind: Texas is crazy as a state, i.e. the official state government and most of its members.