• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

USA Today Columnist Cal Thomas: Gay Marriage Is A Sign of the 'End Tim

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
USA Today Columnist Cal Thomas: Gay Marriage Is A Sign of the 'End Times'
HuffPost | By Michelangelo Signorile | 03/04/2015 9:54 am EST

Long-time conservative columnist Cal Thomas writes a syndicated column for Tribune Media, which appears in respected newspapers across the country, from the Baltimore Sun to Newsday, offering conservative positions on everything from immigration to Iran’s nuclear program. He also co-writes a separate column for USA Today. The subtitle of his new book, ‘What Works?” -- for which Sean Hannity wrote the forward -- promises “common sense solutions for a stronger America.”

Thomas also believes that gay marriage is a sign of the “end times." For that reason he predicts that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of marriage equality and that there’s not much he can do about it because “everything is right on schedule.”

“I think it’s going to go 5-4 or even 6-3 in favor of same-sex marriage. All of these things are not the cause of our decadence, they’re a reflection of it,” he told me in an interview for SiriusXM Progress at the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland on Saturday. He’d just moderated a panel that included right-wing radio host Dana Loesch and Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and focused on what Christian conservatives view as a threat to “religious freedom,” mostly from the LGBT rights movement.

“If you read the Scriptures, as I do, in both testaments all of these things are forecast in prophesies, in the book of Daniel and what Jesus and Paul said, so I'm not worried about it,” Thomas continued, describing his surprising reaction to the Supreme Court possibly ruling in favor of marriage equality. “I say everything is right on schedule. I’m trying to shore up my own family first and, hopefully, that will be an example to other people… If you look at not only what Jesus said, but Paul the Apostle, about what things would be like in the end times, people will be lovers of lies rather than the truth. They will elevate things that are called abomination in scripture to normality… All of the prophesies up to the final ones have come true. And that’s why I say that everything is right on schedule.”

SOURCE

This kind of shit is part and parcel of the religious right's delusional thinking.

jw4833

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Well...this is a confirmation of what I always say in regard to this topic...There are lot of people who say that society is improving on accepting homosexuality and there are a lot of people who are in total agreement of this guy's point of view. Although things are much better in some ways ...however...this is an ongoing struggle that I personally feel that after all of this time...get over it and let it go and move on for Christ's sake...

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
If I had a penny for ever sign of the end-times that proved to be a typo I'd be rich!

B.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
If you really have read the Bible - both testaments, all books and not just your favourite lines - you know that there are so many abominations, most of which nobody cares any more, not even the traditional evangelical biblethumpologist Cal Thomas.

From the OT (Exodus 22:25, Leviticus 25:35-37,Deuteronomy 23:19-20, Psalms 15, Hesekiel 18:13) through the NT (Luke 6:34-35) , through all bloody church meetings (councils of Elvira 300 AD, Nicea 325, Clichy 626, 2nd Lateran 1139, 3rd Lateran 1179, 4th Lateran 1215, Lyon 1274, Vienne 1311) and theological (Petrus Lombardus, Thomas of Chobham, Bonaventura, Thomas Aquinas) and canonist (Gratianus, Urban III, Gregorius IX) teachings until the early 17th century, "everybody" knew that taking interest in money on money loans was a abomination, because this was the usual traditional definition of USURY - and as every reader of Ezra Pound knows, USURY is CONTRA NATURA.

But in the 17th century strange things starts happening. For some reason christians started foregetting what they had known for centuries and millennia, and usury stopped being such a shitty word or it got a new definition - according to the traditional definition ANY interest in money on money loans constituted usury, but according to the new definitions that got popular in the times of National Banks (Bank of Sweden, Bank of England etc) usury was unreasonably high interest.

What happened was - of course - that interest on money loans became one of the fundamentals of that new economic system called capitalism.

So there are abominations and abominations, and the reason why evangelical biblethumpologists want to talk about one, but not the other has got nothing to do with the Bible.