• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

...'Modern Family' Couple The Gay Equivalent Of 'Blackface'

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Jesse Tyler Ferguson Responds After Tuc Watkins Deems 'Modern Family' Couple The Gay Equivalent Of 'Blackface'

modern-family-jesse-tyler-ferguson-eric-stonestreet-55279.jpg

Jesse Tyler Ferguson took to social media after a fellow actor criticized the portrayal of a same-sex couple on "Modern Family" as being "the gay equivalent of 'blackface.'"

The 39-year-old Ferguson, who has nabbed five Emmy nominations for his work on "Modern Family," said he knew "lots of guys" who could relate to Cam (Eric Stonestreet) and Mitch (Ferguson).

"We can't be expected to represent every gay person," he wrote on Facebook. "We can only represent these two people. Also, Mitch is basically a version of me...so I never know how to take it when people say that he is stereotypical. And in defense of Cam, I still can't figure out how a clown & football coach who also happens to be gay is a stereotype."

He went on to note, "As a closeted kid of the '80s I would have loved to have had a show like 'Modern Family' to watch with my parents. It would have meant a lot to me to see who I secretly was reflected on television. TV has come a long way and it continues to forge new ground."

You can check out Ferguson's full Facebook post here.

Ferguson's remarks followed those of "Desperate Housewives" actor Tuc Watkins. The openly gay Watkins, who played Bob Hunter on "Housewives" and can currently be seen on "Awkward," said he had "a hard time laughing at the gay guys" on "Modern Family," arguing that the show's portrayal of a same-sex couple "doesn't feel 'modern' at all."

"It feels a little bit like the gay equivalent of 'blackface,'" he added, according to reports. "Sure, people come in all shapes, sizes, etc. So why are we fed such '80s stereotypes every week?"

Earlier this year, "Modern Family" came under fire from the American Family Association's Bryan Fischer, who argued that the ABC series was "designed to make you think that same-sex households are wonderful" and "the optimum nurturing environment for children," while depicting heterosexual marriage as "bondage, dreary," and "gloomy."

"People are just watching TV to be entertained," Fischer said at the time, "not realizing that their view of life is being twisted in a way that's very harmful to them and harmful to our culture."

SOURCE

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
If you're getting criticised from two such divergent points of view, you're probably doing something right!