• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Colin Farrell's emotional plea for marriage equality

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Colin Farrell's emotional plea for marriage equality

202199467513bca8905169715d5476b7f8a35f0d.jpg

Colin Farrell put pen to paper and wrote a heartfelt plea for marriage equality today.

In an open letter, Farrell spoke about his younger brother Eamon's experiences with homophobia, physical abuse and his own feelings towards marriage equality.

Here's his letter, in full and unedited.

I think I found out my brother wasn’t grovelling in heterosexual mud like most boys our age when I was around 12. I remember feeling surprised. Intrigued. Curious. Not bi-curious before you start getting ideas.

I was curious because it was different from anything I’d known or heard of and yet it didn’t seem unnatural to me. I had no reference for the existence of homosexuality. I had seen, by that age, no gay couples together. I just knew my brother liked men and, I repeat, it didn’t seem unnatural to me.

My brother Eamon didn’t choose to be gay. Yes, he chose to wear eyeliner to school and that probably wasn’t the most pragmatic response to the daily torture he experienced at the hands of school bullies.

But he was always proud of who he was. Proud and defiant and, of course, provocative. Even when others were casting him out with fists and ridicule and the laughter of pure loathsome derision, he maintained an integrity and dignity that flew in the face of the cruelty that befell him.

I don’t know where those bullies are now, the ones who beat him regularly. Maybe some of them have found peace and would rather forget their own part of a painful past. Maybe they’re sitting on bar stools and talking about “birds and faggots” and why one’s the cure and the other the disease.

But I do know where my brother is. He’s at home in Dublin living in peace and love with his husband of some years, Steven. They are about the healthiest and happiest couple I know. They had to travel a little farther than down the aisle to make their vows, though, to Canada, where their marriage was celebrated.

That’s why this is personal to me. The fact that my brother had to leave Ireland to have his dream of being married become real is insane. INSANE.

It’s time to right the scales of justice here. To sign up and register to vote next year so that each individual’s voice can be heard

How often do we get to make history in our lives? Not just personal history. Familial. Social. Communal. Global. The world will be watching. We will lead by example. Let’s lead toward light.

SOURCE

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
What a beautiful and heartfelt letter!

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Colin is an artist as well as a hottie. And he has the self awareness to know that he can make his celebrity count.
A beautiful letter.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I can only repeat what Gorgik9 has said before: WHAT A BEAUTIFUL AND HEARTFELT LETTER!

I know Colin Farrell only as an actor from his films, where mostly he is a very tough guy!
I wouldn't have reckoned that he has such an emotional side! But you see film is film and a real person is a real person with all these emotions.

How often do we get to make history in our lives? Not just personal history. Familial. Social. Communal. Global. The world will be watching. We will lead by example. Let’s lead toward light.

And these words, written by Colin Farrell are the best, the most emotional and most veritable words I've ever heard or read because these words are showing us his deep, sheer love for his brother.

I've been very moved!

noiraud

Reaction score
Kudos to the man for his public and incredibly well-penned appeal. :applause:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I can only repeat what Gorgik9 has said before: WHAT A BEAUTIFUL AND HEARTFELT LETTER!

I know Colin Farrell only as an actor from his films, where mostly he is a very tough guy!
I wouldn't have reckoned that he has such an emotional side! But you see film is film and a real person is a real person with all these emotions.

And these words, written by Colin Farrell are the best, the most emotional and most veritable words I've ever heard or read because these words are showing us his deep, sheer love for his brother.

I've been very moved!

Hello Shelter (and everybody else)!

Colin Farrell hasn't made only movies about "very tough guys".

One of the best examples of a movie, where Colin is cast as the opposite of the very tough guy-stereotype is A Home at the End of the World (2004), based on Michael Cunningham's novel and directed by Michael Mayer.
So here we go - 93 minutes of Colin Farrell at his best!!!

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Gorgik I want to excuse myself. I have not had the intention to reduce Mr. Farrell only to "tough-guys". And I know too this wonderful film "Ein Zuhause am Ende der Welt" (the German title.) Thank you that you are sharing this film with all of us here once more.

Nevertheless I haven't expected such a moving letter from him - don't ask me why. But through this letter, in which he is revealing his love for his brother, I love him more than I've done it before.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well I'll be damned - I had no idea Farreller was such a mensch - much respect!