• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Is any other Mac user having this happen?

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score
When was trying to help another member identify the guy he posted in New Posts, I switched from my Chrome browser to Safari, to use Tin Eye reverse image search. What I noticed was that the lists in New Posts were completely different. I couldn't find his post on Safari and the times of the latest posts were different. But, even checking posts that were added at around the same time, showed that there were different posts showing up. Moreover, on Safari, when I tried to click on page 2 to check more posts, I kept getting a message that said: Sorry no matches. Going from page one to page two was no problem on Chrome. Is this a common problem on Safari? I generally use Chrome as my browser, so I'm not sure if this is a regular occurrence. Thanks for any input you can give.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm a Mac user, but I use FireFox rather than Safari, so I'm not much help.

One thing that may be relevant is that I think this site uses cookies for tracking what you have and haven't seen, so, if you change browser, you loose your cookies, so you loose your viewed/unviewed history.

If I'm right in that assumption, and I'm only about 66% sure of it, then simply changing browser will cause issues, regardless of your OS etc..

B.

name_1

Streamer
Reaction score
Oh wow. @luvmuslmen, seems like you are right. I just did a check. I use opera on a regular basis, and since you mentioned your comparison was from chrome and safari, I did a check using chrome then safari.
Chrome showed the same thread results as Opera, which I assumed was the accurate depiction of the status of the forum threads.

Safari gave a whole different result. Do look at the screenshots: Opera first, then next two are from safari:

Note the huge number of sticky threads that is returned when using safari, but only three when using opera, which is the same from chrome.

Isn't interesting? Safari generating a totally different webpage than chrome/opera. I'm thinking it is something to do with the web protocol used. I recall reading that opera took on the same protocols as chrome, webkit? Not very sure. Maybe Safari is using a whole different protocol, resulting in a different page?

UPDATE: Just as I was about to post this, I went back and tried clicking post to see if there were issues with the functionality. I noticed the latest posts were only up till 2015. Then I went to the main page, which had links to the latest post, which was indeed the latest (today). I clicked that, loaded that latest post, clicked back to the Help Centre and hey! its the updated one:

I logged out, closed the windows, quit the application, restarted, login once more and its still the updated one in Safari.

So.. I don't think there is a problem, just a peculiar manifestation. Unless others have the same problem but did not get the same miracle 'cure'?

(What a roller coaster right? Sorry if I alarmed you/ the staff initially :cheers:)

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
So.. I don't think there is a problem, just a peculiar manifestation. Unless others have the same problem but did not get the same miracle 'cure'?

(What a roller coaster right? Sorry if I alarmed you/ the staff initially :cheers:)

It's just cookies not being shared between browers.

B.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Cookies are shared between browsers? :? Didn't know that. Thank you for the information :)

Sometimes - it depends on the browser and the OS.

For example, OS X has a system-wide cookie store which some browsers do, and some browsers don't, use.

B.