• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Beautifully Scarred (poem)

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
I wrote this poem a few years ago, when I seriously began to follow my dream into being a writer. I don't like showing off my poems too much because not only are they personal, but sometimes I don't believe they are the best... but this is one I'm kind of proud of. Let me know what you guys think...

It’s been said on many occasions; by many a person
That the greatest wish by man is to destroy a painful remnant of the past
From broken hearts to embarrassing times
Stupid lies or committing crimes
A part of their history diminished
An unwanted memory deleted; finally finished

I wondered about this, too
If such a wish could be granted
And came to the decision that I wouldn’t want it
So much has happened to me
And it’s made me into the man I chose to be
It has left me scarred
Beautifully scarred
Every part of me designed in such a way that leaves me unique
A war fought during my life
That only I could survive

Scars that define the victories and defeats I’ve endured
From the hugs of my mother to the sins of my father
Cuts of a 6-year-old being molested
To a 3rd grader highly tested
The burns of a first crush
Wounds of a near-death brush
Scrapes on a broken heart
Hold memories when Justin and I broke apart
Gushes of blood from a friend’s lie
And remembering how my grandmother died
And the occurrences of being used for sex
Hold it in like a protective vest

There is so much pain that lies within me
Confusion. Anger. Sorrow.
But, if I could change it all tomorrow
I would leave it all the same
I have played and continue to play this game of life
And with everything thrown my way
I emerge from it all stronger, wiser and beautiful
And beautifully scarred.​

X

XMan101

All poetry is personal, it's what's inside that creates them and releases those inner feelings & thoughts into words. It's what makes poetry something slightly different than any other form of writing.

That's certainly true with this, very sensitive , and also very optimisitic.

Thanks for sharing it :)

fieldofsnow

Reaction score
Wow, that's very good. The things that mean the most to us are the hardest thing to share with others, but that's what makes them beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this piece with us, it's... beautifully sad.

H

Haplo

And you have the rights to be proud of this. It's sadly deep, but still beatiful and optimistic...

Thanks for sharing it!

S

Squallmuzza

I can understand how private some of your pieces must be. The only reason I share as I do is because I consider everything to be a part of me, it's fact, therefore why hide it?

I guess this piece encompasses exactly how I feel about myself really. Despite all the crap you go through on the road, you still arrive at who you are today. With what you've gained today. And that is truly priceless.

Lovely piece and thanks for sharing it =)