• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Do You Think American Idol Should Have Been Revived ?

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
No. I think there are too many talent hunt shows. When one finally dies they should let it rest in peace, lol.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
It was a cool concept like 15 years ago, it's stale as f**k now. I think the show is going to tank and it's not due to Ryan Seacrest. It's due to being boring. :rolling eyes:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I was an American Idol fan through Season 8 (Adam Lambert / Kris Allen) but after that my interest cooled. I saw the end of the final season and liked some of the performances - it was good enough to have on in the background while I did other things. But I was happy that it was given a peaceful burial before it fell into total obscurity.

I have not been happy that it is back. I think that one thing that it finally got right in its last couple of seasons on Fox was the panel of judges - Harry Connick, Keith Urban and Jennifer Lawrence were professional and personable.

I agree with W!nston - there are too many singing talent shows. AI can be proud that they were the first and the top-rated, but I don't see them adding anything to the mix. And really - in the past 10 years have any new stars been discovered on all these shows? The only ones I can think of are One Direction and that really was a while ago. But that's what these shows are supposed to be doing, and I don't see it happening. The whole concept is pre-YouTube, which kind of gives everyone a shot.

But, I will check back when the live shows start in a week and a half and see what's there. But I am not hopeful. I am not expecting anything more than music to fold laundry and pay bills by.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
Thanks to those who replied :big hug:
I'll probably watch an episode (or part of one) just out of curiosity but I'm not expecting much.

mattla

Reaction score
Not a big fan of these shows in general - granted I have not watched that much. The beginning of the season has people making complete fools of themselves - I mean some of them are just really awful and completely clueless. It does not seem that the - I guess implied - promise of success to the winner has really come true for more than a very few. I have watched parts of the finalist shows and they certainly have talent and ability so I wonder if they were just not being managed or promoted as they should have been. So I kind of feel sorry for many of the winners.

prickles

Reaction score
No. I wish all these talent shows would take a break from TV. It's all about the hype and back stories now.

Arctictwin

Reaction score
Absolutely but it needs (another) complete overhaul. More relevant judges. More original songs.

SWAGGA

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
i lost interest after all the damned commercials

Whtrbbit

Reaction score
nope. I thought they brought it back to soon. I haven't watched any of the new version.