• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

Berbatos

Reaction score
This is my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Great to see here an admirer of classical music.

kicker

Reaction score
I love classic organ music like this:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
(O Fortuna)

This piece always reminds me of the first time I heard it - at the opening ceremonies of the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.

la-me-ln-city-council-los-angeles-2024-olympic-bid-20150826.jpg

FtFgFh

Reaction score
I can advice the Persian market by Ketelbey!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

It's the musical theme of one of the greatest movies of the 1960s: Zorba (1964), directed by Mihalis Kakogiannis and with the absolutely unforgettable Anthony Quinn in the dominant male role. To all the great film buffs on GH (haiducii in particular): If you haven't seen this movie you must, it's an absolute must!!!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

The truly remarcable thing about this music - performed for the first time in Wien in 1824 & written in the period 1822-24 - is that it's written by a man who had been completely stone deaf for about 20 years. Stone deaf for 20 years !!!

Oh, Freude, nicht diese Töne...

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
The truly remarcable thing about this music - performed for the first time in Wien in 1824 & written in the period 1822-24 - is that it's written by a man who had been completely stone deaf for about 20 years. Stone deaf for 20 years !!!

Oh, Freude, nicht diese Töne...

He was pregnant with it for much longer. My "title" is a reference to the symphony btw.

My all time favourite recording of this symphony is the Norrington version from his 1990s circle. N. used the composer's directions for the tempi (with one error that occured). Still the best version while Gardiner got all the praise. His company just had better marketing.

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
That is an outstanding work ihno! Thank you.

The version I posted was Riccardo Muti's interpretation with phrasing that is modern rather than the classic.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

On Sunday I've been to the Hans Neubahn's Deutsches Requiem with my parents. I have given my dad a Brahms cd with choral work and one recording of the mere music on two pianos (by Brahms himself) so he knew it a bit but my mom was rather unprepared, both found it very moving. Which it is.

The first time I have heard it all was around five years after I bought my frist recording after a friend of mine ended his life in 1994 because he was gay and wanted to have a life in his catholic village and work as a farmer. Before that I have sticked more to the first three movements (the first peformance in Vienna was limited to the first three movments too as I later read). Nowerdays the last movement, which is above, is my favourite.
The music almost hurts like the second symphony of Mendelssohn, which is almost an Oratorium too. Both are in german and deeply founded in middle-european musical tradition (Schütz).

Brahms was not religiously dogmatic and the center of the work is not so much the salvation but the comfort of the bereaved. In this regard you can always find yourself in it, esp. if you know Hamburgian dryness. Brahms avoided to use the usual jodelage and rumgeschnepfe (show off colorations) but took care that you can understand the words and can follow the meaning.

The salvation again shows in the last movment, which is a mirror of the first movement like you have it so often with church music. The first is about burden, the last about rest and starts very strong and goes directly into you like a spear. Like it said, this work can move you physically.

The (full) Requiem almost had is world premiere in my hometown but the singers of my town were too imcompetent and so it premiered in Bremen in the Cathedral in 1868 with Brahms directing, Joseph Joachim performing also and Clara Schumann in the audience of 2500 people. My hometown managed a performance two years later on Dec. 9 1870, which is my birthday (not actually that date of that year, I'm a little younger).

Third movement for two pianos. Go to 6:24, if you're in a hurry

Last edited:

trencherman

Reaction score
I am willing to listen to any new interpretation of the Goldberg Variations (J. S. Bach BWV 988) and I have several versions of it in my ipod shuffle, Ralph Kirkpatrick and Scott Ross on harpsichord, two versions for the classical guitar, one for a modern reconstruction of a lautenwork which is almost like a harpsichord but with gut strings, an excellent arrangement for string trio and an ethereal version played on the harp. I down-loaded all of them from Youtube and converted them to MP3. I can listen to them over and over again but two of my recent faves are the string trio version played by Mischa Maiski, Nobuko Imai and Julian Rachlin, the harp version came in 32 piecemeal clips but well worth the trouble to download because it’s simply breathtaking, played by Sylvain Blassel on an antique Errard harp.

Last edited: