• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

User locations

S

skyward

How about displaying user location (usually country) beside each user name.

The is no privacy issue because

1. you have to login and then you see a member's location by either visiting their profile or seeing it beside each post they make. If you logout you can do neither of these things so guests never see it -they have to register.

2. Via the user cp we each get to control what in in our location field:
http://www.gayheaven.org/profile.php?do=editprofile (scroll down to see the relevant field). Leave it blank, but in your country, or anything you want even fun things like 'in another world', 'my backyard', 'disneyland'.

Most forums set this function to on....

Anyway just though it would be a good idea and it's helpful for newbies to have that extra piece of info as they try to get to know a bit about the membership.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I thought that function was on - does it not say "Ireland" under my avatar? It definitely did in the past.

I guess I'll know in a few seconds when I hit "post" :)

B.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
As I thought - the feature does exist, because it says "Location: Ireland" under my cute gay Irish Linux penguin.

B.

S

skyward

I can't see it, either under your avatar here or at your profile. I just see your Occupation (typo there btw) and Interests.

I can however see locations of staff here:
http://www.gayheaven.org/showgroups.php

But not on their profiles (I just checked mark_63).

Really the point of it is for registered newbies to have a minimal amount of info to go on when they first join and wonder who everyone is and where they are from.
Users who've been here for ages already probably know or have gotten a sense of countries of other users. So it doesn't make sense not to allow newbies this spec of basic info having registered.

Hopefully some techie will know how to fix it for newbies

mark_63

Reaction score
skyward - the location is enabled on the forum - not all members may choose to allow others to see where they are - if you are not seeing where someone is from it could be a glitch in the system - we are using a rather antiquated VBulletin and it has been patched many times with assorted items - chewing gum, string, and band aids mostly.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score

This is what we see.

That's what I see now too, but when I posted my post, my location was in that list of details under my avatar. Talk about weird!

I'm guessing an admin or a programmer has been tinkering with settings or something?

B.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
That's what I see now too, but when I posted my post, my location was in that list of details under my avatar. Talk about weird!

I'm guessing an admin or a programmer has been tinkering with settings or something?

B.

I think it's been a now-you-see-it-now-you-don't thing for quite a long time, but why that's the case I have no idea at all:?:thinking:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
21536723b72683e5a70500d9505fcf1a1f78e95a.png

"I see member locations..." *in my best Haley Joel Osment whisper*

:D

H

HustleMe15

My location has been off and on. Like right now in my last post it was there. I really noticed it come on when I became a Guru. I thought it might be linked to that. But then it was gone, and now it is back again. Weird!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
My location has been off and on. Like right now in my last post it was there. I really noticed it come on when I became a Guru. I thought it might be linked to that. But then it was gone, and now it is back again. Weird!

Deep mysteries resides in the busom of GH :rofl::rofl::rofl: