• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Windows 10

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
brmstn69

Yes there is an extra bay, I thought the large drive had to be the main one. I will do this if there are no drawbacks as I already have the 4 tb drive in the pc.

No, it is common now days for certain high-performance PC's to come factory equipped with two drives, a large drive for storage and usually a much smaller, but more stable (20-40gig) solid-state drive for the operating system. You get the added bonus of being able to quarantine any virus affecting the operating system and doing a complete factory reset without loosing any files on the storage drive.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, great. I tried to clone it and it made the new larger drive a but I guess I will delete the windows stuff on the new drive and use it just for storage. Thanks

mxccdd

Reaction score
Google / Amazon - usb hard drive transfer kit
I upgraded my hard drives from 250GB to 4TB
I used a hard drive transfer kit. It cloned my hard drive via usb
Then replace the old drive with your new drive

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I got a refurbished windows 10 pc with an i7 processor which works great and it did come with a windows 10 home key. I have a problem though as it only came with a 500gb hard drive. I am wondering if there is any way I can get this copy of windows 10 on a new WD 4GB HD or will I have to buy a new copy of windows. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

I don't know how far you are in the process but I can give you answers.

You have an OEM license of Windows which can only be installed on the PC with which it was sold. Replacing some key components of the computer (like the CPU) could make it think that the PC was different. But not changing the hard drive. Microsoft knows that hard drives break and sometimes have to be replaced. So, you should be fine.

Some general points:

• Reinstalling the OS from the original CD on to a new hard drive gives you a fresh, clean copy of Windows free from any past problems. HOWEVER, the clean install means that you will have to install all of your programs over again. Do you have the software (and any applicable license keys) at hand?
  • Hardware drivers! - Windows will try to find drivers for all your stuff, but just to be on the safe side, go to the web site for the computer mfg and find the Windows 10 drivers for that model of computer. Download them and put them on a USB stick or some other easily accessible media. Especially the network driver. There is no bigger catch-22 than needing to download drivers for a new computer that doesn't see it's network connection. You're screwed.
  • After you install, log in for the first time. If you use a Microsoft-registered ID, then a lot of your settings are saved and can be moved back to the "new" copy of Windows. Then have the computer check of updates. There will be a lot and it will take a couple of reboots and rechecking for updates before you have everything.
  • Tip: Once all the updates are installed and before you install programs, make a backup. This gives you an extra option to go back to a clean slate.
  • If you want the PC to be about 5X faster, use your 4TB drive for data, and get an SSD (75GB or larger) to use as your main Windows drive. Make that your C: drive and install Windows and you programs there. This is the biggest boost in speed you can make to a computer.

Let me know if you hit any roadblocks.

starpipe

Reaction score
Running both

I run both Mac and PC/laptop with Windows 10 & have no preference. It's simply a case of getting used to a different operating system.Tjey all do the same thing after all.

larrywar

Reaction score
I moved from win7 to Win10. And that was the start of myriads of little problems and annoyances. Like: suddenly incorrect passwords, having to refresh download lists before I could download, suddenly not being able to get my email -- all without any advance notice. I developed a nostalgia for Win7.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Horrible to hear all these bad news about WINDOWS 10. I changed from W8 to W10 without any problems. And some days ago I've got the big update - it lastet for nearly 2 hours - and everything is good now again. So why at yours?