• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Teenage boys wear skirts to school ...

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dozens of pupils at Isca academy in Exeter stage uniform protest after school insists they wear trousers despite heatwave.

Some had borrowed from girlfriends, others from sisters. A few had gone the extra mile and shaved their legs. When the Isca academy in Devon opened on Thursday morning, an estimated 30 boys arrived for lessons, heads held high, in fetching tartan-patterned skirts. The hottest June days since 1976 had led to a bare-legged revolution at the secondary school in Exeter.

As the temperature soared past 30C earlier this week, the teenage boys had asked their teachers if they could swap their long trousers for shorts. They were told no – shorts weren’t permitted under the school’s uniform policy.

When they protested that the girls were allowed bare legs, the school – no doubt joking – said the boys were free to wear skirts too if they chose. So on Wednesday, a handful braved the giggles and did so. The scale of the rebellion increased on Thurday, when at least 30 boys opted for the attire.

“Quite refreshing” was how one of the boys described the experience, pointing out that if even Royal Ascot had allowed racegoers in the royal enclosure to remove their jackets, then the school ought to relax its dress code. Another said he rather enjoyed the “nice breeze” his skirt had afforded him.

A third, tall boy said he was told his short skirt exposed too much hairy leg. Some of the boys visited a shop on their way to Isca – the name the Romans gave to Exeter – to pick up razors to make sure they did not fall foul of any beauty police.

Ironically, the temperature had dropped in Exeter to a more manageable 20C, but some boys said they had enjoyed the freedom afforded by the skirts and that they might continue.

The school said it was prepared to think again in the long term. The headteacher, Aimee Mitchell, said: “We recognise that the last few days have been exceptionally hot and we are doing our utmost to enable both students and staff to remain as comfortable as possible.

“Shorts are not currently part of our uniform for boys, and I would not want to make any changes without consulting both students and their families. However, with hotter weather becoming more normal, I would be happy to consider a change for the future.”

It was too late. The revolution was picked up by media organisations across the globe, and Devon county council was forced to help the school out with inquiries. A spokesperson said: “About 30 boys arrived at school this morning wearing school skirts. None of the boys have been penalised – no one was put in isolation or detention for wearing a skirt.”

The mother of one of the boys who began the protest said she was proud of him. Claire Lambeth, 43, said her son Ryan, 15, had come home earlier in the week complaining about the heat. “He said it was unbearable. I spoke to a teacher to ask about shorts and she said it was school policy [that they could not be worn]. I did say this was exceptional weather, but they were having none of it. If girls can wear skirts, why can’t boys wear shorts?

“Ryan came up with the idea of wearing a skirt, so that evening we borrowed one. He wore it the next day – as did five other boys. Then this morning … I didn’t expect it to take off like that. The school is being silly really – this is exceptional weather. I was very proud of Ryan. I think it was a great idea.”

Another mother said: “My 14-year-old son wanted to wear shorts. The headteacher told them: ‘Well, you can wear a skirt if you like’ – but I think she was being sarcastic. However, children tend to take you literally, and because she told them it was OK, there was nothing she could do as long as they were school skirts.”

A third mother said: “Children also don’t like injustice. The boys see the female teachers in sandals and nice cool skirts and tops while they are wearing long trousers and shoes and the older boys have to wear blazers. They just think it’s unfair that they can’t wear shorts in this heat.”

There were signs that the revolution might be spreading. The Guardian has heard of at least one more school in Wiltshire where one boy turned up in a skirt, although it did not go down quite so well with his friends.

Officials at Isca Academy have since said in a statement that although shorts are not part of the uniform for boys, “as summers are becoming hotter, shorts will be introduced as part of our school uniform next year having first consulted with students and parents. We feel that introducing a change in uniform part way through this year would put undue pressure on some of our families.” But until then, the boys apparently will have to wear pants — or possibly those borrowed pleated plaid skirts.:)

***My thoughts...***

First of all, WTF? Since when is 30C / 86F a "heatwave"? Around here where the summer temps regularly get up into the high 90's and often over 100F with 40-50% humidity, 86F is a mild and pleasant day...

And second of all, I don't think the school should reward them for their insolence and allow shorts next year. Instead they should add kilts to the uniform...:p:p

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
When did common sense go out of the window? :thinking:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
My opinion is that all these school uniforms are nonsense and a relict of a long gone time.
These boys have been reacting really good onto the mocking and cynic remark of an idiotic teacher and a more idiotic rule! High Five!!!!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score

***My thoughts...***

First of all, WTF? Since when is 30C / 86F a "heatwave"? Around here where the summer temps regularly get up into the high 90's and often over 100F with 40-50% humidity, 86F is a mild and pleasant day...

Well the temperature here in UK during June is on average 18 to 20 degrees so Wednesdays temp. of 33.5 deg meant it was the hottest June day in 41 years. To put it into perspective today its 20 and forecast to be between 16 and 18 deg over the next week

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
What? They've never heard of a good tartan kilt?

Kilt01-425.png

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wow Topdog - recommend yourself as a designer of the NEW School Uniforms for boys during a heat period in the summertime. -:)

bluemount

Reaction score
It happens whenever it gets hot - 22 July 2016
Four teenage boys have worn skirts to school in protest at being disciplined for wearing shorts on the hottest day.
The year nine students at Longhill High School in Rottingdean, East Sussex, were among about 20 boys who wore PE shorts instead of trousers on Tuesday.
Some were sent home, and others kept in isolation and excluded the next day.
When the four boys turned up in school skirts on Thursday, head teacher Kate Williams said they could "wear any part of the agreed school uniform".
The mother of 14-year-old Michael Parker, who was one of the group, said three of the boys were initially told to remove the skirts, but all four of them kept them on.
Angela Parker said they wore them to school again on Friday, and were joined by a further 10 boys.
The PE shorts worn by the boys on Tuesday were an official part of the uniform, bearing the school logo.
Pupils who changed out of the shorts and back into trousers were not disciplined.
In a statement on Tuesday, Ms Williams told The Argus: "Students have access to water in order to keep themselves hydrated. We have made reasonable steps to ensure that classrooms are as comfortable as possible.
"I have high standards regarding uniform, and today, in the warm weather conditions, these high standards have been challenged by approximately two percent of parents/students."
Another of the pupils, Kodi Ayling, said he put his trousers back on as he did not want to be excluded from school, but when he wore the skirt, Ms Williams "okayed it and said it was alright".
His father, Wesley Allen, said he hoped the protest would persuade the school to reconsider its school uniform policy.
Longhill High School has now broken up for the summer holidays.
From bbc.co.uk