• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Muzic

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
My big passion and love is classical music and opera(I even studied it) but I also like Jazz or the style of Till Brönner. He makes really good music :)

alexfot55

Reaction score
Classical music mostly. But I listen to anything proposed before passing up.

camyoo

Reaction score
All genres except rap, if that is a genre.

cavonzia

Reaction score
i'm enjoy anykind of music but restricted to japanese music only

i find more love to mixed music,especially mixed between classic/ethnic with modern beat/rock

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
My favorite is metal, especially melodic black/death/folk metal and most of my favorite bands are scandinavian.

jw4833

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I listen to all genres of music, but as of late, it's been jazz, quiet storm r&b and some old-school 80's and 90's dance remixes.

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
probably easier to list what i do not like than what i do. love all types of music from medieval/renaissance through to current day. electronic, metal, traditional/ethnic, jazz, blues, reggae, classical, etc etc etc. hopelessly obsessed with music from everywhere on the planet and from all periods of time. always looking for something/someone new or that i haven't heard.

what i don't like is music by committee, manufactured for the market, the shallow pap.. we all know the types of artists i am talking about so i will stop at that :):)

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
There are quite a number of types of music that I enjoy, as well as some genres that I don't.

My original love was classical - with a small 'c', which I inherited from my father, though my tastes were more latter-day classical than his. I was (and am) particularly fond of Debussy and Ravel.

I never liked the pop music of the 1950s and early 60s, but around 1965, when things started to change, I started to get interested in people like the Mamas and the Papas, The Beach Boys, even the Fab Four who were at their most interesting stage in 1966/67.

Later on, along came Elton John. His self-titled album is one that should be in everyone's collection, even if they have no other music by Elton.

And then... I discovered the delights of progressive rock, with bands like Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and the Moody Blues. Some people don't classify the Moodies as progressive, but I think they earned that title with the album Days of Future Passed, the first album to attempt a fusion of rock and classical orchestral styles, and one of the most successful.

What don't I listen to?

Can't stand most disco - there are some exceptions.

I don't like most punk - but I do like The Clash.

I don't like music that relies on technology to impress. Synthesisers are a great invention, but there has to be a decent melody behind it all. Much of the pop music of the 1980s comes across to me as lacking in soul, it's all about someone showing off their latest Roland.

Can't stand most grunge.

Country music - sometimes it's OK, much of the time it's abysmal. Often my problem is with the lyrical themes - :found me a woman", "lost my woman", "my woman's cheating on me", "I'm cheating on my woman".

Lately I find myself listening more and more to what I like to call the generation of "new progressive" acts. Progressive not in the sense of sounding like clones of Yes or Pink Floyd, but building on that legacy and developing their own sound, often introducing elements of metal, a genre that I don't like as a rule, but which can be used to successfully introduce a bit of bite into a song. First among these are Porcupine Tree and other Steven Wilson-related projects; others include Anathema, Opeth and Nosound.

Oh, and I like Coldplay. There, I said it.

Having said that, I am not too impressed with what I have heard from Coldplay's latest album.

I've left out quite a lot of types of music, mainstream and otherwise, that I like, but that will do for now. Perhaps I should add that I like ABBA...

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
I love music in general, without distinction.

Anything, as long as it is enthralling, capturing my "soul" and my emotions.

Obviously depends on the mood of the moment, but I can not imagine a world without music.

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
#1 Jazz & Blues, all the way from its earliest days through Big Band to today. Ken Burns' "Jazz" series was amazing! Favorite singer of all time: Dinah Washington.

#2 Classical, but not so much the atonal & 12-tone stuff (see below). Favorite group of composers: the Romantic Nationalists; my personal Big Three: Beethoven (of course), Schubert, Rachmaninoff.

#3 Anything with a Latin beat; soca is probably the happiest & most fun music I've ever heard. Special mention: Bossa Nova (Jobim)!

Rock: the early stuff through the 70s, then my interest starts to fade. Haven't listened to it at all for about 10 years. Funny thing, I mostly like upbeat rock, but my 2 favorite songs from the rock era are "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly (the sax & strings showed the man's genius) followed by "Love Will Find a Way" by Sam Cooke; they both bring tears to my eyes every time I hear them.

Used to like disco but really hate contemporary dance music and rap; for me music is first and foremost melody and arrangement, both of which are utterly lacking in both of those forms. Also, I love a good beat but NOT a droning thump.

I like Bluegrass but not Country.

Last edited:

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
to me, terms like "alternative" and "indie" mean nothing. Alternative to what? Independent of what? It's not really telling me what sort of music you like.

trencherman

Reaction score
#3 Anything with a Latin beat; soca is probably the happiest & most fun music I've ever heard. Special mention: Bossa Nova (Jobim)!

But have you watched this? One of the most impressive moves I have seen in my lifetime:

lhardwick69

Reaction score
heavy metal hard rock for most part-- linkin park metallica megadeath pantera death then i listen to eminem nsync