• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What games you would like to see as a movie?

prickles

Reaction score
I propose Bioshock.

With its weird setting. Mystery. The morality of what the residents have done. Tweaked out junkies with magical abilities. Monsters in armour. Not to mention the creepy Little Sisters. All ruled over by a mad businessman who believes in a fanatical ideology.

It could make a really creepy and interesting movie.

W

wardell

I have never play Bioshock so I can't say. but would like to see a Witcher movie I know there was one but it was not any good. Skyrim would make a good movie

havocs

Reaction score
I have never play Bioshock so I can't say. but would like to see a Witcher movie I know there was one but it was not any good. Skyrim would make a good movie

Good choices! I'd like to see the Dark Souls series. I have seen a few RPGs get turned into animated movies; a few of the final fantasy games have done this (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV), dragon age had an animated movie (Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker). Not always the best but are entertaining.

W

wardell

I wish they would do a proper movie based off of the first Resident Evil I would love to see Spencer mansion on the big screen like in the HD remake

havocs

Reaction score
You mean a RE taken seriously? I don't think the world is ready for that.
The Uncharted series, isnt that in the making? Also don't forget about the new animated Castlevania series coming to Netflix July 7th! I'm allowing myself to get excited! :thumbs up:

prickles

Reaction score
Like Havocs I've seen a few of the animated movies, to varying levels of enjoyment. I'll have to look for the Dragon Age one though.

Habukaz

Reaction score
Because games and movies are both visual and games used to have so many cinematic cutscenes people assume they are somehow comparable but they're not. Games are fundamentally interactive and movies are fundamentally passive. Adaptations do not work.

havocs

Reaction score
Because games and movies are both visual and games used to have so many cinematic cutscenes people assume they are somehow comparable but they're not. Games are fundamentally interactive and movies are fundamentally passive. Adaptations do not work.

Interesting....I would argue that some games are also meant to have a passive quality to them. Consider the fact that there are so many YouTube channels dedicated to playing games, others simply watch and comment. Not to mention sites like twitch and various video game championships/tournaments. Just like watching sports and sport video games; it may not be directly translatable, yet they are both very successful markets due to their relation to one another.

havocs

Reaction score
But they are not watched as movies but as documentation, in most cases with the off comment of the person playing. This is like watching a sport event.
There is no way of adapting a football game into a movie. The movie would be about a player and just feature the decisive moments of the game.

The Doom movie went a bit into that direction, by loosely adapting the story, most of it not featured in the game anyway, and then using the first person shooter mood (including the perspective) for one scene.

Bio Shock could be adapted by simply adapting the setting with the great art deco look, maybe even included the events hinted at in the main plot, but to have a different story than the player. On a narrative level Bio Shock must be one of the most overrated games of out time.

Good points, that could be the problem. I have watched story modes of some games on YouTube, some games have CGIs and such that build into a story. I sometimes watch fighting matches to learn what tactics people are doing, how they are using characters and sometimes to just be entertained by it. It's all good to me.

That movies often try to be to close to the game itself, when it should be taking certain elements from it. Playing a video game will never be like playing a sport, even if you use VR and such it still isnt the same. A lot of it is perception. Instead of a 'direct' translation, I would love to see a movie in the same world/universe of some games (previously mentioned). That's why I can tolerate Resident Evil, it took several concepts and went in it's own direction. I don't always agree with the direction, and it was the directors choice. Tomb Raider is another one, it has the makings of a great movie since the concepts of the game can be applied to a movie.

Last edited:

prickles

Reaction score
I agree that to simply shoot a movie from a video game would not work. Like with books, there would have to be an adaptation that honoured the source rather than a verbatim port from game to film.

As for Bioshock it went really pretentious and away from the core principles. That any extreme or pure form of government is bad. The concepts of a person just being a tool. And the simple choice that you can do something good or something bad.

Tyromez

Reaction score
I have to look it up but RE is getting rebooted. And I think its an horror director this time so might be more in line with the games.

perrymason12

Reaction score
I would love to see the Shadow Hearts done as a movie or an anime series.

LoveAlwaysAC

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts to me is like a game/movie combo.

The storyline, cutscenes, and gameplay are fantastic and heaps of fun. And all the Disney/Final Fantasy characters bring heavy nostalgia. Its my favorite game series.

Id like to see the team remaster and animate the games into films, and add some more to them. I think they'd be just as big if a hit (or more) in cinema than in gaming.

wawa180859

Reaction score
I'd agree about having movies (notice the plural!) visiting the world of the Witcher. They could do so much with the storylines. Another could be the Dragon Ages series. Or even the Assassin's Creed legacies.

poeboy

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts to me is like a game/movie combo.

The storyline, cutscenes, and gameplay are fantastic and heaps of fun. And all the Disney/Final Fantasy characters bring heavy nostalgia. Its my favorite game series.

Id like to see the team remaster and animate the games into films, and add some more to them. I think they'd be just as big if a hit (or more) in cinema than in gaming.

This this THIS so much! Kingdom hearts is the best

XenoClocke

Reaction score
I'd love to see Fallout, the Witcher, Morrowind, Vampire: Bloodlines all as movies. But all of them would work awesomely as TV series, especially the Elder Scrolls.