• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Thousands Rally Against LGBT Rights In Houston

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thousands Rally Against LGBT Rights In Houston
Think Progress | BY ZACK FORD | November 3, 2014 AT 10:52 AM

I-Stand-Sunday-Anti-Gay-Shirt-638x425.jpg

An “I Stand Sunday” participant donning a “We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Homosexuals” shirt

Sunday evening, some of the most prominent organizations that work against LGBT equality joined together in Houston, Texas to rally in defense of “religious freedom.” The event, called “I Stand Sunday,” was hosted by Grace Community Church, whose pastor, Steve Riggle, was one of the five pastors originally subpoenaed for his role in challenging the LGBT-inclusive Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO).

The subpoenas, which Mayor Annise Parker (D) withdrew last week, were the catalyst for the rally, which largely functioned as a star-studded Christian worship service. Guests like Mike Huckabee, Todd Starnes from FOX News, and Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty preached that religious liberty is under attack from LGBT equality.

The Houston pastors and other anti-LGBT groups are still fighting to overturn HERO, despite the invented controversy over the subpoenas. They oppose the ordinance because it includes sexual orientation and gender identity among the classes that are protected from discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations. Robertson opened his remarks with a joke alluding to the anti-transgender “bathroom bill” rhetoric used to oppose the bill: “For all you ladies, in Texas,” he said, “trust me when I tell you this. When you’re seated in your restroom, putting on your Maybelline, when I need to take a leak I’m not going there.”

Many speakers focused on church revival, but some spoke explicitly in opposition to LGBT protections. Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Erik Stanley was on hand to highlight cases like the bakeries, florists, photographers, and for-profit wedding chapels, who he portrayed as victims for refusing to provide the same services for same-sex weddings that they provide for different-sex weddings. The Benham Brothers were also on hand to discuss how HGTV refused to produce their house-flipping television show because of their anti-LGBT positions.

Brad Pritchett, who has helped defend HERO by managing the HOUequality website, noticed several of the attendees wearing t-shirts that read, “We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Homosexuals,” including some children. The shirts included the URL for the website for No Unequal Rights, the pastors’ campaign to oppose HERO.

An introductory video about the campaign against HERO (complete with scary lightning strikes) included Pastor Willie Davis, one of the Houston-area religious leaders who assisted with the petition to challenge the ordinance at the ballot. He explained that LGBT nondiscrimination protections are “special rights.” “The Civil Rights Act of 1964,” he explained, “is about equal rights, not special rights.” During his remarks at the event, he added, “How can you call something equal when it divides? How can you call something right when it’s all wrong?”

The event also included excerpts from One Generation Away, the Rick Santorum-produced “docudrama” about “religious liberty,” including a clip of author Eric Metaxas claiming that American Christians are facing a threat just like Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer faced with the rise of the Nazis.

LGBT activists countered “I Stand Sunday” with a Positive Impact Day. Instead of spending two hours preaching against equality, they spend the afternoon collecting winter clothes for the less fortunate.

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Those people are the true sinners. Jesus never said anything about homosexuality, instead he spoke of tolerance, forgiveness, and loving the sinner, but hating the sin. Those bitter people are way off. If I was religious myself, I would believe those people are lead by satan in "cunning" disquise. Good that the LGBT people responded with wonderful way, that should show anyone in their right mind that they are not that bad people:)

mrpiz

Super Vip
Reaction score
going by that expression on that woman's face, a bee must have just flown up her ass.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I see a lot of bitter angry scared white people.

A parade of assholes!

james1981

Reaction score
Agree with the previous comments. It must get tiring to constantly be so against something.

The last line of this article brought a smile to my face. :)

ancusp89

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it will take a few generations to bring about any change in people like that.

They have been brainwashed from birth to be narrow minded.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's Texas, what the fuck do you expect from a state that keeps electing members of the Bush clan to office...