• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

roamer

Reaction score
Itzhak Perlman Sarasate Zigeunerweisen

rick71142

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Hoi guys.

I'm ihno and I am new. :) ;P

Seems there are some threads on music but none on classical music. So, who likes it? You can't all listen solely to Madonna. :D

I listen to it a lot, like symphonical and choral music from Purcell to Elgar, with some exceptions.

This is one of my faves, the Requiem from Michael Haydn, which at first resembles of Mozart's (later) Requiem, Joseph's Stabat Mater and Pergolesi.

Do you have any faves?

I've been trying to find this selection for years . I heard it in a movie years ago
Thank You

X

XMan101

Hehe, yes, this may be the reason. In the end just because of a movie...

The movie itself wasn't exactly mainstream and was in itself very much art, although some may call it pretentious, but I found it absorbing and Mahler was a perfect soundtrack.

If it introduces people to something they may never have ordinarily listened to then it's good, many purists are critical of very popular radio stations like the UK's Classic FM because in general it just plays the famous bits in its main output, but often it's hearing these pieces that get some to explore further. Nobody is going to jump straight into some heavy Wagner or Mahler, or even Chopin, it's a gradual thing from hearing the more accessible pieces.

I believe in the past it was quite common to go to a concert of parts of works in just the same way, these symphonies were not necessarily always played in full, and it's still quite common today.

I'm the sort who likes to hear more and likes to hear how the complete work sounded, bit like an extract from a book might encourage you to read the whole novel.

Anything that extends the boundaries is all good ;)

Speaking of popular, always loved this waltz!

This is Franz Lehar conducting his own composition!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Marin Marais : La Folie d´Espagne

Playing the viola da gamba : Jordi Savall.

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Aww, I so like this Japanese Maestro and his huge Bach project is just incredible.

I am always astonished how familiar the Japenese are with the European tradition and not only in case of Bach but also with Beethoven, Brahms, Bruckner - the 3 big B's :D

Well I am in the middle of Lohengrin today - yes, the full 4 hour piece ;)

and I thought to share the ouverture of this wonderful opera here.

It is so calm and has this flow that I call endless melodies, that is very typical for Wagner and I think this is the suction what gets you just deeper and deeper into this.

This was Claudio Abbado's only full recording of a Wagner opera - unfortunately. He really has an absorbing way to present this music and of course Abbado "The Master of Silence" knows how to celebrate the silent passages :heart:

primera9

Reaction score
Symphony No 5 by Ralph Vaughan Wiiliams is amazing as is Symphony No 2 by Sibelius.

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Johann Sebastion Bach - Goldberg Variations

My dear friends,

I'm so glad to share the following clip of the "Aria" of the famous "Goldberg Variations" of Johann Sebastian Bach.

Glenn Gould is playing the 2nd Aria at the end here and this is just so beautiful. Well, last recordings always have someything mystical and a very famous musician said about this recording: "At the end Gould was no longer Gould but Bach"

I just love these variations and Glenn Gould was definitely responsible to give me a huge insight of the work of this master-composer.

Damn, Bach made an aweful lot of this theme (Aria) and he was so futuristic.

And in case of Gould, he would have celebrated his 80th birthday this year but unfortunately he is no longer with us and died only a few months after this video recording which is luckily also available with the complete "Goldberg Variations".

As I said earlier in this thread:

When you listen to Bach, you are never alone and in case of this little excerpt this is so very true.

Thank you Glenn for this wonderful legacy :heart:

X

XMan101

That was sensational, Ben, almost brought tears it was so good .

Thank you :)

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
My dear XMan ;)

You are so right! Well and Glenn just does something that many musicians totally ignore - he TAKES TIME to let develop the themes and structures and in case what you said, it happens often to me that I cry after listening the complete Variations as I did this evening btw.

And especially after "heavy" pieces like Wagner you have just a craving after "pure" music if that makes sense and I love to hear Bach for the fact of finding silence and inner calm.

Looking forward to share more in this thread and I want to thank you again -ihno- for starting this wonderful thread.

Never thought that the interest could be so huge and it is absolutely a pleasure to have all the interesting exchanges and different tastes.

Have all a wonderful Sunday guys :heart: